ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson vs Ledford Round 2

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Well, here we are again. And the stakes are higher than the conference title; winner moves on and loser rolls out the basketballs.

I don't really see it going any differently, but our guys need to just shut up and play football. Quit letting other teams bait you into stupid stuff. I expect Ledford will try to get Coleman Reich more involved this time, they couldn't run the ball AT ALL last week.

The good news for Ledford is this isn’t much of a road game. The bad news for Ledford is this is where their season ends.

I know the boys have sky high confidence from blasting teams. But arrogance is a costly sin in football. Flynn better right this wrong before it’s too late. The time to eat humble pie during a game is too late, we can’t have that now.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Sounds like Ledford was lucky to win last night against Anson. I wasn't actually that surprised, because Anson has athletes and that is what Ledford has always struggled against. Their record is very deceiving, as they have struggled against average to bad teams and got beat thoroughly by the only good teams they played, North and Glenn.

With that said, I'm having visions of Davie County from 2010. We beat their butts the last week of the regular season, then they ran us off the field in the fourth quarter of the playoff game. Ledford is no Davie, but we have to stay focused and just beat their butts again.

With that said, I'm having visions of Davie County from 2010. We beat their butts the last week of the regular season, then they ran us off the field in the fourth quarter of the playoff game. Ledford is no Davie, but we have to stay focused and just beat their butts again.

No doubt, CANNOT take a team lightly now.

That 2010 team had an absolute FORCE of a offensive game but probably the worst defense North Davidson had since 2000, I mean stinky defense. North was in a lot of shoot outs and that defense really struggled. Man that running game was a true beauty though. Anyways, my point is this teams defense is far better.

Smart execution should see North through. Don't turn the ball over and limit your flags to maybe 1 and you shouldn't have any issues.

How that Davie team strung it together and made it to state is still one of the underdog stories of NC football.

Bad memories there. We left that game in the 4th quarter once the outcome was decided, and I think the Barbour kid scored two more touchdowns before we could get to the car. I just remember him going around the right end over and over and running forever that day.

Bad memories there. We left that game in the 4th quarter once the outcome was decided, and I think the Barbour kid scored two more touchdowns before we could get to the car. I just remember him going around the right end over and over and running forever that day.

I believe in my heart that kid willed them to state. I mean he played like his head was on fire for davie.

Well anyway, another big one against Ledford.

Go black Knights.

Dean Jarvis and I had this same conversation Friday night.

Wish there were Ledford fans on here... How bout East Davidson? Will the crowd be better this time? I was disappointed for a conference title showdown...

How many different kinds of uniforms does ND have,they seem like the "OREGON" of high school football or is that just my imagination?...I like them all,of course black goes with any color combination,and it's also my favorite color

Last edited:
Hard to believe there's not a TUTTLE on this ND team or is there?...seems like every year since the beginning of time there has always been a TUTTLE playing ball at ND...so come on now I know there's got to be at least one right now coming up thru the ranks lol

Hard to believe there's not a TUTTLE on this ND team or is there?...seems like every year since the beginning of time there has always been a TUTTLE playing ball at ND...so come on now I know there's got to be at least one right now coming up thru the ranks lol[/QUOTE
I think most if not all the future Tuttle's will be at Oak Grove. I think they have one or two Tuttle kids on JV there this year.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
The Tuttle family is from the Midway community. They will now be playing at Oak Grove. I do believe there was a Tuttle on the Oak Grove JV team this year. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. That family bleeds black and orange, I wouldn't be surprised if future generations buy homes in Welcome or Arcadia so their kids can attend North Davidson.:)

It doesn't seem right to have the tuttles go to anywhere but ND but yes, they have typically been Midway bound.

Don't get me started on the ND jersey's. They are a crime against humanity and disgrace to all the classic Black Knight uniforms. I have to post one.

DSC_4173-X3.jpg

Look at how awesome those things are! Now those boys look like some Black knights! What was wrong with these simple appearances?

All right, I promise I'll stop crowing about our AWFUL jersey's, I will!

Go Black Knights!

It doesn't seem right to have the tuttles go to anywhere but ND but yes, they have typically been Midway bound.

Don't get me started on the ND jersey's. They are a crime against humanity and disgrace to all the classic Black Knight uniforms. I have to post one.

DSC_4173-X3.jpg

Look at how awesome those things are! Now those boys look like some Black knights! What was wrong with these simple appearances?

All right, I promise I'll stop crowing about our AWFUL jersey's, I will!

Go Black Knights!
Too much gray now!!

Uniforms aside, (although I don't like them) the number on the jersey are the worst part. Ripped right out of a 1987 skating rink / space odyssey font. Plus, they tend to fold up under the bottom of the shoulder pads, rendering them indistinguishable from the stands. I'll let the helmet decals slide, even though I don't like the cartoon knight on one side.

No matter what style/color the uniforms are there will always be critics. I’d be more worried about winning football games and so far ND has done a good job of that. Maybe the uniforms was for a change up who knows the boys need to keep playing one week at a time and keep there eye on the prize

No matter what style/color the uniforms are there will always be critics. I’d be more worried about winning football games and so far ND has done a good job of that. Maybe the uniforms was for a change up who knows the boys need to keep playing one week at a time and keep there eye on the prize
I'll agree with this statement. There are bigger things than uniforms.

It's just Wednesday before the game. Not much to talk about in this familiar matchup.

I'm happy to have an actual color in our uniforms. Ledford is as bland as you can get in the silver and black.

Reactions: Jfrog99
Bah for us fans our focus isn’t a concern. It’s the boys that need to concern themselves with more important things.

Go Knights, I hope we win by 35!!

I know a lot of folks won't agree, but I loved ND's uniforms back in the 1980's when Hinkle was coach. They were basically identical to what the Texas Longhorns wear except with ND orange instead of burnt orange. Solid white helmet with white face mask, orange interlocking ND on the sides of the helmet, orange jersey/white numbers for home games, solid white pants. Road uni's were white jersey, orange numbers, white pants. Just a clean, classic look. Now granted, there wasn't a lot of black on the uniform (the ND on the helmet was outlined in black, the white numbers on the orange jersey were outlined in black and the orange numbers on the white jersey were outlined in black) but I just loved that uniform. I'm no Texas fan, but I have always thought they have one of the best uniforms in college football.

Can Ledford get any push off the line of scrimmage this time? Will they come out four or five WRs and just try to throw, which was only marginally successful last time? Stephens being healthy will be key, he was out for a lot of the last game.

Our offensive line but has to block better this time. TJ got 200 yards last time but it wasn't because of his blocking.

Can Ledford get any push off the line of scrimmage this time? Will they come out four or five WRs and just try to throw, which was only marginally successful last time? Stephens being healthy will be key, he was out for a lot of the last game.

Our offensive line but has to block better this time. TJ got 200 yards last time but it wasn't because of his blocking.
There QB has a good arm. Shocked all year that they haven't thrown it more. TJ broke sooo many tackles to get the 200yds.

I believe the key is going to be getting pressure on Rogers, as I see Ledford throwing downfield more, in hopes of clearing some running room. Now do I think they will be successsful? If The Black Knight defense plays the norm, I would think not. As far as the ND Offense goes, seems going heavy on a mix of short, quick passes, and some downfield attempts out of the gate, would back Ledford's heavy rush off a bit. Also would believe dumping some screens would add some confusion. Their Defense was awfully aggressive 1st game, let's use that to our advantage! That said, I believe TJ will find some space created, give that Kid 3 yards, and points will not be a problem!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT