ADVERTISEMENT

My top 4 now...West

My top 4 in the West: Thomasville, North Rowan, Draughn, and Mountain Heritage.
The Top 4 to pull a major upset somewhere along the way.

Reactions: thekidd12
Calhoun will continue what he did to Starmount again this year.

You know ? Rory Calhoun: Hollywood's Rugged Cowboy
th

Totally different Rams team. We have a Calhoun as well who would love to hit him. The big Nasty. He wasn't on the team last year. This Rams team may lose but you will know that you've been in one HELLUVA fight. They're still in my 4th spot.

I like that type of football it would be a good game between us maybe we will get to see it
I would love to see it too. This Ram team has a toughness to them similar to the SMC teams. Sometimes they take it a little too far lol but I will take that any day over the lackadaisical play that we've had in recent years. The SMC and hardnosed physical football go hand in hand and I would hope that we would match it.

I would love to see it too. This Ram team has a toughness to them similar to the SMC teams. Sometimes they take it a little too far lol but I will take that any day over the lackadaisical play that we've had in recent years. The SMC and hardnosed physical football go hand in hand and I would hope that we would match it.
Starmount would finish last in SMC. It’s easy to look good in the weakest conference in NC. Mt Airy is the only really good team.

I’ve said all year they have a brand new attitude and I love it. Yes wish we would cut back on the penalties but like you said I’ll take the kids that have fight all day long

Got hurt very first scrimmage broke his ankle. Very sad had to have surgery, but he’s on a good come back road right now and actually might get to play if starmount gets deep enough. You won’t meet a better young man
Talking Williams for Robbinsville who is committed to App St for wrestling. Really good athlete.

Tville has been awful quiet, how have they responded since losing to NR?
I will not brag, say they are a top team or claim they are what they were in the early to mid 2000's. At 5-3 and deserved due to turnovers I will not go there. IMO "most" 1A ranked teams would not play RPI top 5 2A's Randleman 8-0 and Salisbury 9-0 or 1A top five N Rowan 7-1 without losing a game or three (strictly IMO). I believe the Dogs will be a hard fought game for anyone come playoff time with that defense, offensive explosiveness and strong special teams play.

Since the Salisbury and NR loss they have Won 47-0 and 48-2 with running clocks and the starters watching from the sidelines by the 3rd quarter. State wide all 1A teams combined the top defensive team is MA allowing 22 points. Thomasville is #2 at 62. 14 of those are a pick six, scoop and score and safety. Scoring 29 per game and allowing 7.75 overall. Bulldog fans have touted the defense this season and the Dogs have proven against really good teams that they are hard to score on. Offense is improved and can score very quickly and the special teams are as good as anyones with excellent coverage and scoring 5+ TD's on returns, blocking several punts, extra points and FG's. Lots of information but I like to present as much factual evidence as I can and not "project" too much. Two weeks to go and I hope the Dogs do not mess up and lose so we can finish 7-3 and be an RPI top 10 allowing for a good playoff seed and go see what happens in November.

Go Dogs!

I will not brag, say they are a top team or claim they are what they were in the early to mid 2000's. At 5-3 and deserved due to turnovers I will not go there. IMO "most" 1A ranked teams would not play RPI top 5 2A's Randleman 8-0 and Salisbury 9-0 or 1A top five N Rowan 7-1 without losing a game or three (strictly IMO). I believe the Dogs will be a hard fought game for anyone come playoff time with that defense, offensive explosiveness and strong special teams play.

Since the Salisbury and NR loss they have Won 47-0 and 48-2 with running clocks and the starters watching from the sidelines by the 3rd quarter. State wide all 1A teams combined the top defensive team is MA allowing 22 points. Thomasville is #2 at 62. 14 of those are a pick six, scoop and score and safety. Scoring 29 per game and allowing 7.75 overall. Bulldog fans have touted the defense this season and the Dogs have proven against really good teams that they are hard to score on. Offense is improved and can score very quickly and the special teams are as good as anyones with excellent coverage and scoring 5+ TD's on returns, blocking several punts, extra points and FG's. Lots of information but I like to present as much factual evidence as I can and not "project" too much. Two weeks to go and I hope the Dogs do not mess up and lose so we can finish 7-3 and be an RPI top 10 allowing for a good playoff seed and go see what happens in November.

Go Dogs!
Thank you so much for the detailed breakdown, that’s wonderful news. Sounds like the dogs got their mojo back and that excellence on the special teams side could pay dividends later down the road. I for one would not be too keen on catching them early in the bracket.

1. MT. Mayberry
2. Big Oaks CC
3. Some team in the middle of the state
4. Burke County All Stars

Bonus

5. We used to run the veer but our defense carries us now
6. The Florida and New York transplants on Mountain Air haven't infiltrated the football team yet
7. Furnitureville
Hey they run the veer again, sometimes. They just also throw in a good mixture of stuff from the 1800’s and some spread concepts too, never let ‘em know your next move!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT