ADVERTISEMENT

Our Kids

Mr. Rutledge

May 28, 2022
As a parent, it breaks my heart to see my child's dreams and hard work being controlled by archaic laws in North Carolina. How is it fair that parents are denied the right to decide if their child can participate in the NIL process? This is a blatant disregard for their future and autonomy. It's time for NC to catch up with the rest of the country and give our kids the opportunity they deserve.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
As a parent, it breaks my heart to see my child's dreams and hard work being controlled by archaic laws in North Carolina. How is it fair that parents are denied the right to decide if their child can participate in the NIL process? This is a blatant disregard for their future and autonomy. It's time for NC to catch up with the rest of the country and give our kids the opportunity they deserve.
You're joking right? Is your kid 18 yet? You want them to give you that money until he's 18 or she's 18? What kind of shitbag hole did you live in that you think high school kids should get Nil. Or what kind of hole are you living under that you think college kids deserve it. They don't deserve NIL money what they deserve is to get paid. Revenues from the school. Best you remember 10 years ago college sports were amateur 5 years ago really. What you going to have now is salesman coaching football. Thought you do in college basketball. You're going to have people like the guy from Clinton that went to Marlboro county. Charlatans. Now maybe you're just a rabble-rouser like the dude from Charlotte Catholic supposedly. These day tripping is a priest because he wants to forget about all the kids he slept with. I think he goes by II. This is ruining amateur sports just like AAU has for basketball. Fortunately for us football fans because of the nature of the sport. And the fact that you got to be a tough son of a bitch to play it . I ain't talking about flag football. I'm talking about football the last vestige of ball sack left in sports except for wrestling. Nobody could do anything because you got to be a man to play in the NFL a man a 21-year-old can't hardly make it. But now we just ruin fundamentals we go where the money is Coach don't got to work on fundamentals Coach just got to get them paid. I hope Mr Rutledge that you are being tongue in cheek. Or maybe you really are just a dumb shit. Oh there's plenty out there that feel like you. And you son of a bitches are ruining high school football.

Last edited:
Child's dreams? Who has a child that dreamed of getting NIL money in high school. This is very new and outside of top tier players ain't nobody paying high school kids.
Thank you. Either he is being tongue in cheek. Or he's a dumbass and what's wrong with amateur sports particularly high school sports. So he can control the money for his under 18-year-old child. I bet they never see that money

Thank you. Either he is being tongue in cheek. Or he's a dumbass and what's wrong with amateur sports particularly high school sports. So he can control the money for his under 18-year-old child. I bet they never see that money
Was gonna sit this one out, but oh well. How do you feel about private schools getting NIL and public not getting it? Several high profile public to private in NC recently. 4 and possible 5 star recruits. You think NIL and privates actively recruiting them don't matter? Yes parents are trying to get paid and get their children paid with NIL.

Child's dreams? Who has a child that dreamed of getting NIL money in high school. This is very new and outside of top tier players ain't nobody paying high school kids.
Think you would be surprised. Several of the recent top players in the area wanted NIL. Hollywood had an icee named after him that sold well, showtime slim at NM was a bonified HS superstar, Samari Matthews had a website ready for the NIL ruling. Those guys at Weddington? The Dudley guys? Most won't get more than $100 or nothing but some are very marketable.

Reactions: beamer24
Well when you have the best coach in college football history quitting because some punk safety walked in and said how much are you going to pay me next year. Something's wrong. I was hoping that high school football could withstand that. Look what college basketball is now with one and done. Zero fundamentals. The most talented teams not winning because they haven't learned the fundamentals. They don't learn them in AAU. All they do is play games they don't get coached. They get their egos massaged. The only good thing about it is the NFL is still a man's game. And a 20-year-old who thinks he's all that is going to get his ass ended to him when he gets to the NFL.

As much as I dislike NIL, the transfer portal, and whatever new thing that comes along taking the pure game away if NC don’t make a quick decision it is going to cost NC. NC needs to decide to be a leader in high school sports for once.

Think you would be surprised. Several of the recent top players in the area wanted NIL. Hollywood had an icee named after him that sold well, showtime slim at NM was a bonified HS superstar, Samari Matthews had a website ready for the NIL ruling. Those guys at Weddington? The Dudley guys? Most won't get more than $100 or nothing but some are very marketable.
I get that I'm just saying these kids haven't been looking forward to this for years. It's all new and eventually the publics will allow it. It will probably go through the courts.

I certainly understood wanting it
What I don't get is how some HS DB would have any value to move product for a business. Hollywood Slushie?? You have got to he kidding.

What I don't get is how some HS DB would have any value to move product for a business. Hollywood Slushie?? You have got to he kidding.
What if they had this stuff back when we we came through

Im telling yall now there woulda been a Shelby Lion Cheeto or Sundrop or something with my likeness on it... HA HA HA....

Some HS players are irrelevant, some are good, and some are legendary. Brian Knuckles, Chris Leak, Keith Matkins, Nick Maddox, Michael Waddell, Zamir White, Julius Peppers, Mohammed Massaquoi, Hendon Hooker, Elijah Hood, Hollywood Smothers, Todd Gurley, TA McClendon, Tre Harbison, Drake Maye, Joe Cox, Jamar Bryant.

Just some off the top of my head and I couldn't think of one defensive player in think would be marketable. Most are offensive skill Especially QB.

Th

Some HS players are irrelevant, some are good, and some are legendary. Brian Knuckles, Chris Leak, Keith Matkins, Nick Maddox, Michael Waddell, Zamir White, Julius Peppers, Mohammed Massaquoi, Hendon Hooker, Elijah Hood, Hollywood Smothers, Todd Gurley, TA McClendon, Tre Harbison, Drake Maye, Joe Cox, Jamar Bryant.

Just some off the top of my head and I couldn't think of one defensive player in think would be marketable. Most are offensive skill Especially QB.

Th
I think I might have Jaire in there but outside of Knuckles and Julius I saw everyone play. I can't imagine buying anything with their likeness on it.

I think you might add LJ smith in there as well

I think I might have Jaire in there but outside of Knuckles and Julius I saw everyone play. I can't imagine buying anything with their likeness on it.

I think you might add LJ smith in there as well
You might not, but guarantee their fan bases would have. We also looking at them years later vs. During the peaks. Jaire was not a big name in HS. Started at WC as freshman and soph before going to RR. Reminds me of Garrett Williams at HR. Two great dbs that never really got the HS press they deserved. Both ended up in the NFL and a more popular now than HS or college. Two great people

You might not, but guarantee their fan bases would have. We also looking at them years later vs. During the peaks. Jaire was not a big name in HS. Started at WC as freshman and soph before going to RR. Reminds me of Garrett Williams at HR. Two great dbs that never really got the HS press they deserved. Both ended up in the NFL and a more popular now than HS or college. Two great people
I would think if NIL ever did get approved in NC public schools the smaller communities would have a distinct advantage. Kid like JSam had an incredible year but you had Hood and several other in Meck County that pulled attention. Kid like Zamir owns the entire area in Laurenburg.

Reading all of these posts on this site on the various boards from different posters show that the majority do not truly understand what NIL really is or stands for. Posters are confusing NIL which is Name, Image, Likeness with Collectives, Directives, and a school outright paying a student athlete.
NIL- is basically the means or ability to financially capitalize from your name, image, and likeness being used.
Collectives- are entities that are separate from the actual school that is usually comprised of alumni, businesses, boosters, and donations that are used under the NIL to facilitate deals for student athletes.
Directives- Individual athlete deals with a business or brand that pays a student athlete for marketing influence so that brand can sell more product hopefully.
NIL just allow the student athlete to earn money with Collectives and Directives. The catch with Directives that many aren’t understanding with high school athletes is that you have to be at least 18yrs old to sign a legally binding contract in this country which is the part that hurts the Directives part of NIL for most high school student athletes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT