ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell at Robbinsville

These people that are trying to take the WSP game and run with it don’t know much about football. Football is about matchups. Robbinsville did not matchup with WSP good at all. Mitchell plays into the strength of what Robbinsville try’s to do. Stop the run. Here’s the kicker though. Robbinsville is not bad against the pass. Ask Murphy. Even though Murphy threw for a td, they were pretty much held in check other than that. Where Robbinsville struggles is when you have a qb that’s mobile, keeps his eyes down field and a great receiving group like WSP had. Robbinsville wasn’t able to get pressure like they wanted to and in turn it allowed for more time for the qb and receivers to run correct routes. IF Robbinsville is able to get pressure when Mitchell throws, I think that’s the difference in the ball game. I would be very surprised if Mitchell has much success on the ground.
We will gain over 100 yards on the ground

We will gain over 100 yards on the ground
I think Mitchell will do fine on the ground, and move the ball thru the air as well. That being said, Robbinsville will also gets their's. While I feel Mitchell will be the best team Robbinsville has faced thus far, I don't know if I can say the Knights will be Mitchell's toughest opponent. Very possible, but Statesville and Mountain Heritage were both pretty strong. One thing I feel I can say with confidence though, is that both teams will be the most complete that the other has seen. Neither will bring something new or unexpected to the table. Both teams have seen strong lines, good passing attacks, team speed, and strong ground games, but I don't think either has seen it all from one opponent, until now. In a neutral site, I'd say flip a quarter, but being at Big Oaks, the home team gets a few points nod. Simmons allows 2 points, I say 6-7. So Mitchell will have to find a way to be a touchdown better, much like Swain in 2011, and Murphy in 2018, when both overcame 4th quarter deficits in Ledger against an evenly matched Mitchell. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Last week's Simmons had Mitchell 8 points better than Robbinsville..after the 1st round games I'm sure the deficit will be more

Reactions: BK13T-$
Mitchell is selling tickets to the game Wednesday & Thursday from 10am - 1pm at the high school. They stated that Mitchell will be allowed 400 fans ether thru the pre-ticket sale at the school or at the gate if not all the pre sale-tickets are sold. Looking at pass away games especially a playoff game that's probably I would guess about 500 to 600 less fans then would have went in normal times, Mitchell is definitely one of those schools you want to play at home because of how they travel I've seen many times during the regular season out numbering the home side crowd.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Folks are in line right now for game tickets at the HS. The line is huge already

I might get a ticket after all.
My moms in line.
Only 12 in front of her.

Folks are in line right now for game tickets at the HS. The line is huge already
Are they going by the state mandate of only 50% attendance allowed? Or did that go out the window? I assumed Mitchell being allotted by Robbinsville only 400 tickets is because of the state mandate. Of course I'd say most schools aren't doing 50-50 but probably 75% home 25% visitor , I don't know the capacity of Big Oaks is ,but like if it had been at Mitchell 50% capacity is 1,500 so they could allow 400 visitors and still have 1,100 home fans but that's just an advantage of having a home game

Last edited:
Are they going by the state mandate of only 50% attendance allowed? Or did that go out the window? I assumed Mitchell being allotted by Robbinsville only 400 tickets is because of the state mandate. Of course I'd say most schools aren't doing 50-50 but probably 75% home 25% visitor , I don't know the capacity of Big Oaks is ,but like if it had been at Mitchell 50% capacity is 1,500 so they could allow 400 visitors and still have 1,100 home fans but that's just an advantage of having a home game
This whole thing is bs reckon we will social distance lol. We filled up averys whole side. They aren’t paying much attention to covid to that I say go Vikings

This whole thing is bs reckon we will social distance lol. We filled up averys whole side. They aren’t paying much attention to covid to that I say go Vikings
Well I don't want to get into another covid and covid restrictions debate on here let's just say we probably wouldn't agree. But point is that some schools and I'm not accusing Robbinsville of doing this , but I can see some schools using the mandate as a excuse to limit visitor fans while packing their side 100% or more legitimately splitting it 75-25 instead of 50-50 for the home field advantage because the mandate just states 50% total occupancy so as the home team who can split that anyway you want, in that case that's just having the advantage of having a home game it's understandable you'd want more fans in a 50% occupancy on your home side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
No this isn't carolinapreps you cannot PM with paying monthly fees.

Don't say any of the kids names that are out . Keep it quiet until Friday, so we will have a chance to hang until half time, maybe.

Ofcouse one has been out for2.5 weeks and probably not coming back this year. I think its obviously ok to mention that one.

Well I don't want to get into another covid and covid restrictions debate on here let's just say we probably wouldn't agree. But point is that some schools and I'm not accusing Robbinsville of doing this , but I can see some schools using the mandate as a excuse to limit visitor fans while packing their side 100% or more legitimately splitting it 75-25 instead of 50-50 for the home field advantage because the mandate just states 50% total occupancy so as the home team who can split that anyway you want, in that case that's just having the advantage of having a home game it's understandable you'd want more fans in a 50% occupancy on your home side.
Our visitor bleachers are rated for 500 people. 400 is us being friendly😊

Mitchell is overrated , coach must be pulling strings thru the state to get them ranked up at 1 on max preps , It almost amusing but hey who cares I guess they probably finish second again .

Don’t know how the hell , Winston prep played that good but robbinsville has that we ain’t losin strength I pick robbinsville over Mitchell , I think elkin may be a little stronger than some think.

All BS aside, is there anywhere good to eat in or around Robbinsville? Food is my main concern the Sizzlin will wear off after a 3 hr ride, also one of you nice fellas bring a jar of the good stuff and hide it somewhere for sipping purposes, I've watched moonshiners LOL

Reactions: Mhsneer and BK13T-$
All BS aside, is there anywhere good to eat in or around Robbinsville? Food is my main concern the Sizzlin will wear off after a 3 hr ride, also one of you nice fellas bring a jar of the good stuff and hide it somewhere for sipping purposes, I've watched moonshiners LOL
"Lynn's Place" is very good eating in Robbinsville.

Wish you had a Western Sizzlin but I'll try this joint for luck I'll eat Sizzlin for lunch before I leave I think it's a key part of our success that and JDs stash

Reactions: Mhsneer
If we somehow pull out a win here fri, I'd tell anyone traveling up here from Murphy if they were to upset the 1 seed that is really something like an 8 seed to wait to eat till you get to Spruce Pine we have the best Western Sizzlin on the planet something to think about go Mountaineers go Bulldogs!

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT