ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell at Robbinsville

You have coached normal football players my friend..they coach football champions at Robbinsville..BIG difference. You have no idea what your in for if Robbinsville is healthy
Don’t mean a hill a beans bud. SMC has my respect and rightfully so, but I also coached these kids when they were in Rec league . I also believe they are a special group. They all put their pants on the same way. Can’t wait till Friday.

If Mitchell drops 35 on Robbinsville's defense you can go ahead and hand them the 1A trophy no questions asked.

Mitchell may very well win this game (have no idea who will win, havent watched enough Mitchell to say) but I'd be shocked if you scored 35 on Robbinsville's D if they have most of their starters available.
That said I'd be surprised ether team giving up 35 points.. average points allowed Mitchell 10 Robbinsville 14

Reactions: Mhsneer
Mitchell may win but they won’t score 35 points at the Big Oaks Friday night.

You have coached normal football players my friend..they coach football champions at Robbinsville..BIG difference. You have no idea what your in for if Robbinsville is healthy
You’re blowing smoke now. Y’all missed our best team. Our best team played in the 1aa state championship in 15. They would’ve won the 1a state championship. Wsp put up 40 on robbinsville. Statesville put a 0 on the board against us. Forest hills 0 against us. Those are two teams with every bit the athletes as wsp. I think both teams respect each other. Robbinsville is the man defending state champion. They are the favorites. We will show up and match them lick for lick. Should be a game where both teams lay some heavy wood. Didn’t swain come to Mitchell and find out maroonsmoke? Swain hasn’t done anything since Cherokee players started staying at Cherokee.

You’re blowing smoke now. Y’all missed our best team. Our best team played in the 1aa state championship in 15. They would’ve won the 1a state championship. Wsp put up 40 on robbinsville. Statesville put a 0 on the board against us. Forest hills 0 against us. Those are two teams with every bit the athletes as wsp. I think both teams respect each other. Robbinsville is the man defending state champion. They are the favorites. We will show up and match them lick for lick. Should be a game where both teams lay some heavy wood. Didn’t swain come to Mitchell and find out maroonsmoke? Swain hasn’t done anything since Cherokee players started staying at Cherokee.

We’re talking about 2 different things. I never said anything about rvills offense. IMO they’re not on the same level as last year. I just stated that I don’t believe Mitchell rolls up into Graham county and drops 35 points. Mitchell’s offense isn’t WSPs. I’m not saying Mitchell doesn’t win, never said that but Mitchell plays a different style of offense than WSP.

Here is the Bowhunters take. Robbinsville is the favorite in this game. 23 straight and defending champs at home. Yeah no way to convince me otherwise. Both teams seem to be pretty banged up, who is available and who is not will play a huge role Friday night. Mitchell has not faced a front 7 as good as Robbinsville. Will Mitchell be able to do something no one else has and run the ball constantly? I don’t know. Will Mitchell be able to slow the power running game of Robbinsville, again I don’t know. If the Mitchell line can give time Mitchell should be able to pass some but will it be enough? Again.... Collins will be a key, obviously.

Will Robbinsville be able to pick up their 3-5–15 yards per carry? I don’t know.

Mitchell will have to come out of the gate stronger than they have the past few games or it will be over before it starts.

Do I think either team will put up more than 28, not really. As far as predicting a winner, well not yet. But it s VERY VERY difficult to go into Robbinsville and come out a winner. As I said against Heritage, to be the man....

Either way I will be extremely happy to say that the Mountaineers have overachieved this year’s expectations. Just hope both teams play a great game and no one else is injured.

So I guess what I am saying is, while I might think I know what will happen, it truly doesn’t matter because I have no real clue. How is that for an opinion!!!

Go Mountaineers

This one will likely be ugly. There won't be fireworks like friday night. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will move on. If it comes down to a field goal, gotta give the nod to Robbinsville. Mitchell's kicker is probably good to 35 or so, much more and I'm not sure about the accuracy. Otherwise, they match up pretty similar. Mobile QB who can pound or throw, hard nosed runner who has open field speed, powerback who can truck thru tackles, linebacker core full of headhunters, and solid, good blocking lines. Hard to judge Robbinsville's secondary's coverage against WSP, they ran the 5 wide to near perfection. Mitchell has seen the spread already, and covered it better IMO, so I might give the nod to Mitchell for pass protection. I would hazard a guess that Robbinsville's team speed is a hair faster than Mitchell's, but Mitchell isn't slow this year. I'm excited, and hope that both teams are 100%, or as close as possible, and both teams come out healthy for the next round.

We’re talking about 2 different things. I never said anything about rvills offense. IMO they’re not on the same level as last year. I just stated that I don’t believe Mitchell rolls up into Graham county and drops 35 points. Mitchell’s offense isn’t WSPs. I’m not saying Mitchell doesn’t win, never said that but Mitchell plays a different style of offense than WSP.
Agreed was more responding to swain dude

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Robbinsville will be without one starting position atleast but he has been our for a few weeks so weve had time to adjust hopefully. We could be without 7 starting positions but likely not that many.

I dont have any inside info. I'm just going by what I seen in the games.

Last edited:
So what are the injuries? Care to tell lol? I know y'all had 2 linemen out, and Hooper got banged up, but still played. Is Hooper g2g? I'd like to see the kid in person, he is fun to watch.

Reactions: Mhsneer
If Mitchell drops 35 on Robbinsville's defense you can go ahead and hand them the 1A trophy no questions asked.

Mitchell may very well win this game (have no idea who will win, havent watched enough Mitchell to say) but I'd be shocked if you scored 35 on Robbinsville's D if they have most of their starters available.
Considering a flatland prep team hung 40+ on em who knows what will happen? Like I said I called it all year I will eat crow if I'm wrong, no problem you guys dodged us last year, and by the way East Surry put a running clock on WSM, just a thought for the mighty Black Nights

Robbinsville will be without one starting position atleast but he has been our for a few weeks so weve had time to adjust hopefully. We could be without 7 starting positions but likely not that many.

I dont have any inside info. I'm just going by what I seen in the games.
Possibly 6

First time to chime in this year. What people don’t understand , this is not the same Robbinsville team we saw from the end of the 1st quarter vs Murphy till now. We lost our starting center on the OL and the week before a 3 year starting lineman on offense and defense! The young men that replaced them have done a great job and will continue to give us 100% every play. But it changes things . I think you try to blend your running backs skills with what your line does best . Replace 40 to 60 % of anyone’s starting line and watch the play calling and game plans change. Is Robbinsville better or worse than before ??? Let’s say we have a lot less experience than before but the kids playing will play their tail off I do know that. Regardless of the outcome please no more injuries. Some of these guys turn around in a few months and do it all over. Good luck both teams and safe travels to all the good people from Mitchell... Go Knights

No my friend I helped coach the kids that's playing fri night they are special and if it wasn't for this covid bs Robbinsville would be riding to Mitchell if you remember we lost the toss you'll see come fri

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
Considering a flatland prep team hung 40+ on em who knows what will happen? Like I said I called it all year I will eat crow if I'm wrong, no problem you guys dodged us last year, and by the way East Surry put a running clock on WSM, just a thought for the mighty Black Nights
Easy 1995, no need for billboard material. Robbinsville has 15 titles for a reason. It will be an uphill battle for the Mountaineers.

By the way Robbinsville
Hmm..I don't think they have any rodeos to my knowledge..How many state championships does Mitchell have? If Robbinsville doesn't take care of Mitchell, then Murphy will..its different over here hoss
Last time we played Robbinsville we won 45-25 no excuses this year if we lose I will eat crow these kids are hungry and basically have nothing to lose, cause like you said we're supposed to fri will tell the tale

Everyone is hung up on the WSP game. I didnt see a weak team almost win, I didnt see the favorites almost lose. I saw a team will itself to victory, which is what champions do. Robbinsville was outplayed most of the night, but they played on guts, and it played off. Mitchell doesn't need to get complacent, or we will see another 2017 folks...

Travis will have ours ready they will represent the WHC well I'm done arguing Fri cant get here fast enough I know about all that SMC pride and respect it but this ain't your typical Mitchell team gonna be a game that's for sure

You sandbagging on us Mountie? Should be a great game look forward to watching a matchup that I have personally never seen

I don't think he is. CTK was the one team that truly did not deserve to be in this paired down playoff, but watching that game I didn't see anything to make me think Mitchell has a chance. They will likely keep it within 2 or 3 scores, but no closer.

I don't think he is. CTK was the one team that truly did not deserve to be in this paired down playoff, but watching that game I didn't see anything to make me think Mitchell has a chance. They will likely keep it within 2 or 3 scores, but no closer.
Unless two teams have played the same team I really don't know how to say by watching them play totally different team people are so confident in outcomes maybe it's just a skill I don't have. I can see differences and similarities between them but especially in a shorten season until they play the skill level is hard to tell ,then you throw in injuries , even a good coach can make a poor game plan or bad decision during the game, turnovers, special teams like a unexpected return for a TD on a punt or kickoff etc a lot of variables. Now if I was going to judge Mitchell from a game it probably won't be a game were some main starters didn't even bother to dress out, I would watch the Mtn Heritage game to me that's the level they'll have to play to win or be in this game. But I'm glad everyone on both sides seems to be certain of the outcome of this game, I believe Robbinsville is a really good team but I do believe Mitchell does have the talent to keep up with them that said I haven't a clue what's going to happen Friday night.

Travis will have ours ready they will represent the WHC well I'm done arguing Fri cant get here fast enough I know about all that SMC pride and respect it but this ain't your typical Mitchell team gonna be a game that's for sure
I’d say we’re the typical Mitchell team well coached, bought in and overachieving. I don’t think you can take the wsp game as a good gauge of this game. This will be won by whoever contains the opposing teams run game. Both defenses are stout. I think a big key to our chances are getting the ball out fast and hitting slants and screens. I don’t think we will run robbinsville over. I think if we get our athletes in space we got a punchers chance. I do believe robbinsville is the best team we’ve played since heritage. Probably a lot like heritage. It’ll take a great effort from defense and some robbinsville mistakes.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Football is about matchups. This game will feature strength vs strength. It will come down to who can break whose will. I think it will be a close game. Turnovers will likely prove the difference. Should be a great game. I will be watching providing it’s streamed like Robbinsville was last Friday

These people that are trying to take the WSP game and run with it don’t know much about football. Football is about matchups. Robbinsville did not matchup with WSP good at all. Mitchell plays into the strength of what Robbinsville try’s to do. Stop the run. Here’s the kicker though. Robbinsville is not bad against the pass. Ask Murphy. Even though Murphy threw for a td, they were pretty much held in check other than that. Where Robbinsville struggles is when you have a qb that’s mobile, keeps his eyes down field and a great receiving group like WSP had. Robbinsville wasn’t able to get pressure like they wanted to and in turn it allowed for more time for the qb and receivers to run correct routes. IF Robbinsville is able to get pressure when Mitchell throws, I think that’s the difference in the ball game. I would be very surprised if Mitchell has much success on the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT