ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Scores Thread

Tornado Warning for Yadkin County. Starmount's at West Wilkes luckily as the cell's near Yadkinville and Forbush; Forbush is off thankfully. No game's in the future of that cell's path. Crazy; I didn't know it was July..

Yeah Prep has Bishop tomorrow; will be a high scoring game more than likely. Could scout both at one time.

Elkin with an 8-6 upset win over North Wilkes. NW was undefeated until the conference started now they've lost 2 in a row since then.

Still waiting for Ashe/W Central and Walkertown/Atkins. Sportsnut have you heard anything about the latter? Max Preps didn't have it listed so I couldn't find anything.

Wilkes Central 20, Ashe 6.

Battle of best offense in the MVAC JV vs. the worst defense in that league stat wise in the early going. Looks like Ashe has turned the corner and held their own.

Going to be fun seeing JV action in this league this year. If North and West Wilkes plug up whatever's hurting them it will be a fun race across the board.

^Score correction.

Salisbury beat Surry Central on JV 54-6; not a 17-14 Central win. Max Preps on their end has been real wacky. Salisbury was up 30-0 in the 3rd accoring to their Twitter so that's their right score.

Tonight's Games:

Alleghany at East Wilkes (Bad T Storm knocked out power at East's stadium on Thursday.)

Atkins at Walkertown (Storm delay from Thursday.)

North Stokes at South Stokes (Makeup game from much earlier in the year. First look at the all JV Vikings. Could be a thriller since North won with the depleted JV team vs. Patrick County and I hear they have a good freshman class.)

Tonight's Games:

Alleghany at East Wilkes (Bad T Storm knocked out power at East's stadium on Thursday.)

Atkins at Walkertown (Storm delay from Thursday.)

North Stokes at South Stokes (Makeup game from much earlier in the year. First look at the all JV Vikings. Could be a thriller since North won with the depleted JV team vs. Patrick County and I hear they have a good freshman class.)

I feel North will be stout on JV for the rest of the year since they basically have their varsity team minus about 7 seniors. South"s JV has been competitive so far this season. Young and very thin with a couple that will probably be 8 quartered out before the end of the season. Looking forward to hearing the results of this one.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
I feel North will be stout on JV for the rest of the year since they basically have their varsity team minus about 7 seniors. South"s JV has been competitive so far this season. Young and very thin with a couple that will probably be 8 quartered out before the end of the season. Looking forward to hearing the results of this one.

Max Preps reported it as 28-6 South win. South was up 21-0 at half before North Stokes scored in the 4th to avoid the shutout. Neither posted it on Twitter so I'll wait before I'll report it as official. If so I'm kinda disappointed I expected a closer game but given how long it's been since North's played plus they haven't gelled yet totally it's not too bad of a loss. 2nd Quarter killed North Stokes they gave up 14.

I think they will compete in the NW games. Atkins is improved somewhat but North can play with them, Walkertown doesn't have much depth and Bishop's Bishop. Come in a couple years who knows.

How's South on JV? They look from the standings to have a good defense.

Max Preps also has East Wilkes winning 34-6 over Alleghany. East scored 28 in the 2nd to put it away before a 6-6 tie in the 4th.

Hey Sportsnut; got the Atkins/Walkertown JV score?

Wow, listen to this one:

Walkertown beat Atkins 20-14 in overtime on JV last night.

Good for Atkins. They got some good sized lineman. Walkertown must have struggled with them.

Reactions: ESOD
May be good for the conference that they are going 2-A next year ! When all of Forsyth Co. is open enrollment and anything can happen in a 3 to 4 year time frame. It is possible for a player to play at a different high school every year.... LOL

May be good for the conference that they are going 2-A next year ! When all of Forsyth Co. is open enrollment and anything can happen in a 3 to 4 year time frame. It is possible for a player to play at a different high school every year.... LOL

It is possible to do that in all school systems.

Well in their detriment they are a magnet school like Prep, RJ Reynolds and Parkland are. They can have good teams here and there but it's harder to get into those places as you gotta have the grades and dedication to take all the classes.It's different than the normal schools in Forsyth. I don't see them being a super threat due to that but they won't be 0-11 either in a couple of years.

That being said I'm glad Atkins is competing more this year. I was afraid for their status in the WPAC due to going 0-22 last year but I'm not as much now.

It is possible to do that in all school systems.
What about the 365 day rule ? Is that only to stop them from changing during an on going school year, say this year August. 2016 thru June 2017 ? Or say in the Northwest 1-A . A player playing for East Surry can finish East June 2017 and start at another school in August 2017 ?
I thought the 365 day rule was to prevent that the latter sentence.

Last edited:
Well in their detriment they are a magnet school like Prep, RJ Reynolds and Parkland are. They can have good teams here and there but it's harder to get into those places as you gotta have the grades and dedication to take all the classes.It's different than the normal schools in Forsyth. I don't see them being a super threat due to that but they won't be 0-11 either in a couple of years.

That being said I'm glad Atkins is competing more this year. I was afraid for their status in the WPAC due to going 0-22 last year but I'm not as much now.

Mandatory study halls for all athletes. True lottery and they turned away very bright students because of capacity. Football is much different, 1 player not going to make huge impact like in basketball. And as I have stated many times before football players are really only moving to 3 schools. WF, EF, Reagan. Maybe Tabor. Plenty of resources in those schools.

North Surry and West Stokes will play tomorrow night at West at 7 due to the hurricane. They will decided tomorrow if we play Thursday for Varsity.

Last night was odd; but then again Wednesday night games are a rarity in high school ball. It ended up being a good football night; kinda chilly but good.

Very competitive game this was. Looked iffy for a period because West came out and played solid; it took us a little bit to get into it but when we did we finally played better and with a lot of heart. The 1st half was theirs and 2nd was ours; tale of 2 halves. Like last year we just ran out of time when it mattered but I was impressed with how we came back. We gotta learn to come out and play 4 quarters it's bothered these kids all year but they are getting there. Still a fun group to watch every week and they are getting there. That's what makes HS football fun.

West has a solid QB in their future he can run it well and throw it. A couple good skill kids as well. They won't drop much in talent here in a couple of years. West vs. Carver will be interesting here in a few weeks.

WPAC's going to be an interesting conference for sure on both JV and varsity. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks :).

Due to the hurricane the JV matchups for this week has been spread out like crazy so I'm going to try to separate them here for everyone to find.

JV Matchups 10-6:

East Surry at Walkertown*
Surry Central at Carver*
East Wilkes at Elkin*
Alleghany at North Wilkes*
Starmount at Wilkes Central*
West Wilkes at Ashe County*

These games are still on for Friday night as far as I know unless they have changed; I'll double check after posting to make sure. These games won't be affected as I know. They start at normal JV times.

JV Matchup's 10-10:

North Stokes at Mount Airy* 7:00 PM
Forbush at South Stokes* 7:00 PM
Atkins at Bishop* 6:00 PM

These are games that were moved to Thursday except for North Stokes and Mount Airy that's a makeup game from weeks ago.

By the way anyone got any info on Surry Central and Carver's JV game? Very oddly reported on Max Preps. Score has Central up 29-22 yet it said they forfeited. I'm willing to bet Carver was who forfeited given their number issues but wow.

Sportsnut got any info about that? I can't consider it a final of any sort yet. Odd stuff.

How's Walkertown ESOD? Their JV's look to be all over the place.

They struggled against us. The qb is a good lil ball player, he just needs some help. The OL can't give him time to do much. Bad snaps all night long, way over his head several times. Our 2nd-3rd string played the entire 2nd half. They look like they have some talented kids but they seem to not be able to get it together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT