ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Coastal Conference

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
Our top games this week

Camden County 4-2 (1-2) @ Hertford County 6-1 (3-1)

Northeastern 5-2 (4-0) @ Manteo 2-5 (1-3)

First Flight 0-6 (0-3) @ Holmes 5-2 (3-1)

I’ll mostly be focusing on our 2a playoff contenders which are Camden County, Holmes, Northeastern, and Hertford County. Our conference is a 2a/3a conference with Currituck County and First Flight both being 3a

The Camden County/Hertford County game is most definitely the top game in our conference this week. Camden runs the option while Hertford County has a high powered passing attack led by one of the top quarterbacks in the state. Many of you haven’t seen Keveon Rodgers but you will most likely see him come playoff time. This kid while only a junior is dynamic, he runs like Vick and has a cannon for an arm. He’s the best qb I’ve seen in our conference ever. Northeastern and Holmes will have no problems in their games and should win big. The one big conference game looming will take place on 10/28 when Hertford County and Holmes matchup. That game will play a significant role in seeding for the playoffs. I saw someone post on another thread that the ECC was the strongest conference in the east, well I’m going to disagree. I’ll put Hertford County, Holmes, and Northeastern up against anyone in the east.

Our top games this week

I’ll mostly be focusing on our 2a playoff contenders which are Camden County, Holmes, Northeastern, and Hertford County. Our conference is a 2a/3a conference with Currituck County and First Flight both being 3a

The Camden County/Hertford County game is most definitely the top game in our conference this week. Camden runs the option while Hertford County has a high powered passing attack led by one of the top quarterbacks in the state. Many of you haven’t seen Keveon Rodgers but you will most likely see him come playoff time. This kid while only a junior is dynamic, he runs like Vick and has a cannon for an arm. He’s the best qb I’ve seen in our conference ever. Northeastern and Holmes will have no problems in their games and should win big. The one big conference game looming will take place on 10/28 when Hertford County and Holmes matchup. That game will play a significant role in seeding for the playoffs. I saw someone post on another thread that the ECC was the strongest conference in the east, well I’m going to disagree. I’ll put Hertford County, Holmes, and Northeastern up against anyone in the east.
This is the strongest your conference has been in years; I give you that. I'd still take WRH, ED, and JK over those 3 though.

HC
NE
Holmes

Our top games this week

Leave it up to Goob to come up with these teams that have no sauce hit and miss teams out of the 3 Holmes is the only one that I’ve ever heard about that has clout to even say anything negative about!!

Leave it up to Goob to come up with these teams that have no sauce hit and miss teams out of the 3 Holmes is the only one that I’ve ever heard about that has clout to even say anything negative about!!
Could you explain that in English so maybe I can understand what your saying.

Reactions: crusaders13
This is the strongest your conference has been in years; I give you that. I'd still take WRH, ED, and JK over those 3 though.

HC
NE
Holmes
You may be correct and we’ll most likely find out come playoff time because I don’t see any way these teams avoid playing each other. Hopefully we get to see a few ECC/NCC matchups this year

Would be nice!! But Be Careful what u hope for!!
It’s not that I hope for it to happen but the top teams tend to play their best in the playoffs so I just don’t see us avoiding the Duplin County teams if they’re as good as advertised. I don’t think wrh is as good as they were last year but at the same time I don’t think we are either. Hertford County is a team in my eyes to watch out for. I know we beat them but anyone that was at that game knows it was a lot closer than the scoreboard indicated. The thing I don’t like about Holmes is their inability to throw the ball. I wish Coach Hoggard would open up the offense and not solely rely on the run. I’m with Chopper when he says it’s going to take a team that can expose you with their passing game just as well as they can with their running attack. You just can’t be one dimensional unless you have a superstar in the backfield. If you get behind against these western teams you got to be able to throw the the ball.

Last edited:
It’s not that I hope for it to happen but the top teams tend to play their best in the playoffs so I just don’t see us avoiding the Duplin County teams if they’re as good as advertised. I don’t think wrh is as good as they were last year but at the same time I don’t think we are either. Hertford County is a team in my eyes to watch out for. I know we beat them but anyone that was at that game knows it was a lot closer than the scoreboard indicated. The thing I don’t like about Holmes is their inability to throw the ball. I wish Coach Hoggard would open up the offense and not solely rely on the run. I’m with Chopper when he says it’s going to take a team that can expose you with their passing game just as well as they can with their running attack. You just can’t be one dimensional unless you have a superstar in the backfield. If you get behind against these western teams you got to be able to throw the the ball.
It worked for us 7 times Goob

It worked for us 7 times Goob
I understand but weren’t 6 of those at the 1a level. That’s a completely different scenario in 1a. I may be wrong because I don’t follow wrh like that. I can say in our defense that we were a 4a school for the longest time and it’s extremely hard to compete at the 4a level when your in a town of 16,000 people compared to schools out of big cities

I understand but weren’t 6 of those at the 1a level. That’s a completely different scenario in 1a. I may be wrong because I don’t follow wrh like that. I can say in our defense that we were a 4a school for the longest time and it’s extremely hard to compete at the 4a level when your in a town of 16,000 people compared to schools out of big l

I understand but weren’t 6 of those at the 1a level. That’s a completely different scenario in 1a. I may be wrong because I don’t follow wrh like that. I can say in our defense that we were a 4a school for the longest time and it’s extremely hard to compete at the 4a level when your in a town of 16,000 people compared to schools out of big cities
Good no matter what 2 of those shops were 2a if lincolnton and Reidsville the other 5 were 1AA !! Can NE win Atleast One?,One Questions Can NE Win The Big One?

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Good no matter what 2 of those shops were 2a if lincolnton and Reidsville the other 5 were 1AA !! Can NE win Atleast One?,One Questions Can NE Win The Big One?
We will definitely win one but I don’t see it happening this year. I do think we have as good a chance to win the east as does anyone else. I love the addition of a very good running attack to go with our passing game. We have us a good one in the backfield and he’s drawing the attention of a lot of college coaches now. Northeastern has a very good chance at winning the east, Posters from down south better be very cautious before writing us off. We play really good on the road and aren’t intimidated by those DC schools. Our coaches would love nothing more than to be able to return the favor of ending your season in Teachey, and we will if the opportunity presents itself

yeah they thought they would win consistent titles in the bug league like they used to win in the microbe league where the game isn't played at level it is in the bug arena.

Even with dubdividing they eeked out ONE in THIS century. It' not just Shelby that can knock your block off and blow up the scoreboard. Unlike Clinton and ED, those WRH fans are hard headed on here.

Look here you pop warner kings, 2A isn't subdivided anymore

you're gonna be looking like this more often than not, especially facing anything west..

puppy-struggle.gif

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
No surprises in our conference it was all chalk, next week should be more of the same

First Flight 31
Holmes 69

Northeastern 42
Manteo 6

Camden County 19
Hertford County 45

Currituck County 61
Pasquotank County 34
Northeastern vs currituck next week

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Northeastern vs currituck next week
Previously I had stated up here that I thought Currituck might be able to knock off a young inexperienced NE team but I have since changed my mind. Northeastern will roll big. The emergence of Spencer at rb has made our Eagles so much more dangerous. Now if we only had a defense but unfortunately we’re lacking in that department. That will most likely lead to our downfall in the playoffs.

Previously I had stated up here that I thought Currituck might be able to knock off a young inexperienced NE team but I have since changed my mind. Northeastern will roll big. The emergence of Spencer at rb has made our Eagles so much more dangerous. Now if we only had a defense but unfortunately we’re lacking in that department. That will most likely lead to our downfall in the playoffs.
Always do Goob

Reactions: daagoob
THURSDAY 10/20

East #6 Holmes @ East #16 Camden County

I guess being I only live two miles away from the Swamp I’ll go and watch this game. I’ll just have to take a Red Bull with me to drink so I can hopefully stay awake. I’ll go out on a limb and say maybe we see a total of 5 pass attempts between these two teams. I’m sorry but to me this just isn’t very entertaining football, it’s kind of like teams using the four corners in basketball before the introduction of the shot clock. I’m pulling for Camden but I think Holmes will win easily setting the stage for the huge conference showdown the following week against Hertford County. Go Bruins

Found this on YouTube earlier. This game was neck and neck going into the 4th before NE broke away after a couple of costly fumbles by HC. For those of you who haven’t seen star HC Jr qb Keveon Rodgers there is plenty of footage in this clip of him in action. Fast forward to 16:25 and you can get a good glimpse of just how talented he is. This HC team has a good chance to make some serious noise in the 2a eastern playoffs. For any of our 3 top conference teams to be serious championship contenders their all going to have to put in some serious work in practice on defense. That’s just my take, Holmes, NE, and HC all have really good offenses that can put up some points with NE and HC being able to strike fast. NE is a very well rounded squad this season that can hurt you in multiple ways. NE defense is still very young so we’ll just have to see how the season plays out.

Found this on YouTube earlier. This game was neck and neck going into the 4th before NE broke away after a couple of costly fumbles by HC. For those of you who haven’t seen star HC Jr qb Keveon Rodgers there is plenty of footage in this clip of him in action. Fast forward to 16:25 and you can get a good glimpse of just how talented he is. This HC team has a good chance to make some serious noise in the 2a eastern playoffs. For any of our 3 top conference teams to be serious championship contenders their all going to have to put in some serious work in practice on defense. That’s just my take, Holmes, NE, and HC all have really good offenses that can put up some points with NE and HC being able to strike fast. NE is a very well rounded squad this season that can hurt you in multiple ways. NE defense is still very young so we’ll just have to see how the season plays out.
For some reason I can’t get this video to play up here, on my end anyways. It must be a conspiracy 😂

Big showdown tonight in our neck of the swamp when Holmes visits a much improved Camden County. According to MaxPreps the kickoff is set for 6:30. If you like that down south ECC style football then this would be a good game to tune into. All these two teams do is run and keep running. This game doesn't have the hype of a ED/wrh but it's definitely a good game for Thursday night. I believe it can be listened to online at 103.7 WTIB out of Greenville.

That Homes team looks pretty good to me and well coached from what I have seen. Didn't their Head Coach come from Richmond County? And I think he did very well while he was there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
That Homes team looks pretty good to me and well coached from what I have seen. Didn't their Head Coach come from Richmond County? And I think he did very well while he was there.
@AcesWild2323 could probably tell you more about the coach (Hoggard) but I do believe he won at least one state championship at Richmond County. I know that Wes (AD) was the head coach at Thomasville for a while. Holmes has done very well with the talent that they've had. I would like to see what they could do if they had the talent we've been blessed with over here at NE recently. I think Hoggard might have have couple state championships that he could put on his resume tbh. Camden won't be a pushover tonight. I think they'll keep it somewhat close in the first half because of their defensive front

Yep sometimes a team doesn't have to win to tell they are coached well. They look like a discipline team. Seen to stay focused

Last edited:
Big showdown tonight in our neck of the swamp when Holmes visits a much improved Camden County. According to MaxPreps the kickoff is set for 6:30. If you like that down south ECC style football then this would be a good game to tune into. All these two teams do is run and keep running. This game doesn't have the hype of a ED/wrh but it's definitely a good game for Thursday night. I believe it can be listened to online at 103.7 WTIB out of Greenville.
Are you going to be posting updates on the score from the game tonight? I have to work tonight and will not be able to make it in time

He is a great coach. Played his high school football at Bertie.
I figured he may end up at Bertie eventually because I know all the Hoggards live over there. I used to play in a big poker game in Askewville that was put on by one the Hoggards. Im sure they’re probably related.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT