ADVERTISEMENT

North Rowan at Albemarle thoughts?

To be honest there hasn't been very many Albemarle-North games ever when both teams were good. For years it was always Albemarle as the dominant team but the last few years North has been the dominant one. North will have the upper hand again this year but Albemarle's defense might keep it close for a while.

Albemarle defense! HaHa I can’t wait to hear all the excuses when SS NS NR WM all scores 21 or more points.

Albemarle defense! HaHa I can’t wait to hear all the excuses when SS NS NR WM all scores 21 or more points.
Didn't north hang almost 60 on west stanly lmao and west mont almost hung what 50? I mean your sitting here talking like west stanly is big time and yet their only wins are against small 1a teams lmao and never even dominated those small 1a teams. I wonder if west can even keep east mont under 50 I think that would be an accomplishment.

In regards to NS NR WM they are good teams our defense will keep us competitive but our offense will have to be descent for us to be competitive. IMO I thinks SS and Alb will be within a td it will be a tight dog fight of a game.

Reactions: sway1532
@StanlyCountyBounty ....who’s this guy lmao!

Sometimes you need a moral victory chump, but don’t act like we’re not .500, regardless a wins a win. Beating Albemarle is North and West super bowl...go figure. We’ve whooped North so many times, they should paint our colors on their field...

Wanna hear another story, West Stanly had a decent team back in 2000 and the West coach wanted us to bring that rusty cup we’ve had for years to the game (away of course) Baxter refused...said he couldn’t find the key lol...West had a full house that game and Albemarle came in and crushed them 45-7..go look it up!

North or West couldn’t buy a moral victory back then if they had Trump’s money; go figure....matter of fact, West might not even make the post season lol

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Ok let's see how well Nation does on his 14 to 13 upset over NR and within a TD against South Stanly.

@StanlyCountyBounty ....who’s this guy lmao!

Sometimes you need a moral victory chump, but don’t act like we’re not .500, regardless a wins a win. Beating Albemarle is North and West super bowl...go figure. We’ve whooped North so many times, they should paint our colors on their field...

Wanna hear another story, West Stanly had a decent team back in 2000 and the West coach wanted us to bring that rusty cup we’ve had for years to the game (away of course) Baxter refused...said he couldn’t find the key lol...West had a full house that game and Albemarle came in and crushed them 45-7..go look it up!

North or West couldn’t buy a moral victory back then if they had Trump’s money; go figure....matter of fact, West might not even make the post season lol
North always had problems keeping coaches for a long time had some decent players but alot of coaches that didnt know how to put players in the right positions.We have gotten lucky lately with some good players and decent coaching staff.Hopefully we can keep being decent for awhile and not terrible like in the past.

@atucker2 BULLDOGPRIDE
Ok let's see how well Nation does on his 14 to 13 upset over NR and within a TD against South Stanly.

How well do you think west will do this week? Are you ever on the 2a boards supporting your team? I will wait......

I still can't figure out the NR SS game...I just don't know what to make of it....smh...

I still can't figure out the NR SS game...I just don't know what to make of it....smh...
I was there and don't know what to make of it. I really think SS is better than a lot of people realize. NR isn't as good as a lot of people think. We left some points on the board when we didn't score on first and goal from the five. Missed two field goals. Our defense had several penalties (facemask on a 3rd and long, roughing the passer on another 3rd) all on the last SS drive that should have beaten us.

I think we regroup next week.
NR 30
ALB 6

Nation, I agree with you WS isn’t good and will be lucky to win more than 3 games. Albemarle defense gave up 416 yards tells me that NR NS WM and SS will score a bunch of points also.

Albemarle fans should find out on Friday exactly how good their team actually is right now. So far the best team you played was probably Union Pines and I don't think Union Pines is much better than average. If you hang with North Rowan then I think you should be proud. Albemarle has turned a corner but I think it's a corner from has-been to young upstart.

I will say NR bounces back with a fury.... 30 -18 is about the right feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: atucker2
I'll never root for NS WS or SS (even though my ol lady/dad/cousins etc is an alumni of SS lol) NEVER! I wish I could turn back the clock 7 years and see a pillaging of these SC schools :D

Last time Albemarle played North Rowan....we dropped 42 on'em :D and I hope the same things happens Friday :cool:

Anybody know the score to Albemarle - EM middle school game? I heard WS won 26 WM 6 and NS was up 32-0 at halftime against South.

Just found out Albemarle middle got beat 20 - 0 last night. Like varsity, having trouble scoring points.

Just found out Albemarle middle got beat 20 - 0 last night. Like varsity, having trouble scoring points.

Your comparing a middle school team to a Varsity high school team...."How Sway o_O". Now I have no clue on what's going on at the middle school, but I saw them play a few years back and wasn't impressed with the coaching(No pun intended). We played South Stanly and even though we beat them, they were unpolished. That team then is the high school team now, and Davis has put all the good athletes on the defensive side of the ball. Like I said, different coach different style...these kids have to learn a whole new offense when they get to high school, thank god(little ''G") that we have a J.V...and as far as I know, our J.V. is undefeated. :rolleyes:

Sound like the middle school and the high school are not on the same page..This needs to change...Davis needs to get with the middle school coach and correct this....

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Sound like the middle school and the high school are not on the same page..This needs to change...Davis needs to get with the middle school coach and correct this....

I believe this will happen eventually...just gotta be patient. This is his first year, gotta give this man some time lol

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Two of the first things Gaster did when he got the head coaching job was to make sure the middle school ran his offense and replace about half of the sprinkler heads on the football field . Having the middle school run the varsity offense is a no brainer.

Two of the first things Gaster did when he got the head coaching job was to make sure the middle school ran his offense and replace about half of the sprinkler heads on the football field . Having the middle school run the varsity offense is a no brainer.

Jack got here in 1993 but what month did he come in? Davis didn't get here until late July or August...I don't believe he had time...maybe next year...

I wasn't rushing him sway...maybe he can start during the off season..I think Davis has done a great job.....

Albemarle fans should find out on Friday exactly how good their team actually is right now. So far the best team you played was probably Union Pines and I don't think Union Pines is much better than average. If you hang with North Rowan then I think you should be proud. Albemarle has turned a corner but I think it's a corner from has-been to young upstart.

Naw The Lake Man. We've already established how good Albemarle is this year and their very best is what we're looking to get out of them. My hope is that these guys keep going out and competing and learning. If they were to pull out a win against NR, to me, they did everything right. They do have the potential to pull something like that off, but their youthfulness plays into the equation way to much for them. That's the reality this year. Go Bulldogs!!!

Naw The Lake Man. We've already established how good Albemarle is this year and their very best is what we're looking to get out of them. My hope is that these guys keep going out and competing and learning. If they were to pull out a win against NR, to me, they did everything right. They do have the potential to pull something like that off, but their youthfulness plays into the equation way to much for them. That's the reality this year. Go Bulldogs!!!

Who has Albemarle played that is really good? No one. The best team is probably Union Pines and they are average at best. North Rowan will show you exactly how far this program has improved from last year's debacle.

We should have a decent crowd tonight. Does NR bring a good crowd with them?

We should have a decent crowd tonight. Does NR bring a good crowd with them?
Unfortunately we don't usually bring big crowds to away games unless we are really good. Hopefully it won't be as bad as some of the other conference games. I don't even think the parents travel to see some of these teams play.

From the Salisbury post:
North Rowan (5-1, 2-0 YVC) at Albemarle (3-3, 2-0 YVC)

History: Albemarle has won seven of the 11 meetings. Albemarle won four straight when the schools clashed as YVC foes from 2009-12. North’s most recent win in the series was an opening-night pummeling of the Bulldogs in 2006.

Points: North Rowan has outscored opponents 208-111. Albemarle has been outscored 74-53.

Rankings: North Rowan is ranked No. 135 in the state by MaxPreps. Albemarle is No. 326.

The season: North Rowan has won five straight since losing to West Rowan in Week 2. Albemarle has been involved in shutouts four straight weeks, being shut out twice before blanking YVC clubs Chatham Central and North Moore. A 6-0 win against a North Moore club that was pummeled by North Rowan wasn’t impressive. Albemarle won 1AA state titles as recently as 2009 and 2010, but the program has dropped off quite a bit in recent seasons.

What happens: Albemarle obviously has a stout defense and should be able to stay in the game, but North Rowan has a lot more firepower.

Pick: North Rowan 21, Albemarle 7

Who has Albemarle played that is really good? No one. The best team is probably Union Pines and they are average at best. North Rowan will show you exactly how far this program has improved from last year's debacle.

The Lake Man. I get what you're saying. I'm saying, from my perspective, Albemarle is not the rise to the occasion type team this year. Maybe you've seen something in them this season to think they are going to play any different than they have all season. I haven't. Even against mediocre or worse teams, they struggle to get in the endzone. My son plays for Albemarle and I'm saying this, not to bash or belittle, but that's what I've see all season. They have improved from last year, absolutely. it's not to a point that i expect NR to bring something out of them. That's all I'm saying. I still love my Dawgs, so I hope they do bring it against NR tonight. History this season just doesn't say that it will happen. i sure hope they prove me wrong. :).

Will this game be covered tonight? I won't be able to make it unfortunately...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT