ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Jum Bob:

Sleehrat84

Nov 8, 2001
Thank you for your delightful insight into my sincere questions regarding the possible return of many retired coaches to the high school sidelines. I appreciate you pointing out that the Affordable Care Act was passed 8 years ago. Although the thread was closed, my intent was not political, nor was it about the ACA.

The new tax legislation was passed 27 days ago. That legislation changed the mandate portion of the 8 year old law you spoke of. Yes, you are right. I should ask the school system I work for about questions like this, but since I work in SC as a "double dipper"......) It was suggested by someone else that I contact the school systems one by one,but having friends (in coaching and retired) scattered from Murphy to Manteo.... I simply thought someone out there might have some input.

In the future, I will keep my personal questions off of this Holy Ground. I appreciate you helping me see the light. Nipitinthebud changed to Sleehrat about 2004. I have enjoyed this site over the years. and I wish it much success.

Good night Gracie.

Sleehrat84,

I spoke with a retired principal from a large system yesterday, he is sat out his 6 months required time and is an assistant principal at a HS currently. He said that no coaching supplement in NC should come close to effecting your retirement status with the state. He told me he couldn’t tell me the exact percentage that you have to meet, but there is a limit and once you reach that dollar, you are consider full time by state and your state health benefits could be affected. Now I am not sure of his retirement salary as a 30 teacher and principal in the state,(last 5years as a principal) but he did tell me he could are $42,000 as a VP per year and would have to quit for the year to continue his benefits.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Sleehrat84,

You are always welcomed here. I know this a great place for current and former coaches to ask questions. I had no problem with the question asked.

Reactions: OptionFreak
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT