ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Coastal Conference - Our top 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game dagoob, plan to watch replay shortly
Unfortunately you won’t get to see a good game from our qb because HC defense really played well against our receivers. There were a lot of dropped passes tonight on well thrown balls. What you will see is a great performance from #5 in the backfield that imo saved us tonight. I also think our defense is playing better but our pass protection was lacking tonight. Kaveon had a lot of wide open receivers to throw to and that will hurt us against a team like Clinton and their experienced qb.

That was very uncharacteristic of Harney and Saunders. Saunders should have had an interception but missed the wide open pass that Kaveon overthrew. James that was a big crowd and Hertford County brought a lot of fans. Unfortunately I think we may have just locked up the 3 seed in the East.
You do realize that IF ED wins out. ED will be the one seed in the east. Some probably not going to like that but it's true.

That was very uncharacteristic of Harney and Saunders. Saunders should have had an interception but missed the wide open pass that Kaveon overthrew. James that was a big crowd and Hertford County brought a lot of fans. Unfortunately I think we may have just locked up the 3 seed in the East.
Yep

Reactions: Maiden Creek
You do realize that IF ED wins out. ED will be the one seed in the east. Some probably not going to like that but it's true.
That game at wrh will be pivotal and have major implications towards playoff seeding. How high could the dogs jump possibly with a win? On the flip side how much could by a loss by East Duplin affect seeding. Both of these schools played a stonger schedule than Northeastern. I personally think when the dust settles NE will be a three or four seed.

Clinton is #1 in all polls. Their not being #1 in the rpi is a commplete joke based on their strength of schedule vs other teams
I am with you 💯 on this. It should be noted that your Darkhorses absolutely put a beating down on a good wrh team that was ranked high and has played the third toughest schedule in 2a. Your Darkhorses have blown everyone away that they have faced. One cant ask for much more.

That game at wrh will be pivotal and have major implications towards playoff seeding. How high could the dogs jump possibly with a win? On the flip side how much could by a loss by East Duplin affect seeding. Both of these schools played a stonger schedule than Northeastern. I personally think when the dust settles NE will be a three or four seed.
ED wins out they One Seed facts. So I guess Clinton Guys just going to have to pull for those Wallace Rose Hill Bulldogs. 😁 That probably stings!!!!

Last edited:
ED wins out they One Seed facts. So I guess Clinton Guys just going to have to pull for those Wallace Rose Hill Bulldogs. 😁 That probably stings!!!!
Honestly though, do you think East Duplin can beat Clinton this year? I know your coach is better but they are loaded with really good players. I wish we had players in our district like they have in Sampson County. They have more talent in that county than Duplin County and Pasquotank County combined lol. I can say this with confidence and that is that I would take Clinton over my Eagles 🦅 if I had to bet. That’s saying a lot because I would take Northeastern over the rest of the field. I’m not saying they can’t be beat but it would take a near perfect game from our coaches and kids to beat them.

Honestly though, do you think East Duplin can beat Clinton this year? I know your coach is better but they are loaded with really good players. I wish we had players in our district like they have in Sampson County. They have more talent in that county than Duplin County and Pasquotank County combined lol. I can say this with confidence and that is that I would take Clinton over my Eagles 🦅 if I had to bet. That’s saying a lot because I would take Northeastern over the rest of the field. I’m not saying they can’t be beat but it would take a near perfect game from our coaches and kids to beat them.
First off Duplin has as much talent as Sampson. Think about combining ED WRH JK and even maybe N.Duplin. But that really doesn't matter. But the simple answer YES!!! We shouldn't hell they returned basically the whole team and ED basically lost the whole team. ED may lose to Wallace but that wouldn't changed my mind. One thing for sure the pressure would be on Clinton. ED wouldn't even be suppose to be there. And stop the BS and tell the truth its OK

Last edited:
SOS according to NCHSAA based on results including last night. Remember, this is based on ACTUAL won-loss records, not a computer model.

ED .650
NE .433
CTN .439
WRH .580

These will fluctuate wildly the next four weeks based on the remaining schedules for all teams. All four teams have at most one difficult game left.
If I am Clinton and Northeastern, then I want to WRH defeat ED. I see no way WRH would leapfrog either. If ED wins out, I think they would get the #1 seed based on their opponents winning percentage being higher than either Clinton or NE at the END OF THE SEASON.

Some poo poo Simmons, Maxpreps and any other rankings or predictions until they have the team they follow ranked #1. Cant have it both ways.

Goob is always going to agree with Wiz to keep it entertaining and edging him on.

I give Clinton props this year. They are the team to beat. Hard not to be at the 2A level when you have talent like they have. Unbeatable? No, but it will take a supreme effort and some breaks for anyone at least in the east to beat them regardless of where the game is played.

All joking aside, @Wizard of the East is right. We may not like it but Clinton is the best team in the East. Everyone saw what they did to Wrh and Whiteville. I can assure you that it opened my eyes. I went away thinking that there might be a better team in the East than us. 😀. Go Eagles 🦅
In case any missed it NE rb goes for over 400 yards

All joking aside, @Wizard of the East is right. We may not like it but Clinton is the best team in the East. Everyone saw what they did to Wrh and Whiteville. I can assure you that it opened my eyes. I went away thinking that there might be a better team in the East than us. 😀. Go Eagles 🦅
In case any missed it NE rb goes for over 400 yards
Stop it goob they gonna roast u for this lol.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I saw what everyone else saw which was a battle between two good teams and the top rb in 2a

Lol first not everyone saw the game. Second definitely not two good teams and third promise not top RB in 2A. You on a good one goobs....... from what I saw an heard, NE defense is below average and Offense is average. RB is good, but playing defenses without a pulse doesn't prove anything. Btw you can jump of wiz jockstrap as well lol

Lol first not everyone saw the game. Second definitely not two good teams and third promise not top RB in 2A. You on a good one goobs....... from what I saw an heard, NE defense is below average and Offense is average. RB is good, but playing defenses without a pulse doesn't prove anything. Btw you can jump of wiz jockstrap as well lol
Wiz is right, I agree with him

Northeasterns offense is clearly good, but I must say, we (Tarboro) have three common opponents with you guys, Bertie, rocky mount, and Hertford. We blew all three out, and you guys have had close games with all three giving up big points. And compared to some of our past teams, I wouldn’t call this year Tarboros D elite, so with that said, I do feel the defense is going to be a big problem for you guys come playoffs if improvements aren’t made.

Northeasterns offense is clearly good, but I must say, we (Tarboro) have three common opponents with you guys, Bertie, rocky mount, and Hertford. We blew all three out, and you guys have had close games with all three giving up big points. And compared to some of our past teams, I wouldn’t call this year Tarboros D elite, so with that said, I do feel the defense is going to be a big problem for you guys come playoffs if improvements aren’t made.
Thanks, he knows this lol. He is just a hype machine. NE always has a good offense, just zerooooo defense. As the saying goes, defense wins championships. Which NE has zero. But tbh hard to win up there in that area of non athletes. Coach Moore will leave one day and be glad he did, while he is young

We like to keep it interesting, our fans were complaining about all the blowouts

You can't use the transitive property in football, but I will say that looked at Hertford's schedule last night and saw the Tarboro game and made the same inferences you did WRT the similarities in schedule.

Northeastern appears to be elite on the offensive side of the ball. They've also played a bunch of tomato cans and don't appear to be able to stop a nosebleed. Goob knows this. He also knows that by beating his gums about how good NE is and by agreeing with Wizz (who by all accounts is completely senile) he can keep the board stirred up.

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and Swo1980
You can't use the transitive property in football, but I will say that looked at Hertford's schedule last night and saw the Tarboro game and made the same inferences you did WRT the similarities in schedule.

Northeastern appears to be elite on the offensive side of the ball. They've also played a bunch of tomato cans and don't appear to be able to stop a nosebleed. Goob knows this. He also knows that by beating his gums about how good NE is and by agreeing with Wizz (who by all accounts is completely senile) he can keep the board stirred up.
It’s all part of the plan, we’re not going to show our hand until the playoffs start. Everything is playing out perfectly.

💯💯💯 exactly!!! You Tarboro guys come eat steak. Goobs paying !!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT