ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell at Robbinsville

Seriously though, the sandbagging is getting old. Idk why we arent allowed to conversate over who's team is better, and why, like everyone else. If Robbinsville did have all these injuries, y'all would be quiet as church nice on here. I've already stated my opinions on the matchup, how bout some comparison from a Robbinsville perspective?

Seriously though, the sandbagging is getting old. Idk why we arent allowed to conversate over who's team is better, and why, like everyone else. If Robbinsville did have all these injuries, y'all would be quiet as church nice on here. I've already stated my opinions on the matchup, how bout some comparison from a Robbinsville perspective?
As far as injuries go, I don’t know where they are getting their information, but it isn’t right. I’ve heard from multiple people that Robbinsville will be without 1 possibly 2 players. One in which hasn’t played for a while now. As far as my perspective, I feel as if Mitchell plays into Robbinsvilles strength. I feel like Mitchell is going to have to throw to win the game. Robbinsville stops the run very very well. I also feel as if Robbinsville will move the ball pretty normally against Mitchell. About like they did Murphy.

As far as injuries go, I don’t know where they are getting their information, but it isn’t right. I’ve heard from multiple people that Robbinsville will be without 1 possibly 2 players. One in which hasn’t played for a while now. As far as my perspective, I feel as if Mitchell plays into Robbinsvilles strength. I feel like Mitchell is going to have to throw to win the game. Robbinsville stops the run very very well. I also feel as if Robbinsville will move the ball pretty normally against Mitchell. About like they did Murphy.
I get my info from a reliable source. As far as perspective about the game goes.. Robbinsville will have to move the ball some in the air, Mitchell will have 8-9 in the box all night. Our run defense has been great all year and don’t see them just lining up and running it on Robbinsville at will, they will have to move the ball in the air which the have the capability to do so, they have 2 WR’s that can take it to the house. Gonna be a tight game. Mitchell is just as physical as Robbinsville.

Well that's more like it. Now let me ask this: What power run game has Robbinsville faced this season that makes you think that they will completely contain Mitchell on the ground? Who's rushing attack would you think is comparable to Mitchell's? Also, who's defense would you say would be stronger than the Mountaineers, that Robbinsville will just move ball around?

Well that's more like it. Now let me ask this: What power run game has Robbinsville faced this season that makes you think that they will completely contain Mitchell on the ground? Who's rushing attack would you think is comparable to Mitchell's? Also, who's defense would you say would be stronger than the Mountaineers, that Robbinsville will just move ball around.
Any team that Robbinsville has faced has not ran the ball productively on them, Murphy had 85 yards rushing, 45 or so came on one play in the 3rd quarter on a whiffed tackle. Not saying that Mitchell won’t run the football, but I don’t believe that they will just line up run it wherever they want to. As far as Robbinsville moving the ball... Mitchell will have to completely shut down Collins, he’s a game changer. I don’t know who Mitchell has really played with a defensive front 7 like Robbinsville, I may be wrong. With all that said If the kids that are questionable this week don’t play, Mitchell will be hosting Western Regional next week

Any team that Robbinsville has faced has not ran the ball productively on them, Murphy had 85 yards rushing, 45 or so came on one play in the 3rd quarter on a whiffed tackle. Not saying that Mitchell won’t run the football, but I don’t believe that they will just line up run it wherever they want to. As far as Robbinsville moving the ball... Mitchell will have to completely shut down Collins, he’s a game changer. I don’t know who Mitchell has really played with a defensive front 7 like Robbinsville, I may be wrong. With all that said If the kids that are questionable this week don’t play, Mitchell will be hosting Western Regional next week
Heritage has a defensive front as good or better than Robbinsville

You’re starting to sound like mbdfan

Mitchell has a mental block when they face the top SMC teams. For some reason they always seem to lose to the top tier SMC teams in the playoffs.

Until they overcome this mental block they will continue to lose to the SMC

Mitchell has a mental block when they face the top SMC teams. For some reason they always seem to lose to the top tier SMC teams in the playoffs.

Until they overcome this mental block they will continue to lose to the SMC
I'm gonna disagree here. I think Mitchell has a mental block with Murphy. They dispatched an 11 win Swain last season, and defeated Robbinsville handily in 2017 (yes I know that was a down year for Robbinsville). Your argument could be made with the 2017 Cherokee game, but I believe that to be an anomaly. Mitchell had played, and thoroughly thumped Cherokee at least once a season for 5 years prior. With Murphy going 1aa that year, and everyone harping that it was Mitchell's to lose, I believe they did not take the game seriously, and they were embarrassed at home. The times that Mitchell was bounced by a SMC team in the playoffs were 2011 Swain (28-21), very evenly matched, but Swain scored last. 2016 Murphy (38-13) Murphy was the better team no doubt. 2017 Cherokee (42-28) as discussed above. 2018 Murphy (33-29) Mitchell had a 4th quarter lead, 2 td's called back, and Murphy showed the heart of a champion and came back in the 4th. The teams were evenly matched that year, and the game was played as such. All this being said, Mitchell can most definitely win this game, but Robbinsville can too. I see the teams as even on paper, but Robbinsville is at home, so it will be an uphill battle for the Mountaineers.

I don’t believe the mental block talk of the top tier SMC. The kids for Mitchell have never faced a top tier SMC team. That is null and void of truth. I don’t know who will win but that’s stupid

I don’t believe the mental block talk of the top tier SMC. The kids for Mitchell have never faced a top tier SMC team. That’s is null and void of truth. I don’t know who will win but that’s stupid
2018 Murphy and 2011 Swain were pretty elite.

Well this worked once this year so here is my prediction on the outcome. A lot of smoke has been blown this week, a lot of sandbagging has taken place. I would think both teams will be about the same as far as health concerns this week. Both will be missing a key player or two. Both will have a couple banged Up but will play.

Robbinsville IS the favorite in this one. Regardless of location, conference, BK13T, or anything else. Robbinsville is the defending champ with 23 straight wins. They have the tradition, experience, an outstanding front 7, the QB with all the wins. So while Mitchell has a punchers chance, the odds are against them. A Mitchell win would be an upset anyway you look at it. In the end it very well could be a comfortable 2-4 score win for the home team. Don’t think this one will/would have anything to do with a mental block.

Extremely proud of the Mountaineers and looking forward to the drive over but, (forgive me Mitchell fans, but I must speak my mind) in my opinion.....

Rville by 16

You did it once this year Mountaineers, please prove me wrong again.

Go Mountaineers

Your telling us a school with 500 kids with a team that blew out Mt Heritage, beat Statesville and Forest Hills is the underdog against one of the smallest 1A teams in the state? Not to mention being ranked higher than Robbinsville ALL year

I don't think so.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I would say a Mitchell team, that including me, everyone thought would do nothing and have a down year against the defending state champs who returned quite a bit from that team....Mitchell is definitely the underdog at Big Oaks. I think they can win though because they have proven me wrong all year about having nothing. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Your telling us a school with 500 kids with a team that blew out Mt Heritage, beat Statesville and Forest Hills is the underdog against one of the smallest 1A teams in the state? Not to mention being ranked higher than Robbinsville ALL year

I don't think so.
Yep and everyone from Rville who says otherwise is continuing to sandbag. Every Robbinsville fan on here has sung their praises up until this week now it is poor little ol me. We have no chance. We should be playing against some middle school. Well no one is buying what your selling.

Go Mountaineers

Yep and everyone from Rville who says otherwise is continuing to sandbag. Every Robbinsville fan on here has sung their praises up until this week now it is poor little ol me. We have no chance. We should be playing against some middle school. Well no one is buying what your selling.

Go Mountaineers
We have sung their praises...but we haven't faced a team like Mitchell and no matter what Wicked Stix is saying, this team is as banged up as they have ever been in the last 2 years..and that's a fact. Trust me. I know. Just saying on paper Mitchell should be the favorite.
Do I still think Robbinsville wins?
Yes..this team is relentless...and they are as mean as they come..and they refuse to lose..I have doubted them before but I'm always proven wrong.

Reactions: wncbowhunter

Go Mountaineers
A couple of the Mitchell posters started this sandbagging garbage...imo both teams are good and this should be a good match up. Hope the Black Knights win and certainly think they could. I'm sure when honestly speaking, that the Mitchell fans feel good about winning.

I did see Hooper get injured last week and he missed a few series. When he came back he was limping quite a bit, but he showed what kind of kids Robbinsville has. Kids who play for love of the game, pride in school and pride in community, just like Mitchell. So based on that I would expect him and his teammates to play at full strength. It should be a good game and I hope Mitchell wins.

Well this really really sucks. I messaged Fyntv on Facebook messenger and asked if they were going to broadcast the game and this was their response...

No. We applied and the State didn't approve our request. We are very disappointed and don't understand why. We not broadcast the game.

Last edited:
Well maybe rville not sandbagging. 6 starters out, this games over before it even starts.

I think justagame.com might still do it.
$10 though.
If not the radio probably will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT