ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs East Surry, then Surry Central

REWhitley

Sep 1, 2021
Had a few hours to think about the game last evening, and to watch the game again this morning via recording of My48 broadcast. I know, too much time on my hands.

Coach Adkins and staff are doing an outstanding job of playing the first half of games to not just win the game but to sharpen the multiple means of attack and to score. Different players, different sets, even to the point of limiting the amount of individuals playing both offense and defense all the time. Not quite platooning yet but close, especially the line play.

Eight players carried the ball, four scored at least once, one passing TD, the defense is playing lights out and for the 2nd game the opposing team was not able to score on the 2nd and 3rd team D. Again this week, the Bears had at least 3 one play possessions for touchdowns.

The My48 Reporter asked Coach Adkins about playing so many players and he responded that one of the main objectives was to get every player ready for the playoffs and keep everybody healthy if at all possible.

This is a team that is, as far as I can see, not just playing each game as it comes, they are playing each play as it comes.

Next week MA goes to winless 2A Surry Central, which will be the 3rd 2A team in a row, having lost to Alleghany and East Wilkes.

Reactions: gdawg74 and sbbbfan

Go Bears Athletics

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favorites · 40m ·

“Interesting Fact: after last nights win, Bears
🏈
has accumulated 779 overall wins in their 103 season history; of those wins 319 have been by shutout- that’s over 40% IMPRESSIVE! GO
🐻
(Thanks to Doug McDaniel for this tidbit)

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT