ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park at Richmond

Covington became the success for Richmond since he ran 12 for 202 yards on the last game against Hough. The difference was when he ran that 95 yard touchdown late in the third.

Muhammad received 7 passes last game for a total of 189 yards which was much of the reason for Myers Park win over Ardrey Kell
99 yards not 95!!!

Reactions: S2V2
@704CougarsDad
They are saying they are excepting a 8k crowd if and only if them 8k people each donate a toy that will be alot toys for the little ones . I wish they would do a food drive to for these families to be able to have food not just here in Richmond county but everywhere .
I hope you get all 8k, but from experience with anything in life you will never get them all. Expect 2-10% of the 8k to donate.

Though this is a special occasion for kids and a great cause, it might end up a bit on a higher scale. Best wishes.

I know many disagree but I’m big on mindset. In fact I think proper strategy, technique, game plan, etc. is around 20% of what makes success and 80% or so is mindset. I believe if Myers Park gets up a couple of scores (which seams unlikely to most, but very well could happen), game is about over. Last year will be in RC heads. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I know many disagree but I’m big on mindset. In fact I think proper strategy, technique, game plan, etc. is around 20% of what makes success and 80% or so is mindset. I believe if Myers Park gets up a couple of scores (which seams unlikely to most, but very well could happen), game is about over. Last year will be in RC heads. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Mr Honda is the "yeah but" guy. I had a buddy that was like that, everyone could b having fun doing something he would come in and say something that would totally mess up the mood lol. It's cool u need that person to keep everything level headed.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
@S2V2
The truth is you are right people no longer really donated for a good cause anymore for the many reasons
1) can not afford it and they are wondering how they are going to get stuff for their own kids
2) trust issues not everything or everyone who say it is for a good reason is true you have a lot of people pretending for their habits or to lazy to work
3) some people just don’t care they don’t have heart
Here a few years ago a article was writing in the daily journal how some of the high school kids only get to eat at school and how they were trying to come up with a program were they can take a bag of food home with them where they can eat at night , that night when I went home and eat I felt bad I could not get the thoughts out of my head wondering how many kids are going to bed hungry . Sure this is going on everywhere everyday but nobody pays attention til it hits home . Anyways happy thanksgiving to all

Last edited:
Reactions: S2V2
So question for the Raider fans. I see where there are several spots in town pre-selling tickets. If I hit town 3-3:30 on Friday would I be able to pick up tickets there?

So question for the Raider fans. I see where there are several spots in town pre-selling tickets. If I hit town 3-3:30 on Friday would I be able to pick up tickets there?
Doubtful. Those places have to turn in the money and tickets. Tickets will still be sold at the gate.

Mr Honda is the "yeah but" guy. I had a buddy that was like that, everyone could b having fun doing something he would come in and say something that would totally mess up the mood lol. It's cool u need that person to keep everything level headed.
I don’t have a right to offer an opinion, right or wrong? Is it only a select club of former coaches, players and others who are allowed to give opinions? Or does one have to have been born and bred in N.C. in order to be able to express an opinion on here? I’ve seen how some of you guys get on here and trash talk
worse than I’d think of doing. Yet that’s excepted. But I say one thing like I did here, which I believe is true and I get the remark 704 made. Sorry to vent. I’ve only been N.C. since 2009. I guess haven’t earned passage into the club. I get it. Nevertheless, everyone have a happy Thanksgiving and good luck to all on Friday. Even you 704.

I don’t have a right to offer an opinion, right or wrong? Is it only a select club of former coaches, players and others who are allowed to give opinions? Or does one have to have been born and bred in N.C. in order to be able to express an opinion on here? I’ve seen how some of you guys get on here and trash talk
worse than I’d think of doing. Yet that’s excepted. But I say one thing like I did here, which I believe is true and I get the remark 704 made. Sorry to vent. I’ve only been N.C. since 2009. I guess haven’t earned passage into the club. I get it. Nevertheless, everyone have a happy Thanksgiving and good luck to all on Friday. Even you 704.
Oh no man nothing truly bothers me or makes me mad on here...a few trolls baffles me but I know its jus banter and some never ever played or sniffed a football field so they relive their HS yrs dreams of playing football on here, its cool. I initially came on here to jus get a feel for other areas and schools but some people jus take this HS football thing overboard. With me being at Vance a lot of kids come from hard environments so it pleases me to help and influence a kid or 2 to change their family lineage by getting an opportunity to go 2 college. I guess in the end some dont realize that's all that really matters. I know u work hard at what u do, keep it up my friend.

@S2V2
The truth is you are people no longer really donated for a good cause anymore for the many reasons
1) can not afford it and they are wondering how they are going to get stuff for their own kids
2) trust issues not everything or everyone who say it is for a good reason is true you have a lot of people pretending for their habits or to lazy to work
3) some people just don’t care they don’t have heart
Here a few years ago a article was writing in the daily journal how some of the high school kids only get to eat at school and how they were trying to come up with a program were they can take a bag of food home with them where they can eat at night , that night when I went home and eat I felt bad I could not get the thoughts out of my head wondering how many kids are going to bed hungry . Sure this is going on everywhere everyday but nobody pays attention til it hits home . Anyways happy thanksgiving to all
1. Honestly people can afford it, but sometimes they do not completely understand the importance of the message or the cause. Trust me they have it. No donation is too small. No donation is greater than another. Anyone can give a $1 or $500. Its about who you know.

2. When donation is involved, there must always be a trust connection between the one giving and the one receiving. Here is the issue, today's people believe in receiving something back if they are going to give. I have never believed in that mindset because helping kids should never be overlooked. It's sad but people want something in return if money is going from their pocket and into another one.

3. I have seen high school kids work harder than their parents in after school jobs just so they could make ends meet. Life is about choices and the choices one makes will either make them or break them. You either want it or you will struggle. I do know there are Churches out there that will have volunteers feed people but just dont know how late they stay. Is there such a program out there for such situations?

Hometown, you were fighting a losing battle there for awhile...lol... good recovery. About giving and donations...I think that honestly, the American people are very wasteful and nobody should be without... I give and donate and even have a local donation program of my own every Christmas...that's still good... question??? Does anyone know the actual number on Covingtons run Friday? I've heard 95, 98, and 99. The ball had been spotted on the 1.5 yard. Line. Just curious. Comment... 4 weeks ago Mr. Honda, you picked Richmond outright to win it all... Now it's the Park by for... no big deal,, I'm sure Richmond is ready...or they will be... We know what we're going up against. Our 11 against their 11...a game of numbers that Richmond will win by more than 7... Last but most of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone... support your team Friday night...if they're still playing...oh yea...GO RAIDERS!!!

Well based on what I see purely from highlights and film without the intangibles MP should win this game by 21+. Now you do have the intangibles which over the years at Richmond have been large. I just don’t think RC can get pressure with 4/5 and if that is the case Maye is going to have a field day. Saw the kid at Hough as a Frosh and said then he would be one of the best in Meck County couple that with Rooks & Muhammad and it’s going to be very difficult. Greiner on the Observer spoke about the lack of scheme in the secondary and everyone went nuts....Well he might be a prophet on this one.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
@S2V2
True as far as churches yes they are churches who do food banks but again there are people who take advantage of these things I got to be honest on that . @Ben-Badd you are correct also I just have heart for kids and as far as Covington run it was either 98 or 99 I have not heard 95 expect on here but judging by the video 98 in half
Go Raiders

Well tell them where Poppa28345, I really don't know where to get a ticket after school hours. There ain't no school Friday so...I dunno.

Family pharmacy is on US1 north you will go right past it on the way to the school. It's next to the food Lion they sell tickets I'm not sure when they stop.

@S2V2
True as far as churches yes they are churches who do food banks but again there are people who take advantage of these things I got to be honest on that . @Ben-Badd you are correct also I just have heart for kids and as far as Covington run it was either 98 or 99 I have not heard 95 expect on here but judging by the video 98 in half
Go Raiders
Too many people take advantage of many things in life - it is truly sad

B&G get a ticket and if you can’t find a seat you can sit with me in the reserved seats on the Raiders side with us.

B&G get a ticket and if you can’t find a seat you can sit with me in the reserved seats on the Raiders side with us.

Thanks Tarheel. The plan is to be rolling out of town by no later than 2:00 see if I can hit a spot locally to grab a ticket ( tickets if my son comes) and then find a spot for a beer and some grub. Be at the school by 5:00-5:30 ish.

@Blue and Gold22
If you going to get you something eat here. I recommend pattan they are famous for their bbq which is awesome also today they have flounder you can pick between the two along with a few other choices .
The things is online when I went to look for the phone it said they could be closed for Black Friday which I doubt it . But here is the phone number if you like to call
910-895-8080 they open up at 11

Thanks Tarheel. The plan is to be rolling out of town by no later than 2:00 see if I can hit a spot locally to grab a ticket ( tickets if my son comes) and then find a spot for a beer and some grub. Be at the school by 5:00-5:30 ish.

Hudson Bros Deli downtown has what ur lookin for...

Before today’s game begins:
Book of Proverbs, 16:18, Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. ... Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Reactions: Hometown16
@Blue and Gold22
Tickets are sold out at both pharmacies here . I don’t know if there is any others places you has them but chances are you will have to get them at the gate

GO RAIDERS... Let's go beat this SEMI PRO team...they ain't played nobody close to what they up again tonight.

I wonder if they ever had a Stampede Runnin back through Charlotte at midnight after a good slaughter...lol GO RAIDERS...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT