ADVERTISEMENT

MPC Week 10

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
North Davidson vs Central Davidson
Oak Grove vs Montgomery Central
Asheboro vs Ledford

Showdown time. Central comes to North for the biggest game between these two since both were last 3A in the late 90s. Central has grounded and pounded teams into submission all year, and will look to continue to do so. They did get in a couple of big passes in their win against Ledford, so ND may have to watch out for that as well.

North has had a resurgence the last few weeks since conference began and when on point the offense can be explosive. The main key to me in this game is how well the two scout teams prepare their respective defenses. North likes to spread it out, Central likes to play in a phone booth. Whoever plays better defense will win... This game decides at least a share of the conference title, so no reason for anyone to be sluggish or apathetic on either side.

Oak Grove scored a big win last week and should have little trouble keeping pace in the standings for a playoff berth. MC still seems to be a work in progress.

Ledford will probably be pissed after their heartbreaking defeat to OG. Asheboro will bear the brunt of that and wait until the last week for another possible win.

Reactions: SCRballer
North Davidson vs Central Davidson
Oak Grove vs Montgomery Central
Asheboro vs Ledford

Showdown time. Central comes to North for the biggest game between these two since both were last 3A in the late 90s. Central has grounded and pounded teams into submission all year, and will look to continue to do so. They did get in a couple of big passes in their win against Ledford, so ND may have to watch out for that as well.

North has had a resurgence the last few weeks since conference began and when on point the offense can be explosive. The main key to me in this game is how well the two scout teams prepare their respective defenses. North likes to spread it out, Central likes to play in a phone booth. Whoever plays better defense will win... This game decides at least a share of the conference title, so no reason for anyone to be sluggish or apathetic on either side.

Oak Grove scored a big win last week and should have little trouble keeping pace in the standings for a playoff berth. MC still seems to be a work in progress.

Ledford will probably be pissed after their heartbreaking defeat to OG. Asheboro will bear the brunt of that and wait until the last week for another possible win.
You're right. There is only one game of interest in the MPC this week. North vs Central. I'm very interested to see how it plays out. I think North wins. I say this for two reasons. First, North's Defensive line is pretty impressive. Whatever Central does in the backfield better happen quickly, because those horses are coming.
Secondly, yes, Central beat Ledford... So they have one win against a decent team. But as I saw last Friday, Ledford is prone to making some mistakes that can cost them a victory.

Montgomery Central ought to be better. They combined the two high schools prior to opening the new building in order to get rid of some of those growing pains. I don't think that worked as seamlessly as they'd hoped. The coaching change, although it could pay off someday, clearly hasn't yet.

I'm not familiar with Asheboro. Haven't paid much attention to them since they were last on North Davidson's schedule about 4 years ago. What is happening over there? They looked athletic when I saw them play earlier this year, but they played aimlessly, almost without direction.

The playoffs berths are going to be interesting this year. I have no clue how many wild cards are available in the West, but the MPC ought to get one. Someone decent is going to get left out otherwise.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
You're right. There is only one game of interest in the MPC this week. North vs Central. I'm very interested to see how it plays out. I think North wins. I say this for two reasons. First, North's Defensive line is pretty impressive. Whatever Central does in the backfield better happen quickly, because those horses are coming.
Secondly, yes, Central beat Ledford... So they have one win against a decent team. But as I saw last Friday, Ledford is prone to making some mistakes that can cost them a victory.

Montgomery Central ought to be better. They combined the two high schools prior to opening the new building in order to get rid of some of those growing pains. I don't think that worked as seamlessly as they'd hoped. The coaching change, although it could pay off someday, clearly hasn't yet.

I'm not familiar with Asheboro. Haven't paid much attention to them since they were last on North Davidson's schedule about 4 years ago. What is happening over there? They looked athletic when I saw them play earlier this year, but they played aimlessly, almost without direction.

The playoffs berths are going to be interesting this year. I have no clue how many wild cards are available in the West, but the MPC ought to get one. Someone decent is going to get left out otherwise.
CD is more athletic than in years past and has a hard system to prepare for. Teams struggle to know who has the ball and that is the advantage they gain in that double wing. They overwhelm teams early and get a big lead and are good enough on defense to hold on and win most games. ND is making a nice run again, but is no better than a round or two playoff team. Penalties continue to plaugue them as usual with stupid stuff. Ledford is struggling at times but can still compete and win more than they lose. The Panthers have some quality players but no one that can take over a game against a real good team. OG is solid once again but will not make it very far if they make the playoffs. Not enouhg horse in the stable over there. They have a ton of kids, but only 22 can play so all those warm bodies give them no advantage come playoff time.
M Central runs an odd offense that does not produce points and they are bad. Asheboro continues to underperform year after year with a lineup of athletic, big kids and supposed good coaching. CD wins the league and all of them lose out by round three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT