ADVERTISEMENT

North Rowan at Albemarle thoughts?

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
North Rowan travels to Albemarle on 10/6. Who ya got and thoughts?

I think Albemarle defensively can hang in there, offensively to stay in it we need our offense to have a great game. We can't leave our d to hang out and dry. I'm going to stick with my bulldogs in a upset of the year this week and go with a 1pt upset 14-13.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Love your optimism but don't see it happening. Don't think we can score 14 points on them or anybody else this season other than maybe South Davidson.

Hopefully last night was a wake up call for the Cavs. Can't look past anybody. I think we bounce back. 30-6

I still think NR is the favorite to win the conference, but after last night it should be interesting..Probably come down to the NS game.....SS has made it very interesting

I still think NR is the favorite to win the conference, but after last night it should be interesting..Probably come down to the NS game.....SS has made it v interesting

Albemarle hasn't played the top 5 teams in their conference. Let's see how the defense does against them. I'm thinking all 5 will score at least 21 and will hang an L on the dogs.

NR I don't think will score 47 on this defense

I'm not sure where this business about Albemarle having a great defense came from. West Stanly, Eastern Randolph, and Union Pines scored 25, 22, and 21 points on this defense. North Rowan's offense is far stronger than any of those three teams. Thomasville, Chatham Central, and North Moore have offense is far worse than Albemarle. I've simply seen no evidence of a great defense on the part of Albemarle. Just very, very weak opponents who would have trouble getting positive yards against tackling dummies. I hope to be proven wrong, but that defense is nothing to crow about yet. Now if they can put up the same numbers against the upper echelon of the conference, then we can crow about a strong defense. But I do not believe the defense that I saw Friday night against North Moore is going to be able to stand up longer than a half against the Cavaliers. North Rowan simply has far more weapons than anyone Albemarle has faced thus far.

Reactions: atucker2
I'm not sure where this business about Albemarle having a great defense came from. West Stanly, Eastern Randolph, and Union Pines scored 25, 22, and 21 points on this defense. North Rowan's offense is far stronger than any of those three teams. Thomasville, Chatham Central, and North Moore have offense is far worse than Albemarle. I've simply seen no evidence of a great defense on the part of Albemarle. Just very, very weak opponents who would have trouble getting positive yards against tackling dummies. I hope to be proven wrong, but that defense is nothing to crow about yet. Now if they can put up the same numbers against the upper echelon of the conference, then we can crow about a strong defense. But I do not believe the defense that I saw Friday night against North Moore is going to be able to stand up longer than a half against the Cavaliers. North Rowan simply has far more weapons than anyone Albemarle has faced thus far.

No, Thomasville has a better offense, statistically, than Albemarle.

Not surprising most have said that. Keep in mind west stanly and union pines benefited from 5 turnovers and 100 yds in penalties as well. Maybe I am wrong but I guess we will see

Agree with a lot of what you say, NM88....we have not played the better teams yet and if our offense can't move the ball, our defense will wear out in the 2nd half....our D has played well considering the fact they have been on the field way to long....i have said all along we win 4 games year and im sticking to it...lol

I agree Buddy. If Albemarle did an NM And played slow ball, I really think that would bring positives against the top part of the league. Keep it within striking distance until the fourth and then see what happens.

I am not sure why anyone discounts turnovers. Some young teams simply turn the ball over more than others. North Rowan will win this game. I'm guessing the score will be around at 31 to 7 victory.

Wait a minute...y’all know to @me when someone is talking about Albemarle....

So your telling me that Albemarle D isn’t that good...how the heck would you know @NM88 NM hasn’t scored more than 14 points all season lmao! So I guess your saying that North Rowan Defense isn’t that good either allowing NM to score 7....please!

As far as WS UP and ER, we’ve sored up our D since then, now would the outcome be different; possible not, but I can guarantee you that it would be a better showing and a lot closer than you think. On top of that UP really didn’t do anything until the fourth as well as WS and ER...do people even know football

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I've only seen Albemarle defense against West Stanly but wasn't impressed at all. West had 416 total yards with a freshman getting 100 of those.

Albemarle defense not as great as some are making it out to be. Guess you will figure it out the next few weeks.

Albemarle defense not as great as some are making it out to be. Guess you will figure it out the next few weeks.

Albemarle is letting up an avg 13.2 ppg so far in their schedule how many pts a game is 1a teams avg against them?

Also don't act like west came in a dominated anything unless you were watching a completely different game. They won THIS year between the lines but those days are coming to an end my friend. So keep talking now while you can.

Nation numbers don’t lie! West kicked Albemarle tails and even took a knee to keep from scoring again.

Nation numbers don’t lie! West kicked Albemarle tails and even took a knee to keep from scoring again.

Oh please your dreaming west didn't kick anything. If our offense is avg we beat you easily. West is getting their tales kicked and will continue to do so. My prediction this year was your last time beating Albemarle for awhile.

Oh so last time you said you needed to see how next summer does before making a prediction on West Albemarle game. Are you ready to bet on that!

Oh so last time you said you needed to see how next summer does before making a prediction on West Albemarle game. Are you ready to bet on that!

Sure Albemarle loses I will wear a colts shirt to our next game you lose you get decked in out in bulldog pride gear and walk into a west stanly game

Albemarle fans = cowboys fans. Always next year’s champs. Throw them a parade they held a powerful north Moore offense from moving the ball. Lol pathetic. Moral victories are for minor league coaches.

Wait a minute...y’all know to @me when someone is talking about Albemarle....

So your telling me that Albemarle D isn’t that good...how the heck would you know @NM88 NM hasn’t scored more than 14 points all season lmao! So I guess your saying that North Rowan Defense isn’t that good either allowing NM to score 7....please!

As far as WS UP and ER, we’ve sored up our D since then, now would the outcome be different; possible not, but I can guarantee you that it would be a better showing and a lot closer than you think. On top of that UP really didn’t do anything until the fourth as well as WS and ER...do people even know football
sway been keeping an eye on all things Albemarle because all you guys were cool before and after ER game.

Gave AHS props for effort during ER game but...

ER scored in 3rd quarter to make it 22-0. Score was 15-0 at half. ER couldn't punch it in the end zone in 4th quarter despite being down there a few times.

As I said then I say now, wishing AHS continued improvement and success.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Albemarle fans = cowboys fans. Always next year’s champs. Throw them a parade they held a powerful north Moore offense from moving the ball. Lol pathetic. Moral victories are for minor league coaches.

Lol how many state ships does west and north have combined? I believe Albemarle fans are the only ones who really knows what that feels like correct?

Reactions: sway1532
sway been keeping an eye on all things Albemarle because all you guys were cool before and after ER game.

Gave AHS props for effort during ER game but...

ER scored in 3rd quarter to make it 22-0. Score was 15-0 at half. ER couldn't punch it in the end zone in 4th quarter despite being down there a few times.

As I said then I say now, wishing AHS continued improvement and success.

good luck the rest of the way to ER as well

To tell you the truth I miss the days when Albemarle was good made the North Stanly vs Albemarle game that more exciting. It was a different atmosphere at the game then if you where a North fan. Now the last few years kinda boring. I hope Albemarle can get back to playing like they use to(not as good as they use to though...lol)..They do look like there headed in the right direction though!!

To tell you the truth I miss the days when Albemarle was good made the North Stanly vs Albemarle game that more exciting. It was a different atmosphere at the game then if you where a North fan. Now the last few years kinda boring. I hope Albemarle can get back to playing like they use to(not as good as they use to though...lol)..They do look like there headed in the right direction though!!

NS I agree last couple of years have been lack luster to say the least. That's always a great game with a packed house and a good football game makes the environment awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT