ADVERTISEMENT

Bank of America Stadium Aug 22 2024

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
On Aug 22 at Bank of America Stadium will feature 2 games

4pm Myers Park vs Independence
8pm Weddington vs Providence Day

Tickets $8 According to article tickets go on sale Tuesday at 12pm

Also according to the article “each team selected a celebrity captain for 2 ceremonial coin tosses..”
To name one is Hakeen Nicks to represent Independence.

Last edited:
for recruiting purposes.
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Sheesh, two recruiting giants going head to head. Winner will get first pick in next years best prospect for their roster.

I find it funny that recruiting always comes up. I am a public school proponent through and through. I think as public parents and coaches we need to think about something. If a kid and parents want to go through the process of applying, testing, and paying to leave the public school they are attending, getting a free education, who is the real problem? I know it is hard for us to look in the mirror, but come on. My kid asked me years ago to look into it, and to be honest, the process was too time consuming and the admission would have come to late at Country Day. Have we ever looked at what it takes to even get in any of the Charlotte privates. I just think the schools that continue to lose kid to privates may need to look in the mirror.

I understand there was a question posed at the press conference concerning private school NIL. This is amusing to me, as from what I understand, the person that asked it is housing kids that go to a public school in Union County. Would this not be considered NIL? I mean, free tuition at the public high school, but housing and a meal plan? Sounds like NIL to me...
How exactly do you think what he is doing NIL? Do you really think this man has them on a housing and meal plan? Come on. Get your facts straight.

Also according to the article “each team selected a celebrity captain for 2 ceremonial coin tosses..”
If the 4pm game is close, I expect the team with the deepest bench will win. Afternoon high school games in August are notorious for a lot of dehydration and cramping.

I guess I might as well say the same thing for the 8pm game, as playing conditions may not be enough better to matter.

Might be a long night for Weddington. Will they play Dutch Fork or Butler?

Might be a long night for Weddington. Will they play Dutch Fork or Butler?
Im unsure of Weddington 2024 non-conference schedule. I know they played Butler and Dutch Fork last year. I know Dutch Fork will be lot better this year. And perhaps Butler will be even better this year as well.

I would have rather seen Weddington vs Powerhouse team in S.C. like Dutch Fork for this event.

How exactly do you think what he is doing NIL? Do you really think this man has them on a housing and meal plan? Come on. Get your facts straight.
Well in the receiver from last year’s case, yes he had him on a housing and meal plan. Keenan came from a very good household that he had lived in for many years. He moved into TD’s pool house so that he could attend and play football for Weddington. Does that happen for all of them, not sure?!?

Well there are no apartments in Weddington, so that can’t be the case. If a athlete legitimately moves into a school district and the county approves it, what is fishy about that?
You don’t need apartments when players’ parents sign over parental rights to a former NFL player who lives in the Weddington zone.

Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT