ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Grove @ Hibriten

Beamer, has Hibriten improved from last year. I know Hibriten has had some good teams over the years.
I think so. Last year had alot of injuries and not alot of team speed. This team seems to have more speed and toughness especially on defense. If offense can clean up some things could be a pretty good ball team. Only losses thus far are to 2 pretty good 3A schools.

Another tough ball game for Panthers here this week… Oak Grove seems to be really solid both offensively and defensively… Need to play like we did against South Point and clean up some of the mistakes to have a chance… Also hoping we can stay injury free headed into bye week with the conference games starting on the 29th

Hibriten is fairly solid defensively again this year. The offense is feeling there way along, similar to last year's team. The offense will get better before conference play. As @beamer24 said earlier, 2 losses to good 3A teams, and you learn from those games. You get BETTER playing good opponents, not smaller, weaker schools before conference play starts. Hopefully a strong, solid performance against Oak Grove and see what happens.

I think so. Last year had alot of injuries and not alot of team speed. This team seems to have more speed and toughness especially on defense. If offense can clean up some things could be a pretty good ball team. Only losses thus far are to 2 pretty good 3A schools.
Beamer24,

What were your thoughts on your game against South Point?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Beamer24,

What were your thoughts on your game against South Point?
They run the QB and FB to death. Hit you with the occasional pass or pitch to wing backs. Defense is solid against run but probably susceptible to the pass. We were pretty much mirror images of one another they were just a little better.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
They run the QB and FB to death. Hit you with the occasional pass or pitch to wing backs. Defense is solid against run but probably susceptible to the pass. We were pretty much mirror images of one another they were just a little better.
How did your defense hold up overall against their run game? I haven’t seen any stats.

How did your defense hold up overall against their run game? I haven’t seen any stats.
I thought our defense did really well. They had 1 long pass td on a busted coverage and 1 long td run at end of game when our defense was gassed but overall I felt like our defense played well. We played good assignment football and for the most part made them grind out 1st downs.

Hibriten has a really nice game-day atmosphere. Really nice people pretty much everywhere you looked. Very nice hosts. The Cheesesteak seemed to be a pretty popular item as well! I had a pretty decent BBQ sandwich. (if I‘m being truthful.. two BBQ sandwiches)

Question: Is South Caldwell the big in county rival? The amount of score updates over the PA speaker last night seemed excessive. South Caldwell has been bad for years. Was it a surprise that Cutherbertson put the running clock on them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT