ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville (0-0) at Hough (1-0)

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
Blue Devils look to kick off their campaign with a short trip down to Cornelius to take on rival Hough. Hough got their season going last week, with a 7-0 win over Hopewell.

I watched most of that Hough Hopewell game.... what I will say is do not be fooled by that score. Hough still has the talent to be in that top tier. I think a lot of that was a combination of lousy weather, rough field conditions, week 1 rust, a new OC, and still trying to find a groove post Pryor era. Given the weather, I thought their play calling was a bit curious at times. But those are very easy self correctable things.

As far as this week, I have no clue. We performed well in our scrimmage, beating West Forsyth. But we are extremely inexperienced this year. I think something like 3returning starters on offense. About the same on defense. A new coaching staff/system. We have 3 pretty good QBs, 1 SR then 2 under classmen.... idk where we go in that regard either. So I think it’s extremely unpredictable.... I think we have the talent to spring an “upset”... but at the same time I think we are just as capable of getting smoked. Lol.What are y’all’s thoughts?

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
This is the last season for Mooresville being in the same conference with Hough. Mooresville needs to make the best of it going out on a bang with a win. Possibly they could see each other again in the future playoffs after this season. As for the game I believe we will see where both teams stand at. I’m holding on my judgment call as to who wins. It’s definitely going to be interesting.

Last edited:
This is the last season for Mooresville being in the same conference with Hough. Mooresville needs to make the best of it going out on a bang with a win. Possibly they could see each other again in the future playoffs after this season. As for the game I believe we will see where both teams stand at. I’m holding on my judgment call as to who wins. It’s definitely going to be interesting.
They will absolutely be on our non conference schedule, I can confirm that

Thanks Devil06. I wasn’t even thinking about them playing each other in a non conference game. I’m glad they will still be playing each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Lmao mannnnn. When will y’all Mooresville people get enough of these beat downs your take to us year in and year out. Mooresville so desperately wants to be relevant, but you can’t even come close to backing up the smack talk, every year. Maybe one day you’ll get over the hump, but until then.... back up. You ain’t on our level, or Hopewells level for that matter.

Lmao mannnnn. When will y’all Mooresville people get enough of these beat downs your take to us year in and year out. Mooresville so desperately wants to be relevant, but you can’t even come close to backing up the smack talk, every year. Maybe one day you’ll get over the hump, but until then.... back up. You ain’t on our level, or Hopewells level for that matter.

1 word describes Hough : OVERRATED- You have all these D1 prospects and say y’all going be the best team in the Imeck year in n out and y’all should make a deep runs in the playoff but yet underperformed every single time!

So Idk what one is worse trying to be relevant or being overrated every year ?

1 word describes Hough : OVERRATED- You have all these D1 prospects and say y’all going be the best team in the Imeck year in n out and y’all should make a deep runs in the playoff but yet underperformed every single time!

So Idk what one is worse trying to be relevant or being overrated every year ?

Three words describe Mooresville, “Not even rated”. Maybe you guys will be better than a .500 team when you leave the Imeck. But enjoy your inflated winning seasons in a weak conference, only to be one and done every Year in the playoffs when you play a real football team.
Good luck this week though, you’ll need it. Vances JV could smoke your varsity.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Three words describe Mooresville, “Not even rated”. Maybe you guys will be better than a .500 team when you leave the Imeck. But enjoy your inflated winning seasons in a weak conference, only to be one and done every Year in the playoffs when you play a real football team.

And Hough going lose Vance too so I guess Hough/Mooresville is not so much different after all...... I rather not be rated at all n then be rated #2 in all NC and get your ass knocked out in 2nd rounds so I mean it is what it is. Like I said OVER RATED

[QUOTE="HuskyFan19, post: 649680, member: 16963"
[/QUOTE]

Vance JV could beat some varsity teams they that legit so that not something new.

And Hough going lose Vance too so I guess Hough/Mooresville is not so much different after all...... I rather not be rated at all n then be rated #2 in all NC and get your ass knocked out in 2nd rounds so I mean it is what it is. Like I said OVER RATED

may least we relevant lol. When’s the last time Mooresville was relevant? The 70s?

may least we relevant lol. When’s the last time Mooresville was relevant? The 70s?
Lmao Relevant- I mean when y’all recruit players all over NC , Have 20+ D1 Prospects on the team , I hope you are Relevant but yet y’all have Nothing to show for it so I mean Nothing show for it is just a bad as not being relevant or whatever

But sorry I don’t have time for Bulletin Warrior who knows absolutely nothing on what Relevance mean because You yet to be relevant where it matters - No one is worried about Hough in playoff and no one worried to play y’all in playoffs but you are OVERRATED every year and haven’t DONE nothing last 5-10 seasons - Oh didn’t Mooresville kill Hough first 2 game of this rivalry because y’all didn’t have no damn talent then so Go keep recruiting because that The ONLY WAY y’all stay Relevant but I don’t see y’all winning anything Any time soon!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT