ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

1A got legit!
What an arrogant and ignorant reply...
Franklin won the 2A state championship in 1976. They weren't undefeated though. They were defeated in regular season by the eventual 1A state champions Robbinsville. Several of the Colvin era Robbinsville teams were tough and I would love to see them play this years Mt Airy team....you could take Mt Airy and I would gladly take that bet....😉

Rex why don’t you come on by and say hey to us monkeys. Would love to shake your hand. I guarantee you will not find a bigger supporter over the last 40 years than me. You should watch how you catergorize people that is throwing rocks just as bad.
It's not categorization of you man, just trying to make an analogy. Might be a bad one, but we have all probably been to a zoo or seen a video of that happening. I don't have a issue with any of you guys on here. You just have a different personality and style of talking football than I do. You remind me more of the guys that would be out on the field, say we are going to ram this ball down your throat, do it, then come back at them and flex and say TOLD YOU BOY! I was always preferred the don't say anything, let them talk their trash and when you beat them, you give them them a quiet look of that's what you were mouthing about. Just do your job because that's what you do. It's just a personality difference.

I probably won't make the game Friday due to work and logistics. Would be glad to meet you sometime at another game. From what I gather, even though I feel old, I am probably one of the younger guys on here that pulls for the Bears.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
It's not categorization of you man, just trying to make an analogy. Might be a bad one, but we have all probably been to a zoo or seen a video of that happening. I don't have a issue with any of you guys on here. You just have a different personality and style of talking football than I do. You remind me more of the guys that would be out on the field, say we are going to ram this ball down your throat, do it, then come back at them and flex and say TOLD YOU BOY! I was always preferred the don't say anything, let them talk their trash and when you beat them, you give them them a quiet look of that's what you were mouthing about. Just do your job because that's what you do. It's just a personality difference.

I probably won't make the game Friday due to work and logistics. Would be glad to meet you sometime at another game. From what I gather, even though I feel old, I am probably one of the younger guys on here that pulls for the Bears.
We cut up on here all the time because we are old and like to have fun, but I know the kids on both teams are great young men that are respectable and show why both schools can be proud of them. The coaches from both schools can be proud of how they have developed these young men. When Coach Holder was head coach the one thing he was about was making them into young men and it didn’t matter about winning and that is why he was so successful. The adams kid is an amazing young man and very respectful and has a great future ahead of him. I remember Coach holder set his own son out of a playoff game for the first half and we lost a game we should have won. That is an example of why both programs are so good.

I get it, but at the same time if the ones you are poking at don't understand your style of messing around, they will take it personally. I agree that both programs in this game do a great job of teaching life lessons and doing things the right way. The communities they come from set good examples of what I wish we saw more of across the state and country really.

Val Kilmer Mustache GIF by GritTV

Lots of good info but I have a ? You said NCHSAA does not list those as state champions but if you go to the NCHSAA website it list State Champions all the way back to 1913. They do list co champions on the website. They have regional champions listed some years because that’s as far as they could advance according to the NCHSAA website.

Under the state champions sections it lists the winner of the final games of the playoffs even if the brackets did not culminate in a state title game. There are sectional champions and regionals champions listed in those years. Co-champions if there was a tie or the scheduled title game could not be played. (The list includes the infamous playoff format for the D2 playoffs.). If a school wants to proclaim themselves state champions after playing through to a sectional championship so be it but the NCHSAA historical lists and awards were sectional and regional champions.

Reactions: buzzcoach
Well, if it does rain, the MA coaches will be treated pretty well. They will have an indoor coaches box with room for coaches and video camera. If I remember correctly, MA puts the visiting coaches on top of the pressbox in the weather.
Home coaches are in the same place!

I have said this will be a tough game and a a lot of respect to Robbinsville. To come in to there place and win will be tall task. MA is the underdog as they are the #2 seed. Let it rain MA runs the ball every play anyway!

Reactions: Bearmod1
I have said this will be a tough game and a a lot of respect to Robbinsville. To come in to there place and win will be tall task. MA is the underdog as they are the #2 seed. Let it rain MA runs the ball every play anyway!
It will be a great game to watch. MA is not the underdog. They have been number 1 ranked team all year in 1a and the defending state champions. Be like calling Georgia the underdog. MA is the champs trying to defend their crown.

What Robbinsville poster on here has been talking up our linebackers? I’m pretty sure most people have been from opposing teams that have commented.
I wrote my thoughts on the game. No one here really talks scheme or matchups.

From page 12, Monday 7:55 am, thread post 455.
“Robbinsville does not have the speed or size at linebacker that Eastern Randolph had to close laterally so the ends and corner cannot allow the alley to be sealed.”

Wicked replied to my comment and I replied that Rville players are always tough, aggressive, and football savvy. A few Mt Airy people then chimed in sarcastically.

I wrote my thoughts on the game. No one here really talks scheme or matchups.

From page 12, Monday 7:55 am, thread post 455.
“Robbinsville does not have the speed or size at linebacker that Eastern Randolph had to close laterally so the ends and corner cannot allow the alley to be sealed.”

Wicked replied to my comment and I replied that Rville players are always tough, aggressive, and football savvy. A few Mt Airy people then chimed in sarcastically.
I respect your opinion

My son got to have a Mud Bowl in the playoffs when he played. I took a screenshot off Hudl.

GABkLJSWAAAfAuP.jpg
I had a great idea that goes along with the Mud Bowl. You know farmers in the mountains spread chicken manure on their fields which is a great fertilizer and really makes their hay field grow come spring. I think it’s time for a couple of truck loads to be spread at Big Oaks. Just imagine, rain, snow, chicken manure and no xtra cost for feathers and mud !! I know Mt Airy fans have never smelt the sweet aroma of this combination. Great game experience

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I had a great idea that goes along with the Mud Bowl. You know farmers in the mountains spread chicken manure on their fields which is a great fertilizer and really makes their hay field grow come spring. I think it’s time for a couple of truck loads to be spread at Big Oaks. Just imagine, rain, snow, chicken manure and no xtra cost for feathers and mud !! I know Mt Airy fans have never smelt the sweet aroma of this combination. Great game experience
They do the same thing down here genius!

Well, if it does rain, the MA coaches will be treated pretty well. They will have an indoor coaches box with room for coaches and video camera. If I remember correctly, MA puts the visiting coaches on top of the pressbox in the weather.
Well they putting our Radio guys in the rain on our side in the stands. Robb doesn't even have a place for cheerleaders or the band. They have to stand on the 20 yard line sideline what a cracker jack box stadium!

Well they putting our Radio guys in the rain on our side in the stands. Robb doesn't even have a place for cheerleaders or the band. They have to stand on the 20 yard line sideline what a cracker jack box stadium!
They’ll get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT