ADVERTISEMENT

No way East Surry is #2 in 2A

Just remember it goes by rpi.. They will not be tested until 3-4 round

Maiden Hendersonville Reidsville Salisbury hell even burns will wax that butt. That's ridiculous just shows you how frivolous and stupid this thing is

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
As a fan of northwest 1a football and Surry county athletics I wish the cards nothing but the best. I miss talking trash with there fan base on the 1a boards. Tarboro poster has it right . Cards are fundamentally solid , are they the team from a couple years back, NO. But Folger Boaz is the real deal, he has a set of wheels his brother didn’t have and a arm just as good. Cards will play till the 4th round and will upset one of the big 4. Wasn’t a fan of the cards a few years back but quite honestly coach lowman does a lot for the kids in pilot , the granite city as well in getting kids looked at and exposure. Good luck cards make us proud

East Surry is very good. MA is very good. Both would go as far as the other if the shoe was on the other foot. If East Surry were back in 1a and Mt.Airy was in 2a..you could just about say the roles would about be identically reversed as far as how far each team would have the potential to go in the playoffs.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I see both Monroe and Burns beating East Surry. Both have played daunting schedules compared to East Surry's. East hasn't faced any push back at all this year. How will they handle it?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Gotta remember this cards team might not have played the tough schedule this year , but make no mistake about it this coaching staff and players have been in some big time games. The schedule is what it is , but the players like Whitt, boaz and others have played on the big stage when it comes to the world of high school football

East Surry may now be a 2A but they have been in our community for ever and most of us are just football fans.
And I can tell everybody one thing for sure, I said back in mid season that Folger Boaz as a junior is better than his brother was as a junior!
Anybody that takes East Surry for granted is just kidding themselves. And those of us in Surry County should be extremely proud of two top programs just 8 miles apart.

East Surry may now be a 2A but they have been in our community for ever and most of us are just football fans.
And I can tell everybody one thing for sure, I said back in mid season that Folger Boaz as a junior is better than his brother was as a junior!
Anybody that takes East Surry for granted is just kidding themselves. And those of us in Surry County should be extremely proud of two top programs just 8 miles apart.
Great points! Just sounds like some old men can't let it go. They will never say anything good about another team. These two teams are the standard in NW NC. I think some fans are just upset that ES is the same seed as MA.

They deserve to be a 2 just a much as MA does. Both teams oblitererated their competition and you can only play who is on the schedule. ES has some heavy hitters to go through in the playoffs. Though ES is a good team, there are some GREAT teams in 2a that have been there and done that. Gonna be tough for ES as they go past rd 2.

They deserve to be a 2 just a much as MA does. Both teams oblitererated their competition and you can only play who is on the schedule. ES has some heavy hitters to go through in the playoffs. Though ES is a good team, there are some GREAT teams in 2a that have been there and done that. Gonna be tough for ES as they go past rd 2.
You have some great points. No doubt. But would we really want it any other way?
If Mt Airy or East Surry is fortunate enough to get to round 5, much less the Championship game, I would suggest the feeling of success is in direct proportion to the degree of difficulty.
Eat hardly Bears and fly high Cardinals!

Man, they are not even in the same classification as Mt Airy, so I really don't understand why you're even worried about their seeding. Sounds like they're still living rent free in a few Mt Airy fan's heads. Let Mt Airy do their thing in 1A and East Surry in 2A and whatever happens, happens. Don't get so caught up in it. Best of luck to both.

Maiden Hendersonville Reidsville Salisbury hell even burns will wax that butt. That's ridiculous just shows you how frivolous and stupid this thing is
Maiden, no offense to anyone, plays in a very weak conference. They struggle vs. any team that can pass. ES would beat Maiden by as many as they want to. But that is my opinion. I haven't seen R, Sal, or Burns to make that comment. But I do hope Maiden goes at least the 2nd round this time but not sure their conference did them any favors by preparing.

• Haha
Reactions: Illuminati704
True. True. Gotta beat everyone anyway. They are undefeated just as Reidsville is. They are 1-1 versus each other the last 2x they played. Anything can happen. Go Cards. Go Rams.

Folger Boaz is the real deal. But the rest of that team is pretty weak. If you ask me 2A and 3A brackets are a joke. Burns down as far as they are? Just took Selby to the wire. I'm amazed. 2A especially luckily East got put in a easy bracket. They're going to need it they should be out in the second round but not playing who they play. I'm amazed about that. I think Burns is the 11th seed and they would wear the pants off of east. No if and or butts about it. Look at 3A where you put Kings mountain as low as they are. And Pisgah gets a number 1. Holy cow I bet Crest beats Pisgah by 30 points. Anyway looks like 1A and 4A got it pretty correct. 2A and 3A a mess.

As a fan of northwest 1a football and Surry county athletics I wish the cards nothing but the best. I miss talking trash with there fan base on the 1a boards. Tarboro poster has it right . Cards are fundamentally solid , are they the team from a couple years back, NO. But Folger Boaz is the real deal, he has a set of wheels his brother didn’t have and a arm just as good. Cards will play till the 4th round and will upset one of the big 4. Wasn’t a fan of the cards a few years back but quite honestly coach lowman does a lot for the kids in pilot , the granite city as well in getting kids looked at and exposure. Good luck cards make us proud
He sure does. So much so that he applied for the South iredell job this summer. Not to mention that his quarterback's father railroaded the last coach. That nurtured them all the way up. Too bad South Stokes can't whip east sury's butt in the playoff. You are an idiot if you think they will beat burns

• Haha
Reactions: BigRedFan27
Maiden, no offense to anyone, plays in a very weak conference. They struggle vs. any team that can pass. ES would beat Maiden by as many as they want to. But that is my opinion. I haven't seen R, Sal, or Burns to make that comment. But I do hope Maiden goes at least the 2nd round this time but not sure their conference did them any favors by preparing.
None taken!

I have fond memories of playing at East Surry…I won my first 50-50 there…they had a great team that year as well!…#1 seed at the time…if I recall correctly.

“Rootin’ Tootin’” Newton and the West Lincoln “Johnny’s Rebs” are matched up in the 1st round against those Surry county boys.

Anxious to see how they fare!😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Dadof23
Gotta remember this cards team might not have played the tough schedule this year , but make no mistake about it this coaching staff and players have been in some big time games. The schedule is what it is , but the players like Whitt, boaz and others have played on the big stage when it comes to the world of high school football
ES is not better than Reidsville or Salisbury. RPI is joke!!!!!

Let it be proven on the field…it’s not a 7 games series where you have to beat a team 4 times,just be better than your opponent for 1 game,any team can have a bad game,combine that with injuries,turnovers and penalties

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Folger Boaz is the real deal. But the rest of that team is pretty weak. If you ask me 2A and 3A brackets are a joke. Burns down as far as they are? Just took Selby to the wire. I'm amazed. 2A especially luckily East got put in a easy bracket. They're going to need it they should be out in the second round but not playing who they play. I'm amazed about that. I think Burns is the 11th seed and they would wear the pants off of east. No if and or butts about it. Look at 3A where you put Kings mountain as low as they are. And Pisgah gets a number 1. Holy cow I bet Crest beats Pisgah by 30 points. Anyway looks like 1A and 4A got it pretty correct. 2A and 3A a mess.
Could be more examples but off top of my head notice that #6 Watauga & #9 Asheville was beaten by 1A schools Mitchell & Robbinsville. Don't know what to take from that but looks pretty good on the 1A.
As for as 2A & 3A they were done the same way as 1A & 4A and Kings Mtn yeah they probably better then several teams above them but is just a fact that some conferences are stronger then others but all the teams above them but they ether won their conference or their classification in their split conference and by rule seated first by their RPI then everyone by their RPI no one put Kings Mtn there but Kings Mtn buy losing they conference. I'm sure someone in 4A is upset that #1 ranked 9-1 Chambers is #10 & #6 ranked 9-1 Northern Guildford is #11 in the playoffs behind Watauga & Asheville.

How do you really know. I saw Salisbury earlier this year. They were super undisciplined..but beat Thomasville easily. East Surry is gonna score points on about anybody..The Qb and receivers are always on the same page. Not flashy or anything like the '19 team...but super efficient at what they do. I woudn't be surprised if they upset someone..but i do agree they aren't a 2 seed. Remember what WRH did to Reidsville in their first year of moving from 1a to 2a in the championship game..Anything can happen. But probably wont...LOL!

How do you really know. I saw Salisbury earlier this year. They were super undisciplined..but beat Thomasville easily. East Surry is gonna score points on about anybody..The Qb and receivers are always on the same page. Not flashy or anything like the '19 team...but super efficient at what they do. I woudn't be surprised if they upset someone..but i do agree they aren't a 2 seed. Remember what WRH did to Reidsville in their first year of moving from 1a to 2a in the championship game..Anything can happen. But probably wont...LOL!

They had javonte williams as well. That wrh team was really good and beat havelock also.

Mt.Airy fans would be ready to slap somebody if they were told that they didn't have a chance to win the ship...But most of them are steadily dismissing East Surry...Sure ES has a bigger hill to climb and against much better competition than anyone in 1a. But let's see? How many people really thought ES would've beaten Reidsville in '19? No one! Now remember Reidsville went on to win the 2a state championship. Now let's flip the script.How would Mt.Airy's team this year fair in 2a playoffs this year....since East Surry has no chance.....

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Mt.Airy fans would be ready to slap somebody if they were told that they didn't have a chance to win the ship...But most of them are steadily dismissing East Surry...Sure ES has a bigger hill to climb and against much better competition than anyone in 1a. But let's see? How many people really thought ES would've beaten Reidsville in '19? No one! Now remember Reidsville went on to win the 2a state championship. Now let's flip the script.How would Mt.Airy's team this year fair in 2a playoffs this year....since East Surry has no chance.....
I don't think either team wins the ship this year and I have already said it on some thread about one or both teams.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I think Mount airy is much better than East Surry. We have Boaz but that's about it. With his daddy on the sideline. That's ridiculous. But that kid is something special we're lucky to have him. I don't think we'll do it just cuz our fluffy coach. We got some good assistance but that guy's a joke. I guess it didn't want him for his old man's job. Anyway I do think Mount airy would do better in 2A than we will. They play defense.

Mt.Airy would get crushed in 2a as well. They have a great shot at the 1a title though.

Mt.Airy is very good...I have seen them in person...they are very good. But i suppose the standard for 1a in the MVAC and the Former NWC will and should be measured by the 2019 East Surry Squad...i guess thats why i didn't turn back flips when i saw Mt.Airy this year...even though they are really really good.

Mt.Airy deserves the #1 spot....you guys played 10 games...Eastern Randolph played 9...Why aren't you arguing about that Buzz? Good luck winning down there in Ramseur..now get off East Surry..and find something worthwhile to argue about like you guys being #1 instead of #2.

ES is not better than Reidsville or Salisbury. RPI is joke!!!!!
Im NOT saying ES is better the them or that there shouldn't be some tweaks to the RPI system but I'm just curious by what barometer are you going by that makes you think without a doubt that Reidsville and Salisbury are better? ES is 9-0 the teams they've played have an average winning percentage of 53% , Reidsville is 9-0 the teams they played have a average wp of 47% and Salisbury is 9-0 and the teams average wp is 41% they include one 0-8 team one 2 win team and three 1 win team and one of them only win was barely beating the 0-8 team so under what system should you be rewarded and ranked higher were you and another team are undefeated and your opponents average wp is 12% lower then another teams?
So looking at it in an unbiased way and you're making a system in high school football to rank teams what would it look like? You can't pay attention to pass glory's because they don't last and doesn't mean a schools football team is any good now or if bad that they haven't improved, it has to be a fresh start every year.
Before this there was complaining about MaxPreps and I'm sure there was whatever it was before that and now RPI. So what would be the perfect system that would make everyone happy? Like I said there are things I would tweak for sure but I guarantee if I was in charge and got my way by the end of the first season someone would whine that I cheated their team or ranked some team over some team that should have been the higher ranked one.

Folger Boaz is the real deal. But the rest of that team is pretty weak.
You’re crazy if you really think this. I’ve seen ES play twice this year and they have several kids who could play for anyone in 2A and a couple who could play for anyone in the state, regardless of classification. They have a QB that can do it all, an offensive lineman that is the best I’ve seen in a long time, a couple of great receivers, and two DL’s that are like lightning in a bottle.

ES is a very solid team who will be a tough out for anyone in the west including the ones mentioned above. Will they continue to win and advance? Time will tell, but I don’t see anyone running that team off the field in a blowout. They are well coached and have numerous studs on both sides of the ball. I find it funny that a MA fan started this thread. Anyway, good luck to all the schools from the foothills and northwest.

Now let’s get back to 1A football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT