ADVERTISEMENT

New Bern vs. Charlotte Catholic Updates

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
Friday night, these two teams will go at it for their chance to be called champions.

Brian Barnes will be on site for this game providing updates on twitter, but our readers can also follow here for updates throughout the game.

It also gives everyone a chance to talk about the game here!

Check back throughout for anything involving this game.

New Bern drove deep into Charlotte Catholics territory and had a holding penalty called on them to make it 4th and 23 on Charlotte Catholics 25. Mike Hughes threw and interception and returned it to the nB 48.

End of 1st quarter

New Bern 0 Charlotte Catholic 0

New Bern had two long drives in that quarter but wasn't able to score any points.. That really hurts them and we shall see if it hurts them later.

Charlotte Catholic only had 6 plays in the first quarter.

One yard rushing touchdown for the first score of the game in the 2nd quarter.

New Bern goes up 7-0 on a 1 yard rushing TD by DJ howard.

Catholic playing as though they have no confidence in their offense giving much momentum to New Bern

Intentinal grounding on Charlotte Catholic in the endzone..

Makes 9-0 New Bern in the 2nd quarter

shouldn't that have been a td for new bern, ineligible player caught the ball then he literally just threw it down before being tackled, new bern awarded safety........

New Bern has been dominate on defense as seen above..

Mike Hughes was able to throw a bulet to Brennen Soileau for a 37 yard TD before halftime.

Half: 16-0 New Bern

The story of the game so far is the defensive front for New Bern. They've been lights out...very impressive!

Over the years, when Catholic can't get a push with their oline, they're usually in deep doo doo. They've thrown it around better this season than in years past, but that was with the oline being able to hold their pass blocks, which they've not been able to do tonight.

Catholic's offense needs to junk that bunched up power formation they spent the entire first half in and get some New Bern defenders out of the box, or the second half is going to be a repeat of the first half. New Bern is too strong in the middle of their D for that formation to work.

This post was edited on 12/12 8:44 PM by hokiemtc

Charlotte Catholic has done a nice job limiting Mike Hughes, as he only has 60 yards rushing and 73 yards passing in this game so far.

It is all about defense in this one.

Mike Hughes hits Rasheed McCoy for a 60 yard touchdown, to push the lead for New Bern to 23-7 with seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

Just tried to check the online stream and the page loaded and the video started up. But then it freezes for long periods. Rarely see any movement. And then only for a second and it freezes up again.

Just my computer or anyone else having the same issue???

Absolutely horrific stream.... I have great internet and its just exactly as you posted No Dog.... I finally shut it off... Looks like NB gonna win 23-15

I watched the whole game with no issues. I have suddenlink internet. Congrats to New Bern. Catholic gave them a good game though it was fun to watch. Mike Hughes looked good with the NC State wristbands on! :)

Congratulations New Bern on your victory-quite a team and program you have

Streams worked pretty good for me in the first half in both games. 2nd half, both streams stunk. I switched to TV and watched UTChat at UNH in 1AA nee' FCS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT