ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell at Robbinsville

Finally saw some film today on this years Mitchell team..that quarterback spends an awful lot of time in the backfield hesitating,waiting on blocks before he runs. Very bad idea against Robbinsville. There lineman are lightning fast. This could get ugly fast.
Robbinsville 28
Mitchell 7

I’m picking Mitchell to pull off the upset tomorrow.... don’t have a score and don’t matter as long as they have 1 more point when the clock ends. This has been a very entertaining thread to read .... some of y’all have problems and I don’t think a therapist would help either LoL

I just hope our game doesn't get stuck with the head ref from canton like we did in the Murphy game. Most of all I hated it for our kicker whos trying to get into college. Because of those refs he got cheated out of an FG that would've help. Atleast they admitted they was wrong. No reason not to know basic rules.

Last edited:
However, he's a sophomore and gonna cause lots of trouble the next couple of years
He's a stud, he'll be big time as an upperclassmen if Andrews can give him adequate blocking. I'm thinking Andrews takes a slight step back this fall with what they graduate but their 2022 team will be the best or 2nd best team they've had in 25 years.

Last edited:
He's a stud, he'll be big time as an upperclassmen if Andrews can give him adequate blocking. I'm thinking Andrews takes a slight step back this fall with what they graduate but their 2022 team will be the best or 2nd best team they've had in 25 years.
We need your prediction tonight Mdfan!?

Here is the paper match

Mitchell

280.3 rushing yards per game
100.4 passing yards per game
380.7 total yards per game
7.6 yards per carry
16.7 yards per receiption
234 total points for
70 total points against
33.42 points per game for
10 points per game against

59 tackles per game
41 tackles for loss
5 sacks
7 interceptions
7 fumble recoveries
3 pick 6's
1 blocked punt
1 fumble returned for td

average opponent rank: 193

Robbinsville

249.6 rushing yards per game
83.8 passing yards per game
333.4 total yards per game
5.4 yards per carry
16.3 yards per receiption
296 total points for
115 total points against
37 points per game for
14.34 points against

55.6 tackles per game
45 tackles for loss
17 sacks
13 interceptions
13 fumble recoveries
0 pick 6's
1 blocked FG
2 fumbles returned for td

average opponent rank: 227

Reactions: CherokeeKid
See where Andrews top running back had 277 yds against Elkin. He had less than 30 yds against the Knights. However, he's a sophomore and gonna cause lots of trouble the next couple of years
Andrews Wilson also had 170 yards against Elkin but for some reason wasn’t on the list !! And I’m sure D. Martin had over 10 tackles. He almost had 10 in 1st half. Of course ACT makes mistakes they had Murphy Qb being for Pisgah

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Robbinsville had about 4 games where they could have hung 70 had they wanted too. So I’d say this matchup is about as even as it gets offensively... Defensively, edge to Robbinsville.
Yeah through the first 6 games the starters were gone midway through the 2nd quarter

Reactions: Emmasdaddy1
Well fellers, only 3 hours of work left then time to get ready and hit the road and start toward Robbinsville.
Good luck to all WNC teams tonight. Really like seeing Mountain teams represent. Granted several will have a tough road to hoe this week.

Go Mountaineers
Safe travels

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Robbinsville had about 4 games where they could have hung 70 had they wanted too. So I’d say this matchup is about as even as it gets offensively... Defensively, edge to Robbinsville.
Interesting view. Mitchell played tougher competition, and held them to fewer points than Robbinsville. I would actually give the offensive nod to Robbinsville and the defensive nod to Mitchell. Like everyone has already said, whoever win at the line will win the game.

They also gave both Andrew's running backs an extra 200 yds during off week.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT