ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Cherokee (what really happened )

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
I’m not gonna be like Robbinsville and say we should of won. I just want to tell a few facts .

1. 7-0 at half very much in ball game defense stuffing Murphy offense
2. Cherokee just couldn’t score in red zone got there 3 times .
3. Murphy had less than 100 passing
4. Yes we scored late but so did Murphy . 2 min left
5. Murphy shut Mintz running down but Evans had a field day 146 yards
6. 4 drives for Cherokee were stopped in our own territory by holding penalties

Murphy you deserved the win but the final score does not indicate how much closer the game was. I’m sure you will hammer me but reading all the post about how dominate you were just thought I’d shed a little light

Once again congrats on the win we didn’t deserve it anyway .

Loss was probably a good thing....no one wants the pressure of undefeated season...ask patriots lol. Hopefully a wakeup call for the braves! Ill keep yall posted on ur next opponents game since my Alleghany Trojans play union academy in practically my back yard Friday. Hope for a good game but i suspect another beat down..my trojans hasnt scored a point in a month lol

I’m not gonna be like Robbinsville and say we should of won. I just want to tell a few facts .

Murphy you deserved the win but the final score does not indicate how much closer the game was. I’m sure you will hammer me but reading all the post about how dominate you were just thought I’d shed a little light

Very accurate description of the game. Murphy was ready, we were not. While i never like to lose, I think the loss is not all bad (especially since we won the #1 seed). A loss makes you realize that you can beat!! (I.e. Murphy losing to Swain Countu).

Regroup and GO BRAVES!! It’s a whole new season now and you are in the drivers seat!!

Reactions: mbdfan
Robbinsville got in redzone 6 times vs cherokee and had more yards than Cherokee.

I agree 100%

Bk the yardage was actually with in 10 yards of each other . Why we don’t punt on 4th and Long from around mid field is beyond me . I think we went for it 3 times

I agree, the final score was not indicative of the game, Cherokee is a fine football team and I think this loss will only benefit them, much the same way the Swain loss benefited Murphy. Nothing but respect for the Braves from this Murphy poster.

Good luck to Cherokee in the 1A playoffs, hope you guys win it all.

Reactions: lad0215

Um 4 td called back for Murphy, you say drives stopped for penalties, how bout 4 td called back for holding n stuff

Loss was probably a good thing....no one wants the pressure of undefeated season...ask patriots lol. Hopefully a wakeup call for the braves! Ill keep yall posted on ur next opponents game since my Alleghany Trojans play union academy in practically my back yard Friday. Hope for a good game but i suspect another beat down..my trojans hasnt scored a point in a month lol

Now if only you had returned the same favor to TJ...lol...now TJ doesn't have the pressure of an undefeated season. And also still has two weeks to heal up and get ready for most likely Elkin and then hopefully Cherokee.

Of course bk13, of course!! And you should've had your name in tha hat to!! Unz ain't tha only 1s who read tha Good Book and I haven't came across tha scripture that says, thou shalt believe in robinsville!!! Our defense stood strong and shut Murphy down 1st quarter, but 1 of our main big guys got his bell rung and went out of tha game!! And it showed what he brings to tha table when he went out!! Don't think our line was quiet ready for how scrappy Murphy's line was, it really shows in a game like that of how important depth in tha team is!! Evens did impress me with his spark of energy, actually ran close to his potential last night!! Hope Ledfrod makes it back for play offs!! Right before tha half and after halftime we done some pretty wimpy attempts of tacklin!! Murphy worked hard and earned it and went and got it!!

Instead of wolf in sheep's clothin, it's tha Florida person pullin for Murphy in robinsville clothin!! I did forget, yes Murphy shut down tha mintz run and had them touchdowns called back!!

Yeah we did but you looking through bulldog sunglasses lol it’s all good good luck to y’all your defense def did a great job. Congrats again go win big 1a

Don' forget Mintz also had 4 or 5 fumbles or bad exchanges from the center as well. He was definitely off his game.

I’d be first to admit to being coulda shoulda at points but this post kinda reads the same way. Yeah a loss does help fix areas but it’s not a full proof conclusion they’ll come back better. That being said Cherokee has a great path to state. Can’t jump conclusions every game is going to meaningful. Good luck to the teams.

Yeah, but he didn't have all those fumbles against us. Hope that was just nerves for him because there will be some now that it's playoff time. Maybe you guys will make it past the 3rd round this year courtesy of the bye and make some noise. What's it like cheering for a contending team every 10+ years? And how can a game have 4,000 people at it and only have a $500 50/50?

We had to pay for a bus, jerseys and probably your lunch for when unz travel, that's why it was just 500!! O yeah, and had grannys come cater for your varsity team to!!

Mintz will be fine. I have watched him since he was a Freshman and he is the ultimate competitor and veteran. I had a coach tell me one time that you can get to pumped up and I really think that is what happened Friday night. You get so wound up you get away from your game, he has played to many big games in football & basketball to be nerves. He will be fine and the Braves have the perfect chance to go all the way

How can you have like 3 to 4 home games for almost 5 or 6 years in tha playoffs and not have no money for jerseys?? Or why can't tha 1 who helped win unz state championships come and walk your track?? You must be 1 that's in with tha politically correct group down there!! Just to let you know, nobody likes your little click down there and people want Blankinship and marr gone!!

The 50-50 was 1300 Swain . I don’t know Swain you should tell us cause it’s about once every 20 years in basketball for y’all. Yeah it’s been awhile since we been good but before those 10 years we had a very nice run . 45-7

Don't hold back swain, fire away!! There junior high basketball team ain't nothin but native kids, with 1 exception of Mr Collins and that kid goes hard!!

How fast you guys turn this into a roundball discussion lol. It' like it's in your blood that you guys are already preparing for it!

I’d say the love for basketball is equal to Swain love for football. But we do support and enjoy when we get a good group of football players that are good. Sure is easy to field a team and be good when your almost twice the size of everyone else. But keep on keeping on we will just be over enjoying 45-7

I like how you and robinsville on your history lesson tip this year!! O yeah, if, shoulda, woulda!! Your to scared to talk junk cause swains gonna have to ask to use a charter bus when unz gotta travel!!!

Isn't the Boys Club a separate entity like the gaming commission as well? Forgot where I heard it, but that's what I was thinking.

Dang thatoneguy you solved tha riddle!!! So where do we go from here!!??
I’m just saying, isn’t every enrolled member entitled to the same things as another. No matter what school they go to. Yes i understand how this rivalry has caused animosity and riffs especially when these kids hear the smack talk during the games. They hear and experience these emotions and it makes sense when the tribe is funding things for these schools, that have been argued, take advantage of the native talent. At the end of the day the decision of what school they go to is up to them and their family.

Reactions: Swain97
You ain't gettin tha picture my friend!!! I'm not gonna go work for tha state and expect tribal benefits, come with my hand stuck out when it's time for tha boots they buy us once a year just cause I'm an enrolled member!! Public schools get money for each enrolled member that's enrolled in there school, where's that money at!! Robinsville didn't ask tha tribe for no money for there rings when they won state a couple years ago and there main runnin back was enrolled!! If you ain't from here then you wouldn't understand, easy to talk rainbows and sunny skies when your just on a message board!! A woman from swain county with a respected last name from swain said, if native people knew how tha native kids were talked about down there then we wouldn't send our kids down there!!

Reactions: BravesGWY
You ain't gettin tha picture my friend!!! I'm not gonna go work for tha state and expect tribal benefits, come with my hand stuck out when it's time for tha boots they buy us once a year just cause I'm an enrolled member!! Public schools get money for each enrolled member that's enrolled in there school, where's that money at!! Robinsville didn't ask tha tribe for no money for there rings when they won state a couple years ago and there main runnin back was enrolled!! If you ain't from here then you wouldn't understand, easy to talk rainbows and sunny skies when your just on a message board!! A woman from swain county with a respected last name from swain said, if native people knew how tha native kids were talked about down there then we wouldn't send our kids down there!!
I understand that but at the same time you won’t convince everyone to go to Cherokee. I know there are die hard Swain fans in Cherokee and you won’t change that mentality. It is sad that these kids will play on youth teams together and split when they are older. Cherokee honestly should have a couple of state championships if it wasn’t for that among other things. Look at Spencer McCoy or Ray Smith all started the careers as braves but left. It stings to see them attain rings or accolades at the expense of Cherokee. Cherokee has taking their lumps and this year they are seeing success. But as a tribe you can’t delegate who gets what just by their school.

Bk the yardage was actually with in 10 yards of each other . Why we don’t punt on 4th and Long from around mid field is beyond me . I think we went for it 3 times

I guess in 15 years someone will come back and ask whether they remember the day that Robbinsville had more total yards than Cherokee. I also expect someone listening will just roll their eyes while shaking their head.

If yardage was important then it would be kept on the scoreboard.

Hahaha!! That's funny lake man!! I know I can't change it oneguy, be nice if I could then we'd have a district!! Live on tha rez then you go to CHS!! Don't know where your from but to here them talk down that way and knowin after school and sports then it's on to tha next native kid!! Then how much our native kids put in to tha football program there ain't 1 enrolled member from pee wee to varsity!! I'm just a die hard brave I guess!!!!!

Reactions: Thatoneguy...
Hahaha!! That's funny lake man!! I know I can't change it oneguy, be nice if I could then we'd have a district!! Live on tha rez then you go to CHS!! Don't know where your from but to here them talk down that way and knowin after school and sports then it's on to tha next native kid!! Then how much our native kids put in to tha football program there ain't 1 enrolled member from pee wee to varsity!! I'm just a die hard brave I guess!!!!!
I understand that completely. And a district is not an extreme idea. I mean the Charlotte area and other places have districts and if you don’t live in that district you are not supposed to play for that school. I mean the Qualla Boundary is unique and not land owned by the state. A district could be discussed but it’d be a pipe dream to come to fruition. It’s not bizarre to think that though.

Lakeman i commented on yardage because folks were saying cherokee destroyed us. You dont destroy a team that has more yards from scrimmage. I agree the score is all that matters but we played braves to a tight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT