ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

It is impressive what they have accomplished. But this team won't be intimidated. Beat ER on road last year and Tarboro in what should be considered their house in championship. Tarboro recent record won't be touched. How many in a row have they played in championship game?
6 state championship game appearances in a row. Now 8 consecutive regional finals appearances. Charlotte independence went to 8 straight from 2000 to 2007 that's the record as of right now

Don’t understand what you are getting at here….
It was a reply to this, it was not FSU that Notre Dame in 1993, it was he 1993 Mobil Cotton Bowl Classic was a college football bowl game played on January 1, 1993, at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas. The bowl game featured the Notre Dame Fighting Irish versus the Southwest Conference champions, Texas A&M. Notre Dame upset the previously undefeated Aggies in a 28–3 victory.[1]

You posted this:

As a Seminole fan, this game reminds me a lot of the 1993 Game of the Century in South Bend between #1 FSU and #2 Notre Dame. You had the fast, talented flashy team (FSU) that looked unbeatable coming to the Mecca of college football to play an Irish team, that while very good, wasn’t as fast or as talented as FSU. But something about being in South Bend, with all that history and tradition, along with some hard hitting from Notre Dame, was enough to help the Irish pull the upset. In this case you have MA as FSU, and Robbinsville as ND. Maybe a similar outcome awaits?

6 state championship game appearances in a row. Now 8 consecutive regional finals appearances. Charlotte independence went to 8 straight from 2000 to 2007 that's the record as of right now
VERY impressive..someone correct me if I'm wrong but is this Robbinsville's 5th Western Regional Championship appearance since 2018?
2018, 2019, 2021 spring, 2021 Fall and 2023?

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Here some motivation for the week. This is pretty cool video clip. Alcoa,TN is going for 9 straight championships. It will be their 18th state championship since 2000. Got me to thinking since everyone is talking about state championships.

East Tn football is just a different animal all together

It was a reply to this, it was not FSU that Notre Dame in 1993, it was he 1993 Mobil Cotton Bowl Classic was a college football bowl game played on January 1, 1993, at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas. The bowl game featured the Notre Dame Fighting Irish versus the Southwest Conference champions, Texas A&M. Notre Dame upset the previously undefeated Aggies in a 28–3 victory.[1]

You posted this:

As a Seminole fan, this game reminds me a lot of the 1993 Game of the Century in South Bend between #1 FSU and #2 Notre Dame. You had the fast, talented flashy team (FSU) that looked unbeatable coming to the Mecca of college football to play an Irish team, that while very good, wasn’t as fast or as talented as FSU. But something about being in South Bend, with all that history and tradition, along with some hard hitting from Notre Dame, was enough to help the Irish pull the upset. In this case you have MA as FSU, and Robbinsville as ND. Maybe a similar outcome awaits?
He didn't say bowl game TD. He is talking about the game they played in the regular season a few weeks before the bowl games. Everything he said was correct. FSU lost that game to Notre Dame. FSU did win the National Championship that year though, so as he says, maybe a similar outcome awaits.

Here some motivation for the week. This is pretty cool video clip. Alcoa,TN is going for 9 straight championships. It will be their 18th state championship since 2000. Got me to thinking since everyone is talking about state championships.

That is unreal, Possible 18 state titles in a 24 year span. Didnt they have a coaching change also during this run?

Man you a brave joker sticking your hand in this hornet’s nest of a thread. I did comment early on then backed up and watched the digital scrapping. @kingbluedevil the instigator, tried to lure me in…
Word of advice from an old man? Back up and just watch. They will tire out eventually. Heck it’s Monday and they already getting winded…😂

Man you a brave joker sticking your hand in this hornet’s nest of a thread. I did comment early on then backed up and watched the digital scrapping. @kingbluedevil the instigator, tried to lure me in…
Word of advice from an old man? Back up and just watch. They will tire out eventually. Heck it’s Monday and they already getting winded…😂
That may very well be true, but I won't believe it until I see it. 13 eastern championship appearances since 2008. I'd like to see another team do it.

You posted this:

LOL you need to google 1993 college football game of the century, or just FSU vs Notre Dame 1993 and see what you find. Hilarious that you would “correct” a die hard FSU fan on college football history when you have no idea what you are talking about! 😂

I assure you the game happened. I watched it in my living room when it came on. It was only the most hyped college football game in a generation.

That is unreal, Possible 18 state titles in a 24 year span. Didnt they have a coaching change also during this run?
Yes Gary Rankin went to Boyd Buchanan high school in 2022. Rankin has them in the state championship game in the private division class AA in year 2.

Reactions: therealsquid
Absolutely. In 2011, we didn't win our conference, the team who beat us also played for a state championship that year in 2AA. We barely beat Pender in 2021, in 2009 we barely beat East Bladen to get to the championship. Wallace Rose Hill beat us multiple times in the playoffs 2013-2016 as well as James Kenan. Promise you there have been challenges.

That may very well be true, but I won't believe it until I see it. 13 eastern championship appearances since 2008. I'd like to see another team do it.
Think perhaps you quoted the wrong post…
But if I am incorrect then I am also slightly confused…

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
A lot of laughter coming from Mt Airy posters. Boy oh boy you guys had better pray that you win! That’s all I will say.

My personal opinion is to make the MA posters play the Robbinsville faithful in a scrimmage prior to the game. Winner gets kickoff 2nd half.

Robbinsville by 3 scores.

Reactions: footballstar_17
Correct
LOL you need to google 1993 college football game of the century, or just FSU vs Notre Dame 1993 and see what you find. Hilarious that you would “correct” a die hard FSU fan on college football history when you have no idea what you are talking about! 😂

I assure you the game happened. I watched it in my living room when it came on. It was only the most hyped college football game in a generation.
They are right and we are wrong and there is nothing we can do about it. Thats just about how everyone of them are. No one else’s opinion matters. If it doesn’t align with what they have to say they have a mental breakdown

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT