ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park at Richmond

When home side is full they will mozy on over to visitors side. Heck half of the away games we have to either stand or sit on home side.

The ones on the visitor side go over there to begin with that's where they normally sit every game.

standings.jpg

Whoever wants this game the most will win. On paper MP is better they are averaging 51 points a game and only giving up 8
Richmond on the other hand is hungry
They are averaging 44 points a game and giving up 11
I say whoever makes the fewest mistakes will win
Go Raiders
MP should be hungry as they’ve never won a state title.

Well Richmond is hungry for that 8th state championship . Also to prove a point that they can win state championship again that they are not the team of the past . Question and believe me when I say this I am not trying to be smart or mad at all just curious if Charlotte didn’t have open enrollment how good would them Charlotte teams be ?

Well Richmond is hungry for that 8th state championship . Also to prove a point that they can win state championship again that they are not the team of the past . Question and believe me when I say this I am not trying to be smart or mad at all just curious if Charlotte didn’t have open enrollment how good would them Charlotte teams be ?

There is no open enrollment in Charlotte.

Not from what I am hearing from many people they say that how y’all can get these players from all over the place

What is the hangup some Raider fans have with Charlotte? Forget Charlotte and focus on whatever opponent is in front of you. That’s what the problem is I’m thinking. Even a couple of years ago when North Meck came down and knocked you out of the playoffs. The Meck teams come in to nail the next opponent, no matter who it is. Some Raider fans concern themselves with Charlotte. Last week when even Hough gave you a run, some Raider fans on here said the Raiders were “a little off”. Were they “a little off”? Really? Or was it they played a relative tough Charlotte opponent with songs of Meck County in their heads? How’s all that worked out for you so far? Just askin.

Since we clear that up let me ask it a different away . If some of these Charlotte teams could not get these good players to transfer to their school would they still be good or average . Let me add the only two schools I am always hearing that is doing this is MC & MP , butler I use to but not now

Not from what I am hearing from many people they say that how y’all can get these players from all over the place

You have inaccurate information. A player would have to move to and establish residency in the new school district just like they would if they moved from Scotland to Richmond.

If Richmond wins or loses on Friday it will have nothing to do with some sort of advantage.

Since we clear that up let me ask it a different away . If some of these Charlotte teams could not get these good players to transfer to their school would they still be good or average . Let me add the only two schools I am always hearing that is doing this is MC & MP , butler I use to but not now

The opposite is also true. Your good players can and do move to other schools as well. There are advantages in a major metropolitan area and also advantages to having a one HS county.

Mr Honda
Since you are preferring to my comment . Let me explain myself I have been to every Richmond game this year and each game they have gotten better as they should be , also if you will go back to probably the very first game Richmond played I did question if they were the team to beat that they had mistakes to clean up and stop the penalties .
When the game change for Richmond during the pinecrest game the penalties got less so did the mistakes each game . Now last week game as I quoted Richmond had maybe 3 penalties going into the 3rd quarter then I stop counting after 10 them mistakes will hurt you that’s why I said something was off with them . We are not worried about Charlotte by all means I was just asking a question, and if any song is in our head it is this God country

@Blue and Gold22
Okay thank you for you information and for having thick skin and not taking it to the heart and get all caught up in your feelings. I don’t come on here trying to start arguments that’s why I try to avoid them . But there is always that one

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
That’s because they’re the main ones along with Vance. It’s a drop off between these teams and most of the others in the Charlotte area. After those teams, there’s still plenty of average and below average teams in Charlotte.

To be honest I have never heard that about Vance . I always knew Vance would & had a good team even when they played Richmond they were a team not to play with. In my opinion they should have a few trophies in their case but that’s my opinion

Mr Honda
Since you are preferring to my comment . Let me explain myself I have been to every Richmond game this year and each game they have gotten better as they should be , also if you will go back to probably the very first game Richmond played I did question if they were the team to beat that they had mistakes to clean up and stop the penalties .
When the game change for Richmond during the pinecrest game the penalties got less so did the mistakes each game . Now last week game as I quoted Richmond had maybe 3 penalties going into the 3rd quarter then I stop counting after 10 them mistakes will hurt you that’s why I said something was off with them . We are not worried about Charlotte by all means I was just asking a question, and if any song is in our head it is this God country
Gotcha

To be honest I have never heard that about Vance . I always knew Vance would & had a good team even when they played Richmond they were a team not to play with. In my opinion they should have a few trophies in their case but that’s my opinion

All schools get transfers and lose transfers. Some more than others but you really only hear about the high profile programs. Families move both into the city and around the city for various reasons.

Here's a short article talking about population growth and the fastest growing cities. I'm in real estate and I can tell u flat out the 28213 , 28269, 28031 zip codes are the hottest zip codes in Charlotte. With growth families move in. I live in a 4br 2.5 bath that I paid 150 now Its worth 250k+..if I would have bought that same house in south Charlotte it would have been 400k+. So u guys looking at why Vance, MC, and Hough get so many transfers it's this. Families going where they can move, live in a city and get more. I'm sure if u did the numbers for Raleigh u would see that the Wake Forest area would be the same

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2019/subcounty-population-estimates.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
Here's a short article talking about population growth and the fastest growing cities. I'm in real estate and I can tell u flat out the 28213 , 28269, 28031 zip codes are the hottest zip codes in Charlotte. With growth families move in. I live in a 4br 2.5 bath that I paid 150k back in 2010. Its worth 250k+ now...if I would have bought that same house in south Charlotte it would have been 400k+. So u guys looking at why Vance, MC, and Hough get so many transfers it's this. Families going where they can move, live in a city and get more. I'm sure if u did the numbers for Raleigh u would see that the Wake Forest area would be the same

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2019/subcounty-population-estimates.html
Fyi Charlotte is top 5

About the weather Friday: High 57 Lows 38
I hope everyone wraps up.
Might want to get there as early as 5pm maybe 4:30

What is the hangup some Raider fans have with Charlotte? Forget Charlotte and focus on whatever opponent is in front of you. That’s what the problem is I’m thinking. Even a couple of years ago when North Meck came down and knocked you out of the playoffs. The Meck teams come in to nail the next opponent, no matter who it is. Some Raider fans concern themselves with Charlotte. Last week when even Hough gave you a run, some Raider fans on here said the Raiders were “a little off”. Were they “a little off”? Really? Or was it they played a relative tough Charlotte opponent with songs of Meck County in their heads? How’s all that worked out for you so far? Just askin.

Ignorant... lol

Perfect example of another troll post. Mr.Honda scolding another fanbase telling them what they should be concerned with...LMAO. Of course as a troll he has no actual skin in the game. He only exists to chastise others. One week its Forsyth county, then its Mallard Creek, now its Richmond.

We all appreciate your advice..:)

Reactions: TarheelRaider
Covington became the success for Richmond since he ran 12 for 202 yards on the last game against Hough. The difference was when he ran that 95 yard touchdown late in the third.

Muhammad received 7 passes last game for a total of 189 yards which was much of the reason for Myers Park win over Ardrey Kell

@704CougarsDad
They are saying they are excepting a 8k crowd if and only if them 8k people each donate a toy that will be alot toys for the little ones . I wish they would do a food drive to for these families to be able to have food not just here in Richmond county but everywhere .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT