ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Scores Thread

By the way anyone got any info on Surry Central and Carver's JV game? Very oddly reported on Max Preps. Score has Central up 29-22 yet it said they forfeited. I'm willing to bet Carver was who forfeited given their number issues but wow.

Sportsnut got any info about that? I can't consider it a final of any sort yet. Odd stuff.

I thought they didn't have a team. I will check and get back.

From what I heard a few weeks back they called North and told us they intended to come up and play JV as long as they could do it. Heard they don't have very much depth still so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it last night. Looked to be a close game until then if it happened.

From what I heard a few weeks back they called North and told us they intended to come up and play JV as long as they could do it. Heard they don't have very much depth still so I wouldn't be surprised if they did it last night. Looked to be a close game until then if it happened.
When I saw their varsity a couple of weeks ago they only 30 on it.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
More scores from last night I missed:

Alleghany 34, North Wilkes 12. NW has lost 3 in a row after starting out undefeated in non conference play. From what I heard they moved the QB and WR up due to injuries; may be the cause.

West Wilkes 46, Ashe 22. West gets out of the cellar after a close loss last week. Ashe looks to still find the answer on D. Offense is still there though.

Still got 3 matchup's left for Monday night along with the delayed varsity games:

North Stokes at MA*
Forbush at South Stokes*
Atkins at Bishop*

They struggled against us. The qb is a good lil ball player, he just needs some help. The OL can't give him time to do much. Bad snaps all night long, way over his head several times. Our 2nd-3rd string played the entire 2nd half. They look like they have some talented kids but they seem to not be able to get it together.

I seen in the WS Chronicle they have low numbers depth wise.

Any signs of potential there besides the QB?

Congratulations are in order for the JV Camels of Atkins who beat Bishop McGuiness tonight 32 to 16 in Kernersville.

This is the first win for the entire Atkins program since 2014; last I believe since when they beat North Stokes on varsity in '14. Way to go :).

I seen in the WS Chronicle they have low numbers depth wise.

Any signs of potential there besides the QB?
I hate to put it like this but they seem to lack the heart to compete. The coaches holler and tell em to run harder and to at least try..I don't know really what to say. It looks like all the better players play up on varsity. Kinda the one man show when we played them. They had 24 dressed out last Thursday night.

I hate to put it like this but they seem to lack the heart to compete. The coaches holler and tell em to run harder and to at least try..I don't know really what to say. It looks like all the better players play up on varsity. Kinda the one man show when we played them. They had 24 dressed out last Thursday night.

Wow. I seen them in the WS Chronicle a few weeks back they had some good sized boys you'd think they'd like to hit. Guess not.

Has Walkertown always been this down on JV since they started in the NW?

I can not see North Stokes making a come back.If you look back at their last 7 or 8 years record then you will know where I am coming from. It is really sad for the kids at North Stokes that is out in the middle of no where. I am not putting these kids down for a situation they have no control over. I wish them the best and hope the come up with something to help them if it is going to another school close by. Don't let them lose their dream of play football at a school that they don't have to worry about this happening again.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
Don't over-react too much FNL. North Stokes isn't dead they got a heck of a future ahead of them if they get things straight. Their 8th grade class is meh from what I heard but their pee wee teams are tearing it up right now; they are just a few years away. If they keep those kids together they can be fine here soon. High school wise they got to keep the JV kids in house to maintain continuity. Those kids will be who maintains the gate.

They just gotta keep the top together.

Tonight's matchups:

Bishop at Mount Airy*
Carver at North Surry*
South Stokes at Surry Central*
West Stokes at Forbush*
North Wilkes at Starmount*
Walkertown at North Stokes*
Wilkes Central at Alleghany*
Ashe County at East Wilkes*
Elkin at West Wilkes*

Atkins are off due to their bye week, East Surry is off due to WSP's lack of a team.

Program building win for N Stokes. They needed that one to keep the kids and interested. If all else fails the rest of the year for them that would be a great boost right there.

South Stokes JV on a 5 game winning streak. Healthy sign for that program. Still have not seen the JV play this season but hearing good things. I believe South will compete well next season when they get back to 1a where they belong.

Hey man :). How's Forbush?

We won 21-12. In the words of Brent Musberger from Super Bowl 28 (random reference I know just waited years to say this lol,) "It was 21-12 and it wasn't even that close."

I counted about 25 kids on their end, very few pure lineman and they all went both ways. Decent speed on their end though. They got the ball and moved downfield early but we caused them to fumble and we scored on 2 plays. Got another TD to go up 14-0 off a blocked punt but they got a fluke pass and made it 6. Only time they were close was the 2nd quarter and with 1 min left in the game but we shut em off. We stopped them 3 times at least in the red zone.

2nd half we ball controlled them to death and they couldn't stop anything unless we had a penalty. Scored in the 3rd and missed a FG in the 3rd and TD near the end that could have made it 31. They got a pick for a TD to make it 12 with 3 min or so left.

Carver has a very fast QB. They run a QB keeper play set almost all the time, and his backup's fast too. Their passing game's okay on short passes, but their line's their down point on both sides. I see West's JV QB optioning them to death.

Last edited:
East Wilkes 35 Ashe County 0 Final,

JV football in the MVAC is embarrassing.

Unless I'm wrong (some JV scores for Ashe are missing,) that's the first time in 4 years on any side Ashe's been shutout since Hampton started there. Besides 3 times on the 2012 varsity side Ashe hasn't been shutout on either team. That's big for East.

Wonder if they moved their JV QB up he was their best player when we played them week 2.

JV in the MVAC's been competitive more than usual this year. Elkin and Ashe will be a good game come the last week to see who gets 7th place.

For what ever reason it seems Central and EW are the only two programs with good JV squads this year. Last year was the same way. If those two programs stay healthy and continue to work they will have some great battles in the next couple of years, not to mention this year.

Part of, but not all, the reason is numbers.

Those small schools that can keep the higher % of players on JV will usually have the better teams.

There's other factors as well but that is probably the top or second most popular reason in my opinion.

Well before conference play started in the MVAC it looked like a real race ahead. All the Wilkes schools and Alleghany were undefeated and looking solid. Since then Alleghany and North Wilkes has fallen to the wayside, North W in particular might not win another game the rest of the season. West's struggled until last week and Starmount's been the surprise with a competitive team. Overall it's been more disappointing than I figured it looked like a real race potentially.

But as of now it looks like it'll be the best offense in the league with Central vs. the best defense in East for the title here soon.

By the way Buckin do you know the Elkin/West Wilkes score from last night? It's the one JV score I don't have.

Is this year the best overall year for football in Wilkes County, ever? Seems all four schools have above average teams and all have winning records.

Hey man :). How's Forbush?

We won 21-12. In the words of Brent Musberger from Super Bowl 28 (random reference I know just waited years to say this lol,) "It was 21-12 and it wasn't even that close."

I counted about 25 kids on their end, very few pure lineman and they all went both ways. Decent speed on their end though. They got the ball and moved downfield early but we caused them to fumble and we scored on 2 plays. Got another TD to go up 14-0 off a blocked punt but they got a fluke pass and made it 6. Only time they were close was the 2nd quarter and with 1 min left in the game but we shut em off. We stopped them 3 times at least in the red zone.

2nd half we ball controlled them to death and they couldn't stop anything unless we had a penalty. Scored in the 3rd and missed a FG in the 3rd and TD near the end that could have made it 31. They got a pick for a TD to make it 12 with 3 min or so left.

Carver has a very fast QB. They run a QB keeper play set almost all the time, and his backup's fast too. Their passing game's okay on short passes, but their line's their down point on both sides. I see West's JV QB optioning them to death.

Forbush is not good at all... Y'all shouldn't have any problems with them! I'm pretty sure we didn't played a starter from the mid-way point of the third quarter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT