ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell vs Draughn

Status
Not open for further replies.
While if they include this game on the SMC picks I'll pick Mitchell as always but that's just going with my heart in my the mind the offense hasn't been moving the ball and the way Owen burnt the secondary last night and with one of the best NC QB's coming to town I just don't see how.
Best chance Mitchell has is long time consuming drives that turns into points and keep their offense off the field. I hope they shock me.

Well, here is how I see it. Draughn big. Just don’t think Mitchell has enough offense to hang. Mitchell will have to turn this into a very low possession game. Long sustained drives that end in points.

Man hope I am wrong but just don’t see a Mountaineer victor.

Go Mountaineers

The only championship contenders in the west is Mt airy robbinsville, Murphy, and draughn in my opinion.

Reactions: bigtimeEastNC
Of course that's at least 4 good teams I think the 2ND best team in the east is tarboros JV team. They should practice against each other to prepare for state championship game this year lol

Reactions: Mhsneer
Of course that's at least 4 good teams I think the 2ND best team in the east is tarboros JV team. They should practice against each other to prepare for state championship game this year lol
I think IF west Columbus beats whiteville next Friday then that would firmly put them behind tarboro. I'd try to argue this statement but this year I don't think I can. I could in the fall of 2021 but it's 2023 lol.

Reactions: FormerDog38
Have the Mitchell players
idk what happened but that kind of disrespect should only be allowed with in county/county boarder rivals lol, im not saying it should happen at all but its weird if its not coming from a long time rival lol

Last edited by a moderator:
idk what happened but that kind of disrespect should only be allowed with in county/county boarder rivals lol, im not saying it should happen at all but its weird if its not coming from a long time rival lol
Since I chose to delete the message which I find strange. Because no one ever denied it that it happened. Because it did happen. People talk to the coaches who told them that that's what the players were allowed to do from draughn. That is legitimately happened and it's probably evidence on Facebook. So the coaching staff had built a culture that allowed them to do that. People's wives players girlfriends. And not some stuff like let me take you out to dinner. But a whole lot more than that. Yet our moderator cuts it out.. and makes personal comments about people that are on here. When you're supposed to be a moderator. It doesn't matter if we claim to be a fan of one team sports nut. As long as we're talking. You got something to type. Or in my case delete. Get a little less personal with that for you.

Yeah I was kidding I wouldn't have expected it from y'all. But they were evidenced by it last year. They're being super quiet this year which is great. I still hope to get to play Mount Airy again. All those big stats.

My thoughts: last year is gone and the issues that happened. Coming into this week we see an undefeated Mitchell team vs a 1 loss draughn team. Both teams bring a lot to the table and the game will be played up the mountain. Add the 2 losses Mitchell got last fall in Valdese we all should be in for hopefully the game of the year. I personally have not watched one bit of film on Mitchell. I have been to most of the draughn games an I can say they are really talented in both sides of the ball. Everyone grows up and people mature so I feel like last years antics shouldn’t be relevant to this years success. Idc who did what and wrong is wrong no matter what color jersey they wore. I hope that the mountain is packed out Friday night and the weather is clear. Let the teams play and decide who’s best.

The only championship contenders in the west is Mt airy robbinsville, Murphy, and draughn in my opinion.
I think the west is MA at the top. Then below is Robbinsville. Then you can stack: Murphy, Swain, ER, Thomasville, and Draughn in any order and be close.

Mitchell should not be on the list at this time. Win against Draughn and Mt. Heritage then you could add them in. However, I don’t see that happening. Hope they prove me wrong. Mtn. Heritage is a sleeper for a deep run. Playoffs outside Mayberry should be some good games, while lots of running clock in Andy’s backyard.

****** Apologies for not in Starmount in the above list, complete oversight.**********

Go Mountaineers.

Last edited:
I think the top 4 are Mt Airy, Robbinsville, Starmount and maybe Draughn. Mt Airy is head and shoulders above everyone else. I have Robbinsville in second place but I'm not sure that by the time the playoffs roll around that they are a clear cut winner over Starmount. I'm curious about Draughn. The next couple of weeks will tell me more about them.

I think the top 4 are Mt Airy, Robbinsville, Starmount and maybe Draughn. Mt Airy is head and shoulders above everyone else. I have Robbinsville in second place but I'm not sure that by the time the playoffs roll around that they are a clear cut winner over Starmount. I'm curious about Draughn. The next couple of weeks will tell me more about them.
Man I was going to list Starmount and absolutely forgot them…

Go Mountaineers

Top 4 in the west? Has to be I guess. I don't see how you would ever include starmount in the top four. They aren't better than robbinsville, Murphy, or Swain. They would get drubbed just like they did the other night. I do think that if Mount Airy has their top game on they beat everyone else, maybe not easily but they do. Contrary to what's being posted on here that was never a football game against Starmount. It was a tremendous amount of momentum killing penalties but you're part of the game but not really shame on you if you keep making them which Mount Airy should be ashamed of. To me Starmount was a better football team last year than they are this year. Laugh if you want but okay. I'm not even sure that they could beat draughn or Thomasville. Maybe show somewhere where they could. Obviously it's your opinion but your opinion based on it being your team as you say is okay but doesn't really prohibit anyone from tearing it apart. Oh and going to the Smoky mountain teams is always tough. But as proven last year they'll drive right on up here and beat your tail as well.

I'm not the only one that thinks that. At least 2 other Mt Airy posters mentioned it as well. I think after Mt Airy then a few levels down is Robbinsville and then a few more down is several teams, Murphy, Swain, Thomasville, Draughn, ER and Starmount. I think you're underestimating how good Mt Airy is. They are significantly improved from last year.

Top 4 in the west? Has to be I guess. I don't see how you would ever include starmount in the top four. They aren't better than robbinsville, Murphy, or Swain. They would get drubbed just like they did the other night. I do think that if Mount Airy has their top game on they beat everyone else, maybe not easily but they do. Contrary to what's being posted on here that was never a football game against Starmount. It was a tremendous amount of momentum killing penalties but you're part of the game but not really shame on you if you keep making them which Mount Airy should be ashamed of. To me Starmount was a better football team last year than they are this year. Laugh if you want but okay. I'm not even sure that they could beat draughn or Thomasville. Maybe show somewhere where they could. Obviously it's your opinion but your opinion based on it being your team as you say is okay but doesn't really prohibit anyone from tearing it apart. Oh and going to the Smoky mountain teams is always tough. But as proven last year they'll drive right on up here and beat your tail as well.
I don't think I would put Starmount in the top 4, but I would put them around or in top 8. I disagree that they were better last year. I think they are actually a good bit better than last year. Their RB is not as good as Dezern, but their OL/DL play is noticeable better(despite the MA game, it is MA). The Qb is pretty good too. Was surprised by the QB before he got hurt in the game. If I am straightforward as I think BearMod was the other day, MA has a special team this year and some have been trying to be polite about it while others have been quite blunt to point of labeling the base arrogant. My opinion is, right or wrong, MA is at least 2 TD better than any team in 1A not named Tarboro and I haven't seen any evidence on video of games last year or this year that has demonstrated otherwise.

We can discuss that in another thread if wanted, but let's leave this talk for somewhere else. This is about Mitchell and Draughn.

I think Draughn wins this game, but I won't count out Mitchell. Draughn still looks good this year and are pretty balanced team as far as high school goes. They have a good rush and pass attack with Dula and Tillery. Mitchell relies more on the run game and have had a good win in the Andrews game, even though they are not the same team this year. Mitchell is being overlooked some this year, but this game could change that. I think this game will be closer than the 2 games last year. I would put this year's Draughn slightly worse than last year and this year's Mitchell better than last year. I just don't think the gap is closed enough. If Mitchell can limit Draughn from passing or the big play, they could win. I just don't think they do.

And no, I don't think this is a rivalry... yet. Draughn didn't even open until '09 or '10. Give it few years with some wins back and forth and it might become one. I think they have a better shot of a rivalry with East Burke since the school establishment probably hurt their program the most and is closer.

I honestly could see 2 scenarios one where we win by an extra point or where we lose 42 to like 18 boys will decide it is here in Ledger NC Gods Country I say Mitchell 28 Draughn 27 hope I am right I have done ok calling em this year fingers crossed LOL
Only thing I would disagree with I doubt Mitchell wins by an extra point first you'd have to have a good snap to kick an extra point.

Keep the Draughn QB in the pocket with a lot of pressure and some big hits on him. I think Mitchell can stop Dula but will have to get after Destillary 😜 I might make the drive up to see this one
Mitchell's best defense would be long time consuming drives on offense that ends in points and keep it a low scoring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT