ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam

Disagree. What about all the years prior to the last two aforementioned years, in regards to Lloyd and Kings Mountain? KM has been mediocre at best, and spare me the crap that they don't have the talent of a Shelby or Crest. They have plenty of talent there, year in and year out, and they are the largest school in Cleveland County. You guys know good and well if any coach had the level of productivity Lloyd has had at KM, at Shelby or Crest, he would have been gone, regardless of how nice a guy he is. Ware and Barnes caught hell after their first year, one year, but look at them now, and it's because of their success and productivity, what most good coaches are measured by.

This post was edited on 2/16 6:03 PM by Lion Attack

Vaild points. Valid points. I like him, think he is a good coach and a good man, but it's hard to disagree with some of that. It's different on this end of th County LA. Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad. He had a decision to make before Barnes got the job, maybe he made the correct one.

Not sure I can agree with the talent aspect. Only been a couple times in my lifetime that KM has been able to put a team on the field capable of competing physically with Crest.

Crest is Crest, bro. If someone was in need of an OC, he'd be the guy, no doubt, but don't every great OC make a good head coach, as evident of what we see in the NFL year in year out w/ coaching changes.

I like Lloyd a lot but its very easy to see he runs the 3rd best program in this County! I still cant believe how they got ran off the field in the playoffs!

Met him last season.....as good a dude as u will find....just down to earth and friendly ..but the km program was 3rd best last year and 4 th best the year before. Just un-natural to have that many injuries in a season or the last few seasons. But some things just happen. Bell has been hit a hundred times like he did against us and there goes the collar bone .

Heard Melton might come up from the Middle School to take over the offense if that happens I think Clark will be named HC

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Heard Melton might come up from the Middle School to take over the offense if that happens I think Clark will be named HC
I think it will be Clark, and I hope it is.

I haven't been on here in a while but I've enjoyed catching up reading these posts. I agree Lloyd gets a lot out of the talent he has and is a great coach and person. Since we are talking about getting the most out of the talent they have, what coach or coaches in Gaston county, get the most out of their talent? The talent pool there is spread thin to a degree at some places due to having so many high schools there. Cleveland county's only spread among 4. Just something to think about.

Well raider the population is alot bigger in gaston as well.... Probably double what cleveland is.

Populations:
Gaston County 210,000 - 10 High Schools
Cleveland County 97,000 - 4 High Schools

After Stuart Cramer absorbs South Point and if Cherryville and BC are merged, Gaston would have 8 high schools which will make their high school/population ratio more in line with Cleveland County schools.
Might help their football programs win a few more state titles.

What is that in rough numbers 3250 more people per HS area? Assuming 25 of those 3250 are the targeted, "right kind" of student athlete like *crest, CC and some other schools around bring in....oh sure it could mean a whole lot.

Bottom line- Gaston County has too many high schools. I wish they'd build onto/upgrade existing schools. If they'd drop Highland Tech as a HS...maybe make it a middle school again that'd be good. Be nice to see them abandon St. Cramer as if it were near Chernobyl and rebuild a HS where it's needed (north of 85 between EG and NG in a central location). I hope Cherryville and Bessemer City stay the same as they are. Eventually an increase in population will be back out there, slowly but surely.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by crestrulz:
LOL! No I'm not bitter. I simply told the truth about Shelby, and how they do things. You know it's true. SHS LION and me do this all the time. He gives as good as he gets, I don't feel sorry for him.

Why would I be bitter? We're the County Champs, SMAC Champs, State Champs. You want Tre gone like I said. He manhandles your defense, is that a lie? Shelby folks pissed and moaned about Beam, and he's gone. Is that a lie? Look where that New middle school is. Is that a lie? Look at that baseball stadium, is that a lie?

I didn't see you dispute any of it. I'm not bitter. Good job, beautiful wife, successful children. I watched 16 football games and we won them all. Bitter is something someone types when they have nothing else they can say 98.I have no idea who the next Crest coach will be, don't care. I simply typed Matt Beam, on purpose, and look what has transpired.

I did enjoy your work on the 4A board earlier. Classic.
Bitter? Rulz you would think he would know after reading your posts for the last ten years the difference between bitter and just being a asshole.
laugh.r191677.gif
I agree SHS, he's bitter by no means. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck it's probably an "Asshole"

Says the fool who's' scared to death. One day you'll slip up and I'll see you up close. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probaly a vagina, in a top hat.

You queer.

Originally posted by Lion Attack:
Crest, w/ their annual open door transfer thing, with all approvals and no "denieds", how can any Crest poster talk politics and about a good ole boy system?

This post was edited on 2/14 6:29 PM by Lion Attack
Lion Attack,
Can you name 1 transfer request from Crest, Burns or KM into Shelby High that has EVER been denied? Any sport?

Just weeks after the WR Briscoe kid was denied transfer to Crest, TWICE, 2 sisters transferred from KM to play soccer at Shelby while their younger sister continued to play for KM. I dont remember their last name but the younger sister, Selena played club soccer with my neice.

This is the way it has always been. Shelby Highs athletic teams have had out of district kids on their teams since the 60's and still do today. Given time, I could probably come up with a list of several ALL-STATE/ALL CONFERENCE players at Shelby that technically did not live in their school district. Nobody cried about it then on now unlike you guys when a kid comes to Crest.

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
Crest, w/ their annual open door transfer thing, with all approvals and no "denieds", how can any Crest poster talk politics and about a good ole boy system?

This post was edited on 2/14 6:29 PM by Lion Attack
Lion Attack,
Can you name 1 transfer request from Crest, Burns or KM into Shelby High that has EVER been denied? Any sport?

Just weeks after the WR Briscoe kid was denied transfer to Crest, TWICE, 2 sisters transferred from KM to play soccer at Shelby while their younger sister continued to play for KM. I dont remember their last name but the younger sister, Selena played club soccer with my neice.

This is the way it has always been. Shelby Highs athletic teams have had out of district kids on their teams since the 60's and still do today. Given time, I could probably come up with a list of several ALL-STATE/ALL CONFERENCE players at Shelby that technically did not live in their school district. Nobody cried about it then on now unlike you guys when a kid comes to Crest.
I believe there was a kid from Burns last year that was denied.

Bj hopper sure was not denied. Hunnell and the rest of those morons talk a big game about getting tough on athletic transfers but thats all it is.... Talk...now i will eat my words if he has to sit out a year.

BJ Hopper was always a Shelby kid, inner city born and raised, and a product of the city of Shelby's school system up until 1.5 years ago. He's just simply coming back.

This post was edited on 2/20 7:35 AM by Lion Attack

@I'maCrestfan, In regards to out of district kids attending SHS, it's no big deal to me at all, as long they had SHELBY addresses, because if it wasn'to for POLITICS, they should have been attending Shelby to begin with, and I'm betting that they lived in closer proximity to SHS to begin with, Shelby residents attending Shelby High School.

Cleveland County, in how it's zoned, is still screwed up til this very day, in my opinion. Take the Green Valley community on up to Ellis Rd and Leslie Dr for instance, they all attend Crest, but live significantly closer to SHS, Green Valley, practically a bicycle ride away. Again, Shelby has no business whatsoever being the smallest school in Cleveland County. For decades, Crest has benefitted from having a lot of players, great players, who should have attended Shelby, if it wasn't for, do I dare say it again, POLITICS, the primary reason this county is still poorly zoned, and a definite factor in why Shelby is 2A, along w/ you all's redundant rhetoric regarding inner city Shelby.

This post was edited on 2/20 7:29 AM by Lion Attack

Once again politics had nothing to do with Shelby's base moving away from the school. You can't force these people to not move away from the area and you will never have a truly fair zone due to the location of the schools. Crest and Shelby are close to each other so there is always going to be funky zones for attendance. Quit being a crybaby about it and be glad we let your school survive back in the 2000's.

LA- I know BJ attended middle school at Burns so lets go back at least 4 years on him. I like BJ and wish him well. He has spent time at the house and was always very polite and respectful but I know there were non football related issues at Burns.

Yeah, he left for BMS after the 7th grade from SMS. He's only a sophomore. 4 years ago, he was at SMS as a 6 grader, and he now attends Shelby for non football related issues. I'm sure you know better than I do. Some kids actually move due to economical reasons.

This post was edited on 2/20 9:55 AM by Lion Attack

@CC02, You guys did not let us do anything. We're Shelby!!!!! We're the namesake of this city, the county seat of Cleveland County. We were/are going to survive, regardless. Realistically though, you guys are "Shelby Crest" when you get down to the true essence of it. That's how those outside this county identify y'all. Word!!!!

This post was edited on 2/20 10:24 AM by Lion Attack

@CC02, You guys did not let us do anything. We're Shelby!!!!! We're the namesake of this city, the county seat of Cleveland County. We were/are going to survive, regardless. Realistically though, you guys are "Shelby Crest" when you get down to the true essence of it. That's how those outside this county identify y'all. Word!!!!

You have a point that Shelby High School is named after the city.

I'll be honest, if Crest did not exist, and Shelby High school was our only option (hypothetically speaking of course) I would purposely attend Chase.

Originally posted by crest91:

I'll be honest, if Crest did not exist, and Shelby High school was our only option (hypothetically speaking of course) I would purposely attend Chase.
Same here,I would go to Blacksburg High before I would go to Crest.

The city of Shelby? Is that the same as the metropolis of Hooterville?

This post was edited on 2/20 3:56 PM by seadog28

Originally posted by seadog28:
The city of Shelby? Is that the same as the metropolis of Hooterville?

This post was edited on 2/20 3:56 PM by seadog28
Not quite that big.

Seadog I know you aren't talking about cities when Belmonts richest define a great meal by whether or not pepper is included on their mayonnaise sandwiches

If YOUR SHELBY just play with what you got and win with what you always have won with. Stop begging for Green Valley, Ellis Road, Maple Valley, and Dew Drop(Roseborough Road)
If those kids wanted to play for Shelby they would transfer like everyone else.

What the hell you mean, Crestuff? All we do is win. I only referenced those places to illustrate how poorly zoned this county is. Fall back, pop tart.

Winning state titles in multiple sports w/ them homegrown inner city Shelby boys, and them country clubbers, dynamic situation. That's what makes Shelby High School unique.

This post was edited on 2/21 6:07 AM by Lion Attack

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:
Seadog I know you aren't talking about cities when Belmonts richest define a great meal by whether or not pepper is included on their mayonnaise sandwiches
laugh.r191677.gif

Winning state titles in multiple sports w/ them homegrown inner city Shelby boys, and them country clubbers, dynamic sutuation. That's what makes Shelby High School unique.

This post was edited on 2/20 9:40 PM by Lion Attack
Unique and State Champions.

They wouldn't want you there either. Why don't you simply move back into the city limits? You ran out of there as fast as you could. I don't blame you, but move back and support your community, the one you love with all your heart. Be unique with them. You are a product of the inner city, no? Why did you run? You should have made your stand in the community instead of bolting for Boiling Springs.
laugh.r191677.gif
............ You Clown!

Originally posted by crestrulz:

They wouldn't want you there either. Why don't you simply move back into the city limits? You ran out of there as fast as you could. I don't blame you, but move back and support your community, the one you love with all your heart. Be unique with them. You are a product of the inner city, no? Why did you run? You should have made your stand in the community instead of bolting for Boiling Springs.
laugh.r191677.gif
............ You Clown!
We moved to Boiling Springs 25 years ago and it was nothing to do with the school system.We simply wanted to build a affordable house.We have since moved from that neighborhood that still houses 4 Shelby High teachers and a former head coach at Shelby and all five are die hard Golden Lions.It is not where you live but what is in your heart.

SHS,

When rulz was on board the ship in the Navy, he was not allowed to pull for Crest or UNC. Because of his geography, he had to pull for the Norfolk Neptunes and the USNA. It is what it is, man!

Originally posted by seadog28:
SHS,

When rulz was on board the ship in the Navy, he was not allowed to pull for Crest or UNC. Because of his geography, he had to pull for the Norfolk Neptunes and the USNA. It is what it is, man!
Thanks,I understand now.

As much as I hate to see it, Boiling Springs is only getting bigger, Some years down the road I can see Crest being 4A again.

I do hate one thing about Shelby, Burns, and Crest though...One day in June every year, I can't go into Boiling Springs for ANYTHING because all the schools decided they all want to graduate on the same freakin day at the same freakin place...It's just one day, but it always seems like it's the day I need groceries...
This post was edited on 2/22 2:15 AM by crest91

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT