ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

If we get to 125 we will have as many as the Cleveland county thread on 3a. Biggest thread on preps.

Yeah but that's been going on all year. Let's take the cake! Come on Mayberrians! You can do it. Keep it going all night all the Robbinsvillians sleep

So I hear there is some snake handling churches in the Robbinsville area. Is that true. Just kidding. Lol. Now about this weeks ball game. Wish I could be there. One of intriguing matchups of the week for me. Best of luck to both teams. I’m looking forward to hearing how this one turns out.

Reactions: sbbbfan
in 70s and 80s MA had 5,000-7,000 people and Graham County was the same, Graham County is a county school and MA a city school. Only HS evre in Graham county was and is Robbinsville. Surry County had and has 4 HSs. N surry, E Surry, S Central, MA and Elkin. MA/ELKIN city schools. All these schools in 70s early 80s had under LOW NUMBERS and played up in 3A. tHEY ALL COULD PLAYED IN 1a but petitioned state to play up as 1A WAS watered down and most the 1A teams were up in the western mountains. My info is from someone who lived there then and is an Historian.
The Surry schools would have not been 1A. There was a large amount of smaller schools that consolidated in the mid to late 1980’s that played in 2A. Well over a dozen, probably closer to two dozen, 2A schools in the early 1980’s are no longer in existence. There were a lot of small town schools with 300-400 students especially in the Sandhills and Plains areas.

The classifications were not divided out evenly until mid 1980’s realignment. If it were four evenly divided classes prior the Surry schools would not have all been 1A schools and not sure any would have been. There were split conferences in the 1970’s forward. If all five of the Surry schools were 2A I would expect a 2A/3A split in the nine team Northwestern as there were conferences with less than four schools from a classification. The reason to play up was due to lack of equal sized schools to make up a conference but that does not appear to have been the case.

To piss off both fan bases, if the classes were evenly divided prior to the 1985-86 realignment Robbinsville would not have as many titles as they do. The 1981 alignment had about 25 or just above football playing schools.

The playoffs in early to mid 1960’s ended with four sectional champions in the smaller classes then went to two regional champions in the late 1960’s. The NCHSAA does not list those as state champions.

Last edited:
75% chance of rain Friday
Well, if it does rain, the MA coaches will be treated pretty well. They will have an indoor coaches box with room for coaches and video camera. If I remember correctly, MA puts the visiting coaches on top of the pressbox in the weather.

From reading the post from above it is gonna be amazing to be able to watch a team that is so good with such outstanding linebackers with all that football savvy as I think it was called. I see why we are such big underdogs, man to hear all the mountain people talk I don’t know how you lost to RG and sounds like us and Tarboro might as well settle for just being on same field as you all. Wow I didn’t realize how good you guys really are. Lol

Now for reality this coming Friday you will see some linebackers that are really tough, strong, nasty and fast. And the fact is you will have just seen them probably run down the field to score on offense. I been telling people all year we are super fast from sideline to sideline with our linebackers and no one believes it till they experience it. Now I heard from an East surry fan that you all take pride in opening big holes in the middle to run through, well Friday you will be introduced to number 71 who by the way is a sophomore. So good luck on that plan. I can’t wait to get to the Big Oaks

From reading the post from above it is gonna be amazing to be able to watch a team that is so good with such outstanding linebackers with all that football savvy as I think it was called. I see why we are such big underdogs, man to hear all the mountain people talk I don’t know how you lost to RG and sounds like us and Tarboro might as well settle for just being on same field as you all. Wow I didn’t realize how good you guys really are. Lol
when someone praises another team and gives them credit for something it does not mean that they are disrespecting your team, I don't understand why you get your feelings hurt when someone gives accolades to another team other than yours

What Robbinsville poster on here has been talking up our linebackers? I’m pretty sure most people have been from opposing teams that have commented.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Now for reality this coming Friday you will see some linebackers that are really tough, strong, nasty and fast. And the fact is you will have just seen them probably run down the field to score on offense. I been telling people all year we are super fast from sideline to sideline with our linebackers and no one believes it till they experience it. Now I heard from an East surry fan that you all take pride in opening big holes in the middle to run through, well Friday you will be introduced to number 71 who by the way is a sophomore. So good luck on that plan. I can’t wait to get to the Big Oaks
Dang y’all sound like the Georgia Bulldogs. What an experience to see the MA Buildogs play at little ole Oaks Stadium.

Now calm down. You have been doing pretty good and now you’re going bipolar again. Take your meds and regroup
It's crazy. I know for sure that there is some good people up around Mt. Airy, but only Otis and Ernest T. show up on here. Come on here drunk, mad, and throwing rocks. Hoping deputy fife comes along and "nips it in the bud". Lol

They're too busy setting up crap in all the tailgating spots to keep Buzz n' crew from tailgating.
When I went by I seen old campers, side by sides, 4 wheelers and what looked to be the Motor Home of the Phillips that they would park at the game right outside the end zone fence in the 70’s. Tailgating 70 style

Reactions: curtiscummings1
The Surry schools would have not been 1A. There was a large amount of smaller schools that consolidated in the mid to late 1980’s that played in 2A. Well over a dozen, probably closer to two dozen, 2A schools in the early 1980’s are no longer in existence. There were a lot of small town schools with 300-400 students especially in the Sandhills and Plains areas.

The classifications were not divided out evenly until mid 1980’s realignment. If it were four evenly divided classes prior the Surry schools would not have all been 1A schools and not sure any would have been. There were split conferences in the 1970’s forward. If all five of the Surry schools were 2A I would expect a 2A/3A split in the nine team Northwestern as there were conferences with less than four schools from a classification. The reason to play up was due to lack of equal sized schools to make up a conference but that does not appear to have been the case.

To piss off both fan bases, if the classes were evenly divided prior to the 1985-86 realignment Robbinsville would not have as many titles as they do. The 1981 alignment had about 25 or just above football playing schools.

The playoffs in early to mid 1960’s ended with four sectional champions in the smaller classes then went to two regional champions in the late 1960’s. The NCHSAA does not list those as state champions.
Lots of good info but I have a ? You said NCHSAA does not list those as state champions but if you go to the NCHSAA website it list State Champions all the way back to 1913. They do list co champions on the website. They have regional champions listed some years because that’s as far as they could advance according to the NCHSAA website.

when someone praises another team and gives them credit for something it does not mean that they are disrespecting your team, I don't understand why you get your feelings hurt when someone gives accolades to another team other than yours
I never said we were disrespected at all. I merely did what the others did and talked about our linebackers. I am sure they are the best 2 linebackers in the SMC but there are more teams outside of the SMC. Trust me no one’s feelings is hurt from MA we know what we bringing Friday night and can’t wait. Check with me like 10 pm Friday and see whose feelings is hurt.

I never said we were disrespected at all. I merely did what the others did and talked about our linebackers. I am sure they are the best 2 linebackers in the SMC but there are more teams outside of the SMC. Trust me no one’s feelings is hurt from MA we know what we bringing Friday night and can’t wait. Check with me like 10 pm Friday and see whose feelings is hurt.
The only people that are going to get their feeling hurt are you and your buddy posters. Y’all have talked Mt Airy up so much that if you lose, we won’t even hear from y’all after the game. All of us from Robbinsville have kept a level head for the most part. Heck we’ve barely even posted on this thread.

I will be glad to eat crow and congratulate you if you all win. I am just very confident in this MA team. So I will always talk that way and I have heard you all talk all year about how good you are and that is the way it should be. Same here. We have taken care of whoever is in front of us all year long and even back to last year after East surry That also includes two mountain teams this playoff. So we look forward to the challenge of the best the SMC has to offer. But don’t get me wrong if you all win I will be the first to eat crow and congratulate you. Hope you don’t vanish if what we say is true.

I will be glad to eat crow and congratulate you if you all win. I am just very confident in this MA team. So I will always talk that way and I have heard you all talk all year about how good you are and that is the way it should be. Same here. We have taken care of whoever is in front of us all year long and even back to last year after East surry That also includes two mountain teams this playoff. So we look forward to the challenge of the best the SMC has to offer. But don’t get me wrong if you all win I will be the first to eat crow and congratulate you. Hope you don’t vanish if what we say is true.
Are you gonna be at this little tailgate in the parking lot too? Am I gonna have to look for you in buzz’s hip pocket or is he gonna be in yours?

The only people that are going to get their feeling hurt are you and your buddy posters. Y’all have talked Mt Airy up so much that if you lose, we won’t even hear from y’all after the game. All of us from Robbinsville have kept a level head for the most part. Heck we’ve barely even posted on this thread.
Wickedsticks we are confident and it gets backed up every single Friday night. So we are the defending state champions and until you take that away from us you are gonna hear about it. So there it is there is one way to shut us up. BEARS ARE COMING!!!!!!

It's crazy. I know for sure that there is some good people up around Mt. Airy, but only Otis and Ernest T. show up on here. Come on here drunk, mad, and throwing rocks. Hoping deputy fife comes along and "nips it in the bud". Lol
Part of the reason for that is because those are the posters you guys are responding to and for some reason I still can't understand then turn around and throw rocks back at them or urge them on and act like, 'Why is this happening, I don't understand you guys'. That's why folks like thekidd and taraboro fans are sitting back watching the monkeys throw feces at each other.

Dang y’all sound like the Georgia Bulldogs. What an experience to see the MA Buildogs play at little ole Oaks Stadium.

When I went by I seen old campers, side by sides, 4 wheelers and what looked to be the Motor Home of the Phillips that they would park at the game right outside the end zone fence in the 70’s. Tailgating 70 style
For example

Reactions: Bearmod1
Part of the reason for that is because those are the posters you guys are responding to and for some reason I still can't understand then turn around and throw rocks back at them or urge them on and act like, 'Why is this happening, I don't understand you guys'. That's why folks like thekidd and taraboro fans are sitting back watching the monkeys throw feces at each other.
Rex why don’t you come on by and say hey to us monkeys. Would love to shake your hand. I guarantee you will not find a bigger supporter over the last 40 years than me. You should watch how you catergorize people that is throwing rocks just as bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT