ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Mountain Heritage

Two very good programs meeting in Burnsville Friday night. Look for a low scoring game as Mtn Heritage plays at a very slow pace. Murphy will not be intimidated one bit playing in the pit. Will come down to the Murphy defense being able to stop the power the running game, Heritage limiting the big plays of Murphy. As in most evenly matched games turnovers and special teams will make a huge difference in who wins.

While it is true Heritage played for the 2a title last year, I don’t think this team is anywhere near where that team was. I see this being a Dogs victory. I could be very wrong though. This prediction has nothing to do with the Mitchell/Heritage thing. Just think Murphy will win. I will say Joey will have his players ready. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries.

Go Mountaineers

Murphy couldn't beat Robbinsville second and third string so Mitchell will have no m problem giving them another L to take home with them

• Haha
Reactions: mbdfan
With Murphy being without some of their starting line, I'd have to give the nod to Heritage. Mitchell dominated the line when we were there. I'll say 16-10 Heritage
I’d say it’s been a while since a 1a school held Murphy to 10 or less.

I'm not sure who would match up best. As far as "speed" wise, probably Mount Airy or T'ville. However, a "ball-control" strategy would work well as long as.............you can stop/slow down the Wildcat offense. No team has been able to do that yet.
Wait a minute.........let me correct myself. The Williams Bulldogs did a nice job of slowing down ER. ER was coming off a fight with COVID.......but still. I do have to congratulate Williams for going down to Wilson and beating Fike by 20.

Wait a minute.........let me correct myself. The Williams Bulldogs did a nice job of slowing down ER. ER was coming off a fight with COVID.......but still. I do have to congratulate Williams for going down to Wilson and beating Fike by 20.
Williams has a great young coach. He’s got them trending up big time and is keeping the Williams players at home. That was a battle that night and you are right, after all that missed time due to Covid it was a real struggle.

2 pages for this game! Where are all the Murphy posters. Heritage seems to have lost 98% of theirs. :(
I am going Heritage 22-20
I think most are just uncertain of what to expect. This team is loaded with talent but season has been up and down. I guess to be expected after losing a 40 year head coach. Injuries have plagued the line, hopefully some will be back this week. All that said, I'll go with the Dogs, 27-22.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Both teams struggled with turnovers in the 1st half, hopefully less miscues in the 2nd half. Murphy's o-line has got to play better, flat out awful in the 1st Q.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Murphy hit on some big plays when they needed to. Hats off to them. Played a great game. Good season to the Heritage seniors. Enjoyed watching them play this year.
Appreciate the kind words 97, a little too kind haha. Murphy were very sloppy tonight offensively, the o-line really struggled in this game but Heritage deserves credit for some of that. Hats off to your d-line and backers, they did a really good job containing Murphy's run game, almost all of Murphy's success offensively was through the air. Murphy's defense played pretty well tonight but you could tell Heritage just doesnt have the horses offensively this season. Heritage played hard and are a well coached football team. I hope these two can meet again one day when both are at the peak of their powers. It's unfortunate that neither team are really close to what they've been in the past in the year that they finally got to play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT