ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell at Robbinsville

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
I'm going say up front if Mitchell wins congrats. I'm not blaming injuries because that is part of the football season.(leave that to mbdfan lol)
Luck plays a big part also. Good luck to both.

I see two similar teams I believe it will come down the lineman and who wins the battle in the trenches. My concerns about Mitchell is which Mitchell comes to play the one that beat Mtn Heritage or the one that played Forest Hill and the first half against Avery, they looked more themselves in the second half against Avery. If Mitchell plays to the potential of their talent then I believe it should be a good ballgame I don't really seeing ether team winning more then 14 points and probably a 7 point game but after this weekend I'm not sure of anything but that Robbinsville is hard place to win.

Last edited:
no skin in the game but I've watched both teams play this year I think Mitchell has a better team than robbinsville , but I also saw a better team than robbinsville lose to them last night the will to win is impressive and Mitchell will have to keep hammering all 4 quarters to come away with a win cause they ain't gonna give them up easy , just the way I see it , it's gonna be a real game I'm looking forward to it !!

WSP was a very talented team, but I would not say they are better than Robbinsville. They have some great athletes though. I think Robbinsville played the worst weve played all season. We were fortunate to win against a team we should have put away in the first half. Hopefully this close call will get our boys focused and back on track.

no skin in the game but I've watched both teams play this year I think Mitchell has a better team than robbinsville , but I also saw a better team than robbinsville lose to them last night the will to win is impressive and Mitchell will have to keep hammering all 4 quarters to come away with a win cause they ain't gonna give them up easy , just the way I see it , it's gonna be a real game I'm looking forward to it !!
Just want to say that this one of the most impressive sentences I've ever seen. That is all.

Reactions: BK13T-$
This would have been a heck of a matchup last year had Mitchell been 1a, and it’s a heck of a matchup this year too. If the game were played on a neutral field I would have Robbinsville as a slight favorite, maybe 1 or 2 points. At the Big Oaks, I’ve got Robbinsville by about 7. I would pick Mitchell if they had home field advantage.

Robbinsville 28
Mitchell 21
Sorry but Mitchell won’t score 3 times on Rville if they are healthy

Reactions: f-ball-ace
What’s up with all the if Robbinsville is healthy read where Hooper is dinged up on here. Who else is injured for the them. The way some of these posts sound it’s numerous players. Injuries play a key role at any level just look at the super bowl this year or NBA finals a few years back when Durant and Thompson get hurt. Hard to say much about game till you know who is playing and who’s not

Not a dog in the fight, but I think Mitchell wins this game. They beat Statesville and they had a good, solid year in a tough conference. Is Robbinsville showing game on NFHS? Sounds like a big game for both teams. Good luck

• Haha
What’s up with all the if Robbinsville is healthy read where Hooper is dinged up on here. Who else is injured for the them. The way some of these posts sound it’s numerous players. Injuries play a key role at any level just look at the super bowl this year or NBA finals a few years back when Durant and Thompson get hurt. Hard to say much about game till you know who is playing and who’s not

We can really say that now can we.

Mitchell by 11 any Mitchell poster who says otherwise is stupid, our kids look at this crap I truly believe we'll win if we don't I'll eat crow but tell it the way you see it dont sandbag I've called it all year and I have not been wrong yet knock on wood, I had the honor of coaching these young men including my own son for a couple of years and know what they're capable of Mitchell 35 Robbinsville 24

This won't be the only time Mitchell has played that is run first eat the clock, pass when you have too then play good D team. Mtn Heritage has been that type of team ever since Joey has been there.
Mitchell, Robbinsville, Mtn Heritage and Murphy are similar in that way but Mitchell 100 yards passing 280 rushing per game and Robbinsville 91 passing and 249 rushing I believe are more balanced.
Mitchell has good receivers especially two of them and as mentioned serval times it will depend on the time the QB has, just my opinion and I guess (Lord willing) I'll find out Friday night but I believe this will be the best line that Robbinsville has faced and that's surprising for me to think considering they were a question mark coming in since they graduated every starting lineman from last year, but these young men have really stepped up.

Mitchell by 11 any Mitchell poster who says otherwise is stupid, our kids look at this crap I truly believe we'll win if we don't I'll eat crow but tell it the way you see it dont sandbag I've called it all year and I have not been wrong yet knock on wood, I had the honor of coaching these young men including my own son for a couple of years and know what they're capable of Mitchell 35 Robbinsville 24

Mitchell may win but they won’t score 35 points at the Big Oaks Friday night.

Reactions: Swain97 and BK13T-$
You have coached normal football players my friend..they coach football champions at Robbinsville..BIG difference. You have no idea what your in for if Robbinsville is healthy

Reactions: W1LDCAT003
I don't believe he was the starter on offense but rotated in a lot but I may be wrong but yes ether way he does have experience as far as that goes
#50 didn't dress out Friday night but the radio announcers said they believe it was just precautionary and just making sure he would be okay for this game , I hope that's correct

If Mitchell drops 35 on Robbinsville's defense you can go ahead and hand them the 1A trophy no questions asked.

Mitchell may very well win this game (have no idea who will win, havent watched enough Mitchell to say) but I'd be shocked if you scored 35 on Robbinsville's D if they have most of their starters available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT