ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam

Go Devils, If he's going to come here and tout the Creek as a bastion of academic royalty. They can't be on page 15 brother. Call me mundane, but that is a long way from page 1 to page 15, but what do I know, I went to Crest?

Sometimes it is all there for kids to take advantage of a lot of them do and some of them don't. Crest has sent many football players to the next level and will continue to do so, 1 year is not a fair comparison, but sometimes it's easy for a Mallard Creek fan to try to bring up academics when they watched that Crest defense and know in the bottom of their heart they wanted no part of it.

I wonder what happens in that mind when he figures out who is on page 1 and who is on page 15.

I thought I saw Shelby on page 15. Let's see..............(reading the list)............special ed............special ed.........yep there they are and a picture of 98Champion and Lion Attack growing tomatoes behind the fieldhouse.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
Admittedly my search was basic but I'm having trouble finding some of these guys on their respective college roster.

http://www.14news.com/story/20876765/signing-day-for-local-high-school-football-players

Seems like that would put that number 51 in a little perspective if half those guys are nowhere to be seen. Quite possible they gave up football and decided to focus on academics solely.
Not sure how you did your research.. let me help you and this is just off the top of my head.

Zach boyd- Don't know
A. Covington- Transferred to UNCC- still on roster
B. Fowler- Not sure
E. Henderson- still at WVW
Jay Horton- 2014 Roster at Ferrum
J. Jordan- Still at Citadel Started as Freshman
Tevin Lawshe- Roster UNCC expected to start this year
Kim Olige- I think I heard injury
Marquez North- All Sec Freshman team- still on roster
Brian Walker- Starting corner UNC
Omari Watson- Brevard- believe running track now

Lot of reasons a kid may not be on a roster. Academics is certainly one. Some choose not to play ball and concentrate on simple education. Financial reasons, injuries.

You took the time to investigate the Creek kids from one year. Tell ya what. Give me the status of the kids from Crest in 2012. Shouldn't take long
This post was edited on 3/3 4:35 PM by Blue and Gold22

That was an easy list to find. If you like we can look at all those 51 that you seem to be so proud of. Some of us would think simply pushing these unprepared kids to college and then leaving them saddled with debt back in Charlotte is not a good thing. Would make some think the priorities of the parents and boosters of the program is to simply fluff up their numbers and look impressive.

Other schools feel the need is to educate with hopes they will make their way onto a college campus.

As for 2012 Jonathan Bullard is still enrolled at Florida, Ledbetter is now at Southern University I believe and I couldn't tell you about the rest.

Minor edit Tommy Pettis still appears on the roster for UNC Pembroke and Dylan Hopper at Gardner Webb as well. Good for them as well.
This post was edited on 3/3 4:47 PM by crestcharger02

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
That was an easy list to find. If you like we can look at all those 51 that you seem to be so proud of. Some of us would think simply pushing these unprepared kids to college and then leaving them saddled with debt back in Charlotte is not a good thing. Would make some think the priorities of the parents and boosters of the program is to simply fluff up their numbers and look impressive.

Other schools feel the need is to educate with hopes they will make their way onto a college campus.

As for 2012 Jonathan Bullard is still enrolled at Florida, Ledbetter is now at Southern University I believe and I couldn't tell you about the rest.

Minor edit Tommy Pettis still appears on the roster for UNC Pembroke and Dylan Hopper at Gardner Webb as well. Good for them as well.

This post was edited on 3/3 4:47 PM by crestcharger02
This post was edited on 3/3 5:06 PM by Blue and Gold22

You know.. You guys are right. We should be celebrating those kids that have and will play at the next level and continue their education and not be focusing on the negative. I apologize for those remarks

Good luck to Bullard and Humphries in the upcoming drafts!!

we got two or three at Gardner-Webb right now.

One went to Clemson a couple years ago.

Reggie Wilkins went UNC.

Rickman Davis went and played at Wofford...

Rulz is right, the list goes on and on. Crest gives these kids plenty of chances to play at the next level...but they can't force a kid to do anything...

Travis Padgett could have been a great running back....he wanted to be a track star...and he was very good at it.

I like watching the commercial with Jaime Foxx and former Crest track and football player Manteo Mitchell !!

What about roseboro? I know he was highly recruited before his injury.... As best i can tell he had a great year.... Did he not sign? Not being a smartbutt....just curious?

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

You know.. You guys are right. We should be celebrating those kids that have and will play at the next level and continue their education and not be focusing on the negative. I apologize for those remarks

In other words
scared0018.r191677.gif

It was the 15th page wasn't it?.............
ashamed0002.r191677.gif

Perspective is sometimes a good thing.

Originally posted by crestrulz:

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

In other words
scared0018.r191677.gif

It was the 15th page wasn't it?.............
ashamed0002.r191677.gif

Perspective is sometimes a good thing.
No- Actually its not my nature to be negative towards the kids and while I think there is something a miss here I don't have a understanding of the Crest program like I do the Mallard Creek one so its best to be quiet. If you guys truly think the coaches at Mallard Creek are trying to falsely lure kids to colleges so they can pump up numbers then your even more delusional than I thought. They are tireless in their approach to not only winning football games but getting these kids a opportunity to play at the next level. Their results speak for themselves and you can look at rosters for former Creek kids all you would like but if you don't believe me go ask Fedora, Doeren, Fisher, Davis etc,etc. They set up shop at Mallard Creek.

I appreciate the passion and pride of the Crest and Shelby supporters. You guys think you had the best team in the state last year. Good for you....Mallard Creek does not have the years of tradition that exist at either school but has had a meteoric rise and now looks to establish itself as a national brand. They will play a national schedule next year which includes teams with 18 state titles at the highest levels in their states in the past 15 years.

Good luck to both Shelby and Crest

We don't believe they are being falsely lead to signing NLI. Just that aside from winning it isn't the sole focus of a program. This point gets brought up about Crest 2014 but what more can they ethically do?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT