ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park at Richmond

Richmond will have to get constant pressure on Maye or he will pick them apart on the short and intermediate throws. Myers Park runs bunch formations out of the shotgun and probably will confuse DB’s some. From what I’ve seen Maye is just as good against zone as he is man to man. Don’t know if he’s accurate on the deep ball though. One things for sure you’ve got to get disrupt him or it’s gonna be a long night playing catch up ball. Richmond offense better be ready to play. If both offenses are on this could be a barn burner!

Last edited:
Reactions: S2V2
Richmond will have to get constant pressure on Maye or he will pick them apart on the short and intermediate throws. Myers Park runs bunch formations out of the shotgun and probably will confuse DB’s some. From what I’ve seen Maye is just as good against zone as he is man to man. Don’t know if he’s accurate on the deep ball though. One things for sure you’ve got to get disrupt him or it’s gonna be a long night playing catch up ball. Richmond offense better be ready to play. If both offenses are on this could be a barn burner!
Richmond wins this game and they will become the Champion. MP wins and they will own the front pages the rest of the way and become the new Charlotte

Richmond wins this game and they will become the Champion. MP wins and they will own the front pages the rest of the way and become the new Charlotte
Ur already to late fanboy they're already the media darlings here, if u actually go to a game u would know that.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
If Richmond plays against mp like they did with Scotland but better Richmond will win.
If they play mp like they did against hough they will lose .
Richmond can not let mp get inside their heads like last year they already know mp will come out disrespectful like they did last year . If Richmond does the following
Keep emotions in check
Don’t make unnecessary costly penalties
And play smash mouth football
They will win
This games does worry me a little because of last year a lot fans have not forgot how they came out disrespectful and if they act like that again it could get ugly

If Richmond plays against mp like they did with Scotland but better Richmond will win.
Richmond can not let mp get inside their heads like last year they already know mp will come out disrespectful like they did last year . If Richmond does the following
Keep emotions in check
They will win
This games does worry me a little because of last year a lot fans have not forgot how they came out disrespectful and if they act like that again it could get ugly
I was there when MP came out and I didn't notice anything that was disrespectful at all.

I can't speak for pregame, but I can speak for a good number of MP fans running through the parking lot antagonizing Raider fans walking to their cars. Classless.
Yeah their students running through the parking lot a fight broke out. I seen one break a Raider flag off someone's car. I didn't notice anything pre game. Cops got involved in the parking lot.

Yeah their students running through the parking lot a fight broke out. I seen one break a Raider flag off someone's car. I didn't notice anything pre game. Cops got involved in the parking lot.
But yet the 1st MC/Vance game some students in the stands...nowhere near the field..get into an altercation and we are labeled. Like I said stuff gets either magnified or brushed off depending on the hue of the color of the person smh.

I wasn’t there when it happen b/c I was late getting there , but heard it on the radio & one of the Richmond video where they came out disrespectful , also the guy from the radio Friday night when I was listening for game score from other teams was talking about what they done last year. Also after the game something happen during the hand shake b/c the report had say move on now I do not know what happen there , plus you had all the mess in the parking lot ....
but I agree nothing happen

Both teams just need to play a clean game and both teams & fans need to show each other respect they both are great teams no need to for anyone to disrespect each other . Heck one day these kids maybe teammates somewhere

Reactions: Raider7967
I can't speak for pregame, but I can speak for a good number of MP fans running through the parking lot antagonizing Raider fans walking to their cars. Classless.

I have been going to games at Richmond for thirty years. Some time I am on the home side but since I mostly go to the bigger games the seats are limited. Most of the time I set top row as close to midfield I can get on the visitor side. Sometime, in the box up top. If you want to see antagonizing that is where it is at! When Richmond is winning or doing good the amount of smack talk and aggressive behavior is ridiculous. When they start getting rolled, the fans start leaving.

As I always say / write, "Richmond County has the best fans...Richmond County has the worst fans."

Reactions: RD28327 and Crr1968
But yet the 1st MC/Vance game some students in the stands...nowhere near the field..get into an altercation and we are labeled. Like I said stuff gets either magnified or brushed off depending on the hue of the color of the person smh.

I was right beside that. The people directly involved deserved to get "labeled." People not involved do not.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I was right beside that. The people directly involved deserved to get "labeled." People not involved do not.
And that's my point theres idiots everywhere...but when it happens here...."well u know how VANCE is", but none is said about like u mentioned earlier.

I will agree with you on that 100%
Richmond has good & bad & and we have a lot of fans who think they are coaches . Going into last week game against Hough judging by some not all the raider fans we have lost the game before it started

Also the ones you are talking about half of them are then fans that are coaches , but I also like to think of them as they are the ones Kenny Chesney song about in The boys of falls

I have been going to games at Richmond for thirty years. Some time I am on the home side but since I mostly go to the bigger games the seats are limited. Most of the time I set top row as close to midfield I can get on the visitor side. Sometime, in the box up top. If you want to see antagonizing that is where it is at! When Richmond is winning or doing good the amount of smack talk and aggressive behavior is ridiculous. When they start getting rolled, the fans start leaving.

As I always say / write, "Richmond County has the best fans...Richmond County has the worst fans."

I get it. Imagine playing at RC. Some fans forgot that we were literally children playing a game.

Reactions: Crr1968

TRUTH

Keep emotions in check
They will win

No disrespect to Scotland but how Richmond played against them will have zero impact on this game. Entirely different animal especially on offense. I think it will be important for Richmond to get off to a good start and be able to dictate the pace and flow of the game. I am 100% certain that Chadwick will come out aggressive and push the ball down the field.

Richmond wants to make this an ugly 4 quarter ssf slugfest as MP has not played a game like that this year.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I wasn’t there when it happen b/c I was late getting there , but heard it on the radio & one of the Richmond video where they came out disrespectful , also the guy from the radio Friday night when I was listening for game score from other teams was talking about what they done last year. Also after the game something happen during the hand shake b/c the report had say move on now I do not know what happen there , plus you had all the mess in the parking lot ....
but I agree nothing happen

What exactly does " come out disrespectful " mean?

I played for Anson in the mid 80’s and lived in the Anson-Richmond area until 2008. I can tell you the whole county is Raider Country and when they are dominate, like this year, MOST of their fans are arrogant. And when they lose, those same fans like to blame the officials. They remind me a lot like Tar Heel basketball fans. It is easy to root against the Raiders.

Reactions: hkypackbacker
Keep emotions in check
They will win

We had 4 losses going into the playoffs in 2008... we got hot and confident at the right time and won it all ... on paper, we wasn’t the best team ... but don’t underestimate confidence in high school football ...

Hough dropped 40 on Vance defense, shut out Olympic, and came here expecting to win ... And they were the best team we played so far .. give them credit... now let’s see if we can beat another confident team

We had 4 losses going into the playoffs in 2008... we got hot and confident at the right time and won it all ... on paper, we wasn’t the best team.

Also, got healthy and grasped the offense fully. Three losses to really good teams (!) and a tie. Except for Byrd loss the other two were really close games. The improvement from first game to last was phenomenal. Great coaching job by Hoggard and staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raider7967
I played for Anson in the mid 80’s and lived in the Anson-Richmond area until 2008. I can tell you the whole county is Raider Country and when they are dominate, like this year, MOST of their fans are arrogant. And when they lose, those same fans like to blame the officials. They remind me a lot like Tar Heel basketball fans. It is easy to root against the Raiders.
I’m also a Anson graduate Class of 01. I’ve said for years that Richmond has a group of fans that live on a different planet. For the most part they are good folks, but that particular group tarnishes their reputation.

Reactions: RD28327 and Crr1968
I’m also a Anson graduate Class of 01. I’ve said for years that Richmond has a group of fans that live on a different planet. For the most part they are good folks, but that particular group tarnishes their reputation.
Absolutely! But Richmond has always had great athletes and it’s easy to see why they’re so confident.

Last edited:
We had 4 losses going into the playoffs in 2008... we got hot and confident at the right time and won it all ... on paper, we wasn’t the best team ...

I wouldn't say YOU won it all....if memory serves me right Jack Britt basically gave you the title in 2008.

The magic is gone in the all-county program....has been for a while, and it doesn't come back this year. Myers Park should win this going away. Who has RC played? Hough gave them a game and they were sub par this year. Myers Park will be too much for them.

The magic is gone in the all-county program....has been for a while, and it doesn't come back this year. Myers Park should win this going away. Who has RC played? Hough gave them a game and they were sub par this year. Myers Park will be too much for them.

Crawl back under your 2A rock troll

Reactions: Ben-Badd
@raiderman2001
I agree Hough has been the best team we played all year . I never said they were bad matter of fact after the game I commented on the players who stood out to me #3 , #5 , # 30 and the 9th qb # 14 . I feel like if them players are coming back next year for hough they are going to be the team to beat . But I also will say something was off with Richmond that night maybe it was the bye week or thinking ahead and plus the second half of the game Richmond did get a lot of penalties that they have clean up during the season. I think I counted they may have gotten 3 in the first half and by the medium of the 3rd quarter it was up to 10 penalties then I stopped counting , that will hurt you in game against a good opponent giving them 5 plus yards here and there . I am no coach at all and if I was I would lose every game so I am not going to come on here acting like I know everything about football and being a coach

@raiderman2001
I agree Hough has been the best team we played all year . I never said they were bad matter of fact after the game I commented on the players who stood out to me #3 , #5 , # 30 and the 9th qb # 14 . I feel like if them players are coming back next year for hough they are going to be the team to beat . But I also will say something was off with Richmond that night maybe it was the bye week or thinking ahead and plus the second half of the game Richmond did get a lot of penalties that they have clean up during the season. I think I counted they may have gotten 3 in the first half and by the medium of the 3rd quarter it was up to 10 penalties then I stopped counting , that will hurt you in game against a good opponent giving them 5 plus yards here and there . I am no coach at all and if I was I would lose every game so I am not going to come on here acting like I know everything about football and being a coach

Think that is probably fair but it's also worth mentioning that Hough was missing their starting QB and starting MLB.

In general I think these bye weeks cause issues.

Well I don’t know how good their starting QB is but that # 14 being a 9th grader is very good . I hope he has good grades and attitude because if he does he will get a lot of D1 offers he is good very good

Well I don’t know how good their starting QB is but that # 14 being a 9th grader is very good . I hope he has good grades and attitude because if he does he will get a lot of D1 offers he is good very good

Already offered by NC state and he will be a stud but there is a reason he didn't start all year. Ocean is not a great thrower but has great wheels. A little like a smaller less talented Hood.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT