ADVERTISEMENT

NORTHEASTERN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I didn't know that. I noticed during the Ptank game that every time our kicker kicked off after a td that the panthers were receiving the ball around the 25-30 yard line. They had good field position every time. I know early in the season we couldn't make a pat. We were fortunate to have Sunshine and the Iceman for all those years and we got spoiled. Caleb (Gates) is a really good kicker, I only wished he lived here. When I go the Gates County games he's constantly putting the ball in the end zone on the kickoffs. I was at the game against Hertford County when he hit a 42 yarder, It was dead center, I was like d**#.

Kicker is a weakness if he can't even get into the endzone. Playoff time, that will really hurt. Most return men are the teams best player in the later rounds. Good luck to NE the rest of the way. Hope a meeting is in the agenda.

Reactions: daagoob
Yes I figured you didn’t but of course nhs superfan had to make a comment about that. He hadn’t posted all day so I was hoping he had fell in a hole or just decided to quit acting like a groupie and stay off our thread lol.

And he’s gonna make some stupid comment in 5....4.....3....2......lol!!!!

Dude chill. Speak football for once, not even sure you ever played the game. Groupie? LoL NE will never have groupies promise you. Been good for a few years, never won a title, don't think people love them type of teams.

I've seen both teams this year, SWO O-line is very huge. My concern is the strength and quickness of NE Dline may give them fits. Clinton tried the power ball last year w/ #10 against this same NE front minus lil Fresh and Thomas and were unsuccessful. SWO will have to be creative unless their Defense can hold NE under 28 points

Kicker is a weakness if he can't even get into the endzone. Playoff time, that will really hurt. Most return men are the teams best player in the later rounds. Good luck to NE the rest of the way. Hope a meeting is in the agenda.

Is this the same person lol,I can't believe I'm going to say this,smh. I agree with you, I told my buddy that the only thing that concerned me with Northeastern was our kicking game. I said the same exact thing about most teams put their best players back on the kickoffs. That can really hurt us because once we get past the first round were potentially going to play a WRH,SWO,or Clinton. We can't afford to give them good starting field position. Those teams are to good.

I was told last night that there's a chance the kicker from Gates could end up at Northeastern for his senior year. I personally don't see this happening but I wouldn't bet against it.

Reactions: eglfan
Is this the same person lol,I can't believe I'm going to say this,smh. I agree with you, I told my buddy that the only thing that concerned me with Northeastern was our kicking game. I said the same exact thing about most teams put their best players back on the kickoffs. That can really hurt us because once we get past the first round were potentially going to play a WRH,SWO,or Clinton. We can't afford to give them good starting field position. Those teams are to good.

Brother, at the end of the day, we're both fans of highschool football. Never wish bad on any player or any team. Just roll with SWO 100% all the time. Just back and forth keep the boards exciting and entertaining. Kicking game and defense is number one concern in the playoffs. This year, the east is stacked in small 2a. I handful of teams could run the table. Swo is blessed with a great kicker, and a hard hitting smashmouth defense. Our oline is huge like the said above, not making it up. Our QB is good not great, running and passing, better at running. Our RB Jordan is GREAT, fast and many moves, one play and can take it to the house. FB is huge 6'2 or 6'3 265 and can run. Defense is huge and fly to the ball. Just facts man, I know NE is loaded this year. IMO the loss of another playmaker as JR will be the difference. I know all year long you said can't tell you lost him, but deep in the playoffs need all the weapons you can have. Good teams will take your best player or two players out of the game, so always need skill players all over the field

Reactions: eglfan and daagoob
I've seen both teams this year, SWO O-line is very huge. My concern is the strength and quickness of NE Dline may give them fits. Clinton tried the power ball last year w/ #10 against this same NE front minus lil Fresh and Thomas and were unsuccessful. SWO will have to be creative unless their Defense can hold NE under 28 points

Thanks for the input. SWO defense is good, should keep NE under 28

Otis, are you going to the SWO game against Croatan? If your thinking about it then give me a call. I read somewhere that they served crab cakes there, lol. That might be a game breaker for me. Plus I'd get to see SWO before the playoffs

Otis, are you going to the SWO game against Croatan? If your thinking about it then give me a call. I read somewhere that they served crab cakes there, lol. That might be a game breaker for me. Plus I'd get to see SWO before the playoffs

Come won't be much of a game thou. Running clock by halftime. This conference is so bad our JV team would be underrated. Jordan will play max 2 quarters and put up 200+

Thanks. Good post from someone who has seen both teams play. Do you think the swo defense can limit nhs?

I still think we will be okay as I’m sure they’re working with him and he will be ready by playoffs with whatever he may be lacking. What I like about him is one game he let a player run past him and didn’t even try to stop him but the next game he hit the guy and stopped the return lol. He’s not no skinny kid so he can hit too if he needs to. Hopefully they will be okay, we will see.

Thanks. Good post from someone who has seen both teams play. Do you think the swo defense can limit nhs?
Only if SWO offense can create long drives to keep NE off the field. SWO has a back that can take it to the house in a split second just like the QB for NE and Freshwater. I would give a slight edge to NE playing home and they are getting more familiar w/ Down East play now. Seems like Coach Moore has structured his teams now to challenge these guys and has done a nice job!

Reactions: daagoob and eglfan
Only if SWO offense can create long drives to keep NE off the field. SWO has a back that can take it to the house in a split second just like the QB for NE and Freshwater. I would give a slight edge to NE playing home and they are getting more familiar w/ Down East play now. Seems like Coach Moore has structured his teams now to challenge these guys and has done a nice job!

Thank you for the insight.

Eagle fan, I heard yesterday it looked like ODU commit Jorrell Baum would be back. That would be huge for us. Have you heard this?

Yes from what I was told the last time I talked to his parents as long as the dr clears him when he goes back for follow-up coming up he is good. He dressed out last week but didn't play however I saw him running so he is looking good.

Yes from what I was told the last time I talked to his parents as long as the dr clears him when he goes back for follow-up coming up he is good. He dressed out last week but didn't play however I saw him running so he is looking good.

I was told he was running all outs and doing drills and that his father said he would be back.

Eagle fan, I heard yesterday it looked like ODU commit Jorrell Baum would be back. That would be huge for us. Have you heard this?

Good news, hate to see any young man out his entire senior year. Hope hes able to stay on the field.

Welcome to the boards young one. Not even sure what your trying to say there. Glad to see your showing NE players true colors.

You don’t know if that is actually a nhs player or not. People can make any acct with any name...you should know that. That being said, with all that’s been said about them you can’t blame him for being a little pissed if it is a player....just saying.

Playoff projections look like we won’t meet swo but wrh...unless it changes.

You don’t know if that is actually a nhs player or not. People can make any acct with any name...you should know that. That being said, with all that’s been said about them you can’t blame him for being a little pissed if it is a player....just saying.

Dude your acting like their the only team in the state people question. Get a clue man, NE is no one special, they haven't won anything. Yes they are good, but there are many teams this year in the east that can beat NE

Playoff projections look like we won’t meet swo but wrh...unless it changes.

LoL don't choke again and let WRH come to your house and beat the number 1 seed. Might be worse this year to be completely honest. WRH will pound the clock, long slow drives. WRH big game experience will be the factor

LoL don't choke again and let WRH come to your house and beat the number 1 seed. Might be worse this year to be completely honest. WRH will pound the clock, long slow drives. WRH big game experience will be the factor

The Eagles will be ready for whoever they face. We can't avoid the WRH,CLINTONS, and SWO so we might as well get it on. Im ready for the playoffs to start.

The Eagles will be ready for whoever they face. We can't avoid the WRH,CLINTONS, and SWO so we might as well get it on. Im ready for the playoffs to start.

Your 100% correct, can't dodge anyone in the playoffs. Believe you will see two out of the three you listed above. Anyone who makes it to the eastern finals will have to earn it this year!!!!

Dude shut up and worry about yall’s games.

Dude your acting like their the only team in the state people question. Get a clue man, NE is no one special, they haven't won anything. Yes they are good, but there are many teams this year in the east that can beat NE

And definitely many who can and have beat swo...facts are facts. Maybe the new poster is a player from a school swo already played and they used an alias...I mean they said your o-line is some a** so maybe they know from experience lol!!!

Looks like iis going to be the number 2 seed

Reactions: StallionSWO
And definitely many who can and have beat swo...facts are facts. Maybe the new poster is a player from a school swo already played and they used an alias...I mean they said your o-line is some a** so maybe they know from experience lol!!!

Who's beat SWO this year that we might play???? And haven't played NE this year so how would a NE player know ?? What are you talking about dude? I promise you, keep thinking our oline is trash LOL you and all your fans will be surprised. They are huge and very strong. They all bench over 300 and all over 6'2 looks like a 4a teams line. Not sure if you dont watch film or don't have the connections to game film.

Who's beat SWO this year that we might play???? And haven't played NE this year so how would a NE player know ?? What are you talking about dude? I promise you, keep thinking our oline is trash LOL you and all your fans will be surprised. They are huge and very strong. They all bench over 300 and all over 6'2 looks like a 4a teams line. Not sure if you dont watch film or don't have the connections to game film.

Again your reading comprehension is lacking, I said the new person on the blog could be someone you already played not a nhs player since they said the o-line is a** because nhs hasn’t played you. You just said the same thing I just said! Geez! You be so busy trying to throw insults that you miss the whole point of my post.

Save the hyping up of your team for the teams you might play in playoffs. You act like benching 300 pounds is something new smh.

Again your reading comprehension is lacking, I said the new person on the blog could be someone you already played not a nhs player since they said the o-line is a** because nhs hasn’t played you. You just said the same thing I just said! Geez! You be so busy trying to throw insults that you miss the whole point of my post.

Save the hyping up of your team for the teams you might play in playoffs. You act like benching 300 pounds is something new smh.

LoL what are you talking about damn dude. Why even reply when you just talk nonsense. Again who has played SWO and thinks their oline is trash. Your own dumb ass players get on here talking and you take up for them and talk nonsense about now its another team. Just stop damn, your posts are gettin dumber and dumber. Benching 300 is more then you will ever put up team dad. You seen film on SWO???? We have three games on NE as film goes and our FB is bigger then your linemen LoL The tiny DB you have will get ran at all night promise you that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT