ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

I don’t know which route into Robbinsville would be better ? Stecoah Mountain or Nantahala Gorge. Just trying to be helpful

For as much talk about what it would be like if these two teams met in the finals, I have been utterly disappointed in this thread. There has been about 1 or 2 pages actual discussion about what was suppose to be a good game and instead you guys are literally talking about weather and traffic. Riveting.

For as much talk about what it would be like if these two teams met in the finals, I have been utterly disappointed in this thread. There has been about 1 or 2 pages actual discussion about what was suppose to be a good game and instead you guys are literally talking about weather and traffic. Riveting.
Don’t rush it. The game discussion will come.
I don’t know which route into Robbinsville would be better ? Stecoah Mountain or Nantahala Gorge. Just trying to be helpful
I’d probably go through the gorge if I were them.

There is a reason all of you are not talking about the game instead being foolish.......YOU KNOW!!!!

Buzz, assuming you win because no one can stop or slowdown MA's offense, what would you consider "slowing down" or a bad game for the offense? Less than 42 points? I believe that is the lowest they've scored all year. So is that the expectation in this game as well?

It’s a game. The teams are going to kickoff Friday and decide it on the field. Even talking X’s and O’s, Stats, team history etc can only last so long. It’s still going to be a peeing contest so why not have some fun. Every pertinent topic has been covered. Just my opinion

Seriously, please, after Asheville, what is the best route for us to take?
And remember most of us will be in horse and buggy or just like new 1951 Ford Truck.

Reactions: RealStihl
And remember most of us will be in horse and buggy or just like new 1951 Ford Truck.
Im driving my van and after game staying down by the river!
Matt Foley Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Not much really to discuss. MA thinks they will win by 40 plus points. Rville looking to win a 28-21 type game.

I think it will be played a lot like the Mitchell game. Ma going to wait on the big play to come and not rush it. No need to make a big mistake.

Robbinsville going to try and chew clock. This Robbinsville team is way better than Mitchell so it just might go into the 4th before MA gets control and puts the game away.

Wasn't asked of me, but my answer to footballstar_17 would be less than 35 would be a bad game for MA offense.
I wouldn't be suprised if Robbinsville holds them to their lowest of the year, but less than 30-35 and I would say they had a bad game or Robbinsville was able to control the time of possession like Mitchell did in the 1st half. I expect around 42 though. Something like 42-22 or 42-30 range.

Guess I'll check back Friday. Have fun fellas.

Reactions: footballstar_17
Take exit 27 and stay on 74 all the way until you come over Stecoah. I last saw this thread at 11 pages and now it's 27 pages. I'm not motivated to go back through it with my shovel and dig for answers. I would eat before getting to Robbinsville honestly. Unless you're tailgating in the Ingles parking lot like mentioned and that does sound like a decent idea. Probably the best idea lol. Go in and buy some food and throw it on a grill.

If I’m a MA fan I’m leaving early enough to eat at the Moose Cafe off 40. Some good country cooking. I love the meatloaf.

Take exit 27 and stay on 74 all the way until you come over Stecoah. I last saw this thread at 11 pages and now it's 27 pages. I'm not motivated to go back through it with my shovel and dig for answers. I would eat before getting to Robbinsville honestly. Unless you're tailgating in the Ingles parking lot like mentioned and that does sound like a decent idea. Probably the best idea lol. Go in and buy some food and throw it on a grill.
And yet Robbinsville has a few good places to eat.

Stay on I40 to exit 27...go about 45 or 50 miles and hang a right where the 4 lane ends onto Hwy 28 ... go 10 or 12 miles and hang a left onto NC143...go another 8 or 10 miles to second red light(Ingles)..Take a right onto NC 129..go approx 1 mile and hang a left onto Knight Street..Big Oaks will be on your left.

Stay on I40 to exit 27...go about 45 or 50 miles and hang a right where the 4 lane ends onto Hwy 28 ... go 10 or 12 miles and hang a left onto NC143...go another 8 or 10 miles to second red light(Ingles)..Take a right onto NC 129..go approx 1 mile and hang a left onto Knight Street..Big Oaks will be on your left.
If you want to avoid road construction, stay straight instead of turning onto 28. You’ll go through the nantahala gorge. You’ll come to a bride at the top of the hill after about 10-15 miles or so on the right. Take the right and stay straight for about another 10-15 miles and you’ll come out at ingles. From there just take the above directions.

You’ll come to a bride at the top of the hill after about 10-15 miles or so on the right. Take the right and stay straight for about another 10-15 miles and you’ll come out at ingles.
Take a right when you see a bride…now those are some country directions.

jk please don’t call out all my typos now

For real though there’s some road work in Stecoah so going this way a good option. Also a pretty good restaurant on the river in the gorge.

Take a right when you see a bride…now those are some country directions.

jk please don’t call out all my typos now

For real though there’s some road work in Stecoah so going this way a good option. Also a pretty good restaurant on the river in the gorge.
😂😂 I was in a hurry. Supposed to say bridge

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
The Gorge is a much worse road than NC 28 and 143 and is probably 15 minutes further..Friend from Robbinsville says the construction has been shutting down at 4:30 on Friday afternoons. I don't think there is a Mapping App anywhere that would send you through the Gorge to get to Robbinsville.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Wasn't asked of me, but my answer to footballstar_17 would be less than 35 would be a bad game for MA offense.
I wouldn't be suprised if Robbinsville holds them to their lowest of the year, but less than 30-35 and I would say they had a bad game or Robbinsville was able to control the time of possession like Mitchell did in the 1st half. I expect around 42 though. Something like 42-22 or 42-30 range.

Guess I'll check back Friday. Have fun fellas.

With that said, is giving up 30 points still considered a success for the defense? The most they've given up is 26 to Murphy, but they also scored 64 so a difference of 38 points. They also given up 21 to ER (which they say is better than Robbinsville) and scored 42, leaving a 21 point differential.

With that said, is giving up 30 points still considered a success for the defense? The most they've given up is 26 to Murphy, but they also scored 64 so a difference of 38 points. They also given up 21 to ER (which they say is better than Robbinsville) and scored 42, leaving a 21 point differential.
Personally I wouldn't care if my team gave up 75 points..as long as they win

Reactions: wncbowhunter
The Gorge is a much worse road than NC 28 and 143 and is probably 15 minutes further..Friend from Robbinsville says the construction has been shutting down at 4:30 on Friday afternoons. I don't think there is a Mapping App anywhere that would send you through the Gorge to get to Robbinsville.
What I was thinking gorge pretty bad way to go

My iPhone mapping has one way a mile less and the other way a minute sooner. One way you have a curvy mountain and the other way is a curvy river road. It’s about the same either way

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I work in Bryson and drive home through the gorge every evening. About as fast and a whole lot less hassle.

My iPhone mapping has one way a mile less and the other way a minute sooner. One way you have a curvy mountain and the other way is a curvy river road. It’s about the same either way
Not sure the starting point you used, but one MUST start at Almond since that is where the split is..From Almond to Robbinsville via the Gorge is 28 miles and 32 minutes...From Almond to Robbinsville via NC 143 is 20 miles and 21 minutes...of course that's without construction delays..

Last edited:
As long as it isn’t as cold as it was this morning. It’s not fun running a route and slinging frozen drinks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT