ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs Draughn Western 1A Finals

These days I see a lot teams with big lineman and sometimes the there's smaller guys who are actually better blockers or tacklers. Mitchell had 6 lineman this year that was 6'3" 220-250+ the biggest a sophomore 6'4" 284 but a 6'1" guy was probably the best lineman one year a 5'10" boy was Mitchell's lineman of the year. Good blocking technique ,knowing how to come off a block good instinct speed etc. I've seen huge lineman who came straight out of their stance and couldn't block a much smaller guy and on D they'd to that same thing and be slower than Christmas.
Draughn was slow on the line and stood straight up. The problem was they were so big and wide you couldn’t get around them giving their Qb all the time he needed. I know nothing about MA so I don’t know how they matchup in size and speed on the line

He hasn't played Mt airy this year they are fixing to face a really good quick defensive unit we are not Thomasville Bear D will get after you
Sounds good. The problem is when the blitz comes the 2nd level opens up as well as screens. I don’t think anyone has mentioned how well the TEs catch for us. Thomasville, Mitchell, and Andrew’s have all tried the blitz at first but have been picked apart on the short game.

I can’t imagine seeing a line much bigger than what we saw at eastern Randolph Friday night, That was as physical football game that I’ve watched in quiet sometime. I felt like the quickness up front was a huge difference for the bears. Looked like the bears wore the wildcats down late 3rd early 4th. I like the bears chances against the wildcats. I expect a great game, an atmosphere that’s static. I keep hearing all this talk about what draughn brings to the table and what not, very little talk about what bears are about — which is a lot . I think the bears defense is more than ready for the draughn equation. Question is has draughn seen a defense and an offense in hats as good as what the bears bring to the table? Multiple threats on offense. Is the draughn qb as good or better than folger boaz? Dula is explosive but what else is there to help dula and qb ?

Mt.Airy wont face a better QB this year than Boaz. Draughns Qb played well making plays under pressure..but MA's speed will force pressure while not giving him time to locate options. Andrews D gave him to much time and too many options...he could have taken off several times with his legs to put even more pressure on Andrews D. My score prediction Mt.Airy 40 Draugh 17.

Draughn was slow on the line and stood straight up. The problem was they were so big and wide you couldn’t get around them giving their Qb all the time he needed. I know nothing about MA so I don’t know how they matchup in size and speed on the line
We will find out Friday night. One team is going to be surprised and I hope it is Draughn. Both teams got by, Mount Airy the #1 team ER, and Draughn got by the #2 team Andrews. So it is going to be a great game. Is it Friday yet, LOL

Ik it's not last year but he sure got sacked last time these two played. Draughn gets turn around of the year in the way they have much improved

I can’t imagine seeing a line much bigger than what we saw at eastern Randolph Friday night, That was as physical football game that I’ve watched in quiet sometime. I felt like the quickness up front was a huge difference for the bears. Looked like the bears wore the wildcats down late 3rd early 4th. I like the bears chances against the wildcats. I expect a great game, an atmosphere that’s static. I keep hearing all this talk about what draughn brings to the table and what not, very little talk about what bears are about — which is a lot . I think the bears defense is more than ready for the draughn equation. Question is has draughn seen a defense and an offense in hats as good as what the bears bring to the table? Multiple threats on offense. Is the draughn qb as good or better than folger boaz? Dula is explosive but what else is there to help dula and qb ?
Draughn has 2 RBs. The other one has 16 or 17 TDs on the year. There are more weapons that were not needed to be used vs Andrew’s

Ik it's not last year but he sure got sacked last time these two played. Draughn gets turn around of the year in the way they have much improved
I agree. You have to look at this season and realize it’s not the same team. Thomasville was the only close game this fall for them. (Not mentioning the loss to EB ) lol

Reactions: buzzcoach
EB game week 3 was a loss in OT. Shouldn’t of happened and stars aligned for them to win. Dula was hurt that game and we beat ourselves just.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
I seen that Draughn lost to 3-7 East Burke 28-27 in OT early in the season. Anyone know what happened to Draughn in that game.

I seen that Draughn lost to 3-7 East Burke 28-27 in OT early in the season. Anyone know what happened to Draughn in that game.
Our Rb was out until week 5. We came in as if we would walk through the game like a cakewalk and got our asses beat. Nobody outside of thomasville has come close since then. Keep in mind our last 2 games have been on the road 2.5 hours away each time.
#2 Andrew’s included 😂

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I am saying that a gang of us will be tailgating before the game come rain or shine. We will be their for Da Bears. And this is from a former City Manager of Valdese which in my opinion is one of the greatest little towns in the world. Right along with Mt Airy.

In my 4 years there, the water plant was doubled in size, the sewer plant was also, and the downtown renovations were started and completed, and the greatest Mayor ever, The Honorable C. C. Long, presided over the town. Rutherford College was incorporated and McGallard Falls was saved from being destroyed by a planned sewer outfall line was designed to go right through it. I took the Mayor and Mayor Pro Temp Ed Pascal out to it and we agreed the outfall line would have to be moved. And it was. The grant money to help make the falls a park was approved.

The Town Hall and Police/Fire department was expanded as well. A great and progressive time it was.

Our Rb was out until week 5. We came in as if we would walk through the game like a cakewalk and got our asses beat. Nobody outside of thomasville has come close since then. Keep in mind our last 2 games have been on the road 2.5 hours away each time.
#2 Andrew’s included 😂
MA #25 and few other starters were out East Surry game. Was still 14-12 game against at time #2 team in 2A. One player out against 3-7 team you should still win. That's why I say Dula is one to stop.

If Mt Airy played East Surry that close then I don't think this will be much of a game. No way Draughn is as good as Boaz and East Surry(who would probably win the state championship if they were 1A). I don't expect a tough game until they meet Tarboro in the championship. Mt Airy by 2-3 tds.

Tarboro is not a given this year. Even they will tell ya. But i believe MA will match up better with them.. but hey They are Tarboro.

Reactions: NCBBFB
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT