ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Scores Thread

ESOD that was a good game by 2 teams that played hard and clean tonight...looking forward to a good one tomorrow night

Reactions: Slasher Killer
North Surry 63, Forbush 20.

Great way to end the season for the JV Hounds. We lost the conference which stinks but we got an 8-2 record and that's fantastic. :) So take the bad with the good.

First of all props to Forbush they played very hard; they just didn't have the depth or size but they never quit. They moved down two kids who 8 quarted on varsity and they played hard for them on offense. For a little bit in the first it looked like it could be close for a half like 2 years ago as we turned it over on our first drive but we shut the door after that and took off.

2nd quarter was one of the better quarters we have played all year. Caused 2 turnovers and scored 5 TD's in a row to put it away. It was literally non stop. Midway thru the 2nd the bench cleared and the 2nd and 3rd string RB's got TD's. We ran the kickoff back to start the 2nd half and the clock ran straight after that with no stopping. Forbush got a TD to make it 20 but that was that. The 3rd string played a majority of the 2nd half and none of the starters were in. We just ran the clock off late; no more need to score anymore.

Proud of these kids; hands down one of the funnest JV teams I've dealt with in my close to 10 years at North. I got close with all of them and we had some good times; felt like the teams I played on in spirit. They competed with every team on the schedule and despite some bad weeks here and there they were always fun to watch. It's amazing to consider because in 8th grade in middle school this freshman class of '16 went 0-6, no one expected them to be good this year. But those kids went 8-2 when they got to high school. Just shows anything can happen with coaching and how the game works. It's going to be fun seeing these guys on varsity these next few years once they hit the weight room and gain experience. We have a pretty good freshman class coming in next year too. They went 4-2 this year for the first winning middle school year in a while. It could be a fun few years ahead in the new conference if we keep working hard and not get big headed.

Thanks for all the replies and compliments folks :). It's a very fun passion I like to do every year. I know the varsity is what brings in the big bucks but JV ball is very fun too and doesn't get it's needed attention. Figured why not help ya know... I know Bareman you guys use this on the radio so another reason why I push it

I hope to bring this back next year with some more features that'll be fun. I know I write long write up's I try to make it feel like an article lol. Thanks to all you as well you folks made the thread work too because some schools are slow in reporting.

Hard to believe it's all over though I'll miss Thursday games...

Big Win to report here off the Max Preps wire:

South Stokes 34, Carver 20.

Way to go Sauras! :). I had a feeling they would do it; I don't know why but I just did. Good luck in the NW these next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT