ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Harbison posted on facebook today that hes gonna end his a career as a Charger. He also wishes people would stop approaching his family with these rumors! CHARGERNATION
Good for him

Originally posted by Blue and Gold22:

Harbison posted on facebook today that hes gonna end his a career as a Charger. He also wishes people would stop approaching his family with these rumors! CHARGERNATION
Good for him
Why would he lower himself to go to Mallard Creek? CHARGERNATION.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Good for him
Why would he lower himself to go to Mallard Creek? CHARGERNATION.
It would put him a lot closer to Boardwalk Billy's and the IKEA store.

Boardwalk Billy's is a legitimate reason...IKEA?.......not so much!

Contrary to Charger nation belief, Mallard Creek would be an upgrade:

Mallard Creek overall record 15-1 4AA state champion,12 student athletes scholarships. Crest overall record 16-0 3a state Champion, ZERO (0) student athletes scholarships. I GUESS CREST JUST HAD ATHLETES!

Mallard Creek

Vernon Grier - NC State, Football

Mahlon Medley - Tenn. State, Football

Amari Henderson - Wake Forest, Football

Travon Ricketts - Western Carolina, Football

Nafees Lyon - UNC - Charlotte, Football

Randy Suydam - UNC - Charlotte, Football

Marquise Gaddy - Winston Salem St., Football

Kyle Horton - Gardner Webb, Football

Jerome Brown - Winston Salem State, Football

Jarell Bright - Winston Salem State, Football

Kevin Manley - Winston Salem State, Football

Yusef Baskin - Mars Hill College, Football

C

What about Justin Foster, Aaron Ramseur, Tre Harbison, and several other players who will be college bound? They just happened to be under classmen who couldn't go to college because they didn't graduate high school this past year.

I'm sure you just didn't think of that or you could quite possibly be an ignorant dolt, either way I just made your post look moronic.

Mallard Creek might have scored 10 on us last year, but I doubt it.
This post was edited on 3/2 1:52 PM by crestrulz

Originally posted by BIGDOG NATION:
Don't take it personal this is business as usual for Mallard Creek.
Yeah it's a real shame Crest doesn't have any players on college rosters this year.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:

Don't take it personal this is business as usual for Mallard Creek.
Yeah it's a real shame Crest doesn't have any players on college rosters this year.
laugh.r191677.gif

College recruiters have an office and a conference room at Mallard Creek. After all we are the platinum standard for high school football.

College recruiters have an office and a conference room at Mallard Creek. After all we are the platinum standard for high school football.
Which makes it all the more amazing that they had time to drive out to Cleveland County and view Harbison and give him the 12 or so offers he already has.

I don't think getting football scholarship offers has been the issue for Crest football players. The problem is crest football players are winning on the football field and losing in the classroom. Yes, that is a reflection of your program. Our players are prepared academically to accept scholarships when offered. Top of the day to you, I will continue this conversation with you signing day 2016. I am sure both of our beloved high schools will have the same results LOL.

I don't think getting football scholarship offers has been the issue for Crest football players. The problem is crest football players are winning on the football field and losing in the classroom. Yes, that is a reflection of your program. Our players are prepared academically to accept scholarships when offered. Top of the day to you, I will continue this conversation with you signing day 2016. I am sure both of our beloved high schools will have the same results LOL.
I wish some of the smarter posters would try and come up with an alias from time to time.

Winston Salem State looks to have an office there for sure. That's big time college football right there.

You Crest boys wish you had Beam. I know he got four or five this year to sign with schools. Even with less skills he got kids to the college playing field. An indication of a coaches work ethic is what he does for those who don't return to the team the next year. Some coaches just have little appreciation of those who helped make them successful.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
You Crest boys wish you had Beam. I know he got four or five this year to sign with schools. Even with less skills he got kids to the college playing field. An indication of a coaches work ethic is what he does for those who don't return to the team the next year. Some coaches just have little appreciation of those who helped make them successful.
You keep him. Just tell him not to tread down here toward the south end, with that band of misfits. We'd maul them. BAD!

crestrulz posted on 3/2/2015...

What about Justin Foster, Aaron Ramseur, Tre Harbison, and several other players who will be college bound? They just happened to be under classmen who couldn't go to college because they didn't graduate high school this past year.

I'm sure you just didn't think of that or you could quite possibly be an ignorant dolt, either way I just made your post look moronic.

Exactly. Crest is pretty much returning the same team and in my honest opinion was the best team regardless of classification last season.

Originally posted by Lion Attack:

Exactly. Crest is pretty much returning the same team and in my honest opinion was the best team regardless of classification last season.
That would make the Lions the second best team.

You guys keep posting that stuff but both AD's had calls made to them and neither wanted anything to do with Mallard Creek . All it will ever be is message board nonsense.

What is documented fact is there is absolutely no comparison in the number of kids each year that Mallard Creek sends on to 4 year colleges versus Shelby or Crest. In fact much to my amazement despite having won two state titles between the two of you I cant find a single player off either squad who signed a LOI last month. ( possible I am missing someone) Mallard Creek averages 11 LOI's a year for the past 4 years. Some of those are to Florida, Tennessee and UNC and some to smaller institutions like Gardner-Webb and SC State.

This certainly isn't anything to do with talent as there is plenty of that so I can only assume its performance in the classroom that is lacking and that is terribly sad. The fact that you guys had to drop to your junior class to find someone who might go on to play in college and that your proud of that is astonishing.

Crestrulz- Yup ...Winston Salem State isn't Alabama but its a 4 year academic institution and a chance to play ball past high school. Multiple NFLers have come from the program and even if football isn't in the cards for those kids if they take care of business in the classroom like they did in high school they come out with a degree and a real chance at lifetime success. I will take that over hanging out in Cleveland County telling stories about the 2014 State title I won when I am 40.

You guys take a enormous amount of pride in the football played in Cleveland County and rightfully so but take shots at kids signing to play at 4 year colleges you don't think are football worthy?? SMH........

You guys keep posting that stuff but both AD's had calls made to them and neither wanted anything to do with Mallard Creek . All it will ever be is message board nonsense.

What is documented fact is there is absolutely no comparison in the number of kids each year that Mallard Creek sends on to 4 year colleges versus Shelby or Crest. In fact much to my amazement despite having won two state titles between the two of you I cant find a single player off either squad who signed a LOI last month. ( possible I am missing someone) Mallard Creek averages 11 LOI's a year for the past 4 years. Some of those are to Florida, Tennessee and UNC and some to smaller institutions like Gardner-Webb and SC State.

This certainly isn't anything to do with talent as there is plenty of that so I can only assume its performance in the classroom that is lacking and that is terribly sad. The fact that you guys had to drop to your junior class to find someone who might go on to play in college and that your proud of that is astonishing.

Crestrulz- Yup ...Winston Salem State isn't Alabama but its a 4 year academic institution and a chance to play ball past high school. Multiple NFLers have come from the program and even if football isn't in the cards for those kids if they take care of business in the classroom like they did in high school they come out with a degree and a real chance at lifetime success. I will take that over hanging out in Cleveland County telling stories about the 2014 State title I won when I am 40.

You guys take a enormous amount of pride in the football played in Cleveland County and rightfully so but take shots at kids signing to play at 4 year colleges you don't think are football worthy?? SMH........
Shelby did have 2 sign LOI's on signing day.Taking nothing away from MC but they do have what 2200 students and that does make a difference.With that said if you took Crest and Shelby and combined into one school they would still have less students but would absolute destroy Mallard Creek.

I enjoy posts like this from the MC guys knowing all the time one of their best and first great prospects is courtesy of Shelby.

I enjoy posts like this from the MC guys knowing all the time one of their best and first great prospects is courtesy of Shelby.
You will never hear me minimize the talent of the quality of the football played in Cleveland County. Its as good as anywhere in the state. Its when you guys start fantasizing about beating teams with 4 times the manpower or make fun of sending 4 kids to WSSU where I just laugh.

Could you combine the schools and win... That would be one hell of a school . That isn't happening though so its all just message board fantasy world stuff.

Congrats to the two kids from Shelby who did sign LOI's. CrestCharger2- How many did Crest have?

You already listed that off in your first post douche. Some guys didn't get things done in the classroom and will have to take a longer path to play college ball if they want to put in the work.

You already listed that off in your first post douche. Some guys didn't get things done in the classroom and will have to take a longer path to play college ball if they want to put in the work.
So two kids out of the entire county with two state titles were able to qualify academically to play at the next level. This is just a guess but between the two they had to have a dozen, maybe more that had the athletic talent to get it done.

Now... I wonder why enrollment continues to slide and families want to move their kids into better situations?

Hard to know who to blame. Parents, kids, coaches, teachers, administration...probably plenty to go around. Makes me wonder if the fan base was just as concerned with kids getting college degrees as they seem to be about whether their football team could compete with bigger schools if that would make a difference??

Oh well I am sure the trophies look nice in the case 20 years from now.

"Let me tell ya we could have beaten Mallard creek back in the day".....

So two kids out of the entire county with two state titles were able to qualify academically to play at the next level. This is just a guess but between the two they had to have a dozen, maybe more that had the athletic talent to get it done.

Now... I wonder why enrollment continues to slide and families want to move their kids into better situations?

Hard to know who to blame. Parents, kids, coaches, teachers, administration...probably plenty to go around. Makes me wonder if the fan base was just as concerned with kids getting college degrees as they seem to be about whether their football team could compete with bigger schools if that would make a difference??

Something that isn't unique to Cleveland County and is happening all over the state.

Not sure how serious all those are about getting the college degree. A number of the players listed ended up at WS State a program that has plenty of players that couldn't hack it at bigger universities or just didn't have the grades to get in. Given the incredibly low standard for qualification to make it would make me wonder just how serious they are about obtaining any college degree.

The last point may prove true. Crazy thing about Charlotte is that things seem to shift and programs don't stay relevant through time. Which is why Harding and West Charlotte are not held in the same high regard they once were. 20 years from now people could be wondering why Mallard Creek has those trophies when Hough is running over everybody in the way.

Something that isn't unique to Cleveland County and is happening all over the state.

Not sure how serious all those are about getting the college degree. A number of the players listed ended up at WS State a program that has plenty of players that couldn't hack it at bigger universities or just didn't have the grades to get in. Given the incredibly low standard for qualification to make it would make me wonder just how serious they are about obtaining any college degree.

The last point may prove true. Crazy thing about Charlotte is that things seem to shift and programs don't stay relevant through time. Which is why Harding and West Charlotte are not held in the same high regard they once were. 20 years from now people could be wondering why Mallard Creek has those trophies when Hough is running over everybody in the way.
You may wonder all you want but the reality is they still qualified. Even if you take away the 4 kids that are attending WSSU there still remains 8 qualifiers and again this is a every year occurrence not a one time deal.

As a former parent , member of the community and supporter of the Athletic DepT I can tell you without question that I speak with pride about Mallard Creek just as much because of the results in the classroom as I do on the field because I understand that in the end its really the only thing that matters minus the have a dozen who will make a NFL roster and even then the shelf life is roughly 3 years. If the product on the field slips but the standards for academics and helping these kids get into schools doesn't I will continue to support.

I have read a billion posts about Crest from a billion different posters. Where is the one screaming about the fact that these kids have nothing once they put the trophy on the shelf?

I get the chest pounding about how good the team is but the disrespect of kids going on to play college football because its WSSU is just scary. Priorities?? You guys just won a state title and couldn't get one kid into college?

Good for those kids but let's not act like Mallard Creek is sending them off to football factories at major universities We'll have plenty off our team go to college, when they graduate high school. I personally do not care what you think. Justin Foster is as smart as any kid Mallard Creek has and if he were to come there, one of your linebackers is looking for another position. Tre Harbison is the same. That's why you rubes were on the thread to begin wih.

Like I said Mallard Creek might have got 10 on us last year, but most likely 7. I didn't see anyone taking shots until the new guy came on a thread that had nothing to do with Mallard Creek taking shots at us. Take your medicine clown. Or, you could just go back to the "BIG BOY" board and toot your horn over there. They might care.

Film don't lie. I watched your championship game. Nothing special.

This post was edited on 3/3 10:44 AM by crestrulz

Crest has 14 starters coming back, yet this moron thinks we're supposed to have 8 going to college. Your logic is flawed. We'll talk more to you in the next couple of years, when they graduate and move on to college.

Clown

Originally posted by crestrulz:

Crest has 14 starters coming back, yet this moron thinks we're supposed to have 8 going to college. Your logic is flawed. We'll talk more to you in the next couple of years, when they graduate and move on to college.
Mallard Creek has 13 returning and they signed 12. Two that signed didn't start. Amazing that a turkey with half a brain could get into WSSU but not one senior at Crest had half the brain of a turkey. Amazing compliment to the school and community. Please don't tell me its because of lack of talent because I saw the kid at safety and the kid on the Dline..

Funny how you guys like to discuss the kids that qualified at WSSU but don't bring up the Wake Forest, NC State, Unc Charlotte kids. Football factories??Has not been a single school in North Carolina that has sent more kids to Division 1 BCS level schools in the past 5 years..Fact.

Your right.. I don't spend much time here and have always been complimentary of the football played in Cleveland County but when I read idiots who try and compare the number of kids that graduate and go on to play at 4 year colleges from Mallard Creek versus those at Crest or Shelby I cant help myself. Then to see you guys make fun of going to WSSU??

Stick to fantasizing about match ups your AD didn't want. At least the speculation keeps it interesting. Athletes moving to the next level?? we actually have the fact on that one and it isn't even close.

Okay, whatever you need to believe. Either you do not comprehend or you just hate the fact that you would have most likely scored 7.

I don't care.

Crest has sent many kids to college. Off the top of my head

Brandon Spikes
Jon Bullard
Chris Coleman
Travis Padgett
Shamar Finney
R. Ledbetter

The list goes on forever and ever.

I'm not quite sure what your pissing and moaning about. You're crying because we're laughing at Winston Salem State, all the while making fun of a few of our kids who graduated and didn't go this past year. Crest has sent more kids to college than Mallard Creek ever will. We'eve been at it longer. By the way just go check the list of prominent public high schools in North Carolina and get back at me.

Lastly, I have changed my mind 7 is all you would have gotten. A garbage TD. Nothing more.

You may wonder all you want but the reality is they still qualified. Even if you take away the 4 kids that are attending WSSU there still remains 8 qualifiers and again this is a every year occurrence not a one time deal.

As a former parent , member of the community and supporter of the Athletic DepT I can tell you without question that I speak with pride about Mallard Creek just as much because of the results in the classroom as I do on the field because I understand that in the end its really the only thing that matters minus the have a dozen who will make a NFL roster and even then the shelf life is roughly 3 years. If the product on the field slips but the standards for academics and helping these kids get into schools doesn't I will continue to support.

I have read a billion posts about Crest from a billion different posters. Where is the one screaming about the fact that these kids have nothing once they put the trophy on the shelf?

I get the chest pounding about how good the team is but the disrespect of kids going on to play college football because its WSSU is just scary. Priorities?? You guys just won a state title and couldn't get one kid into college?
Because those guys will get into college if they are willing to put in the work. It may take them longer because they didn't put in enough effort while at Crest. The priorities of the program are not to funnel unprepared kids up to colleges, saddle them with student loan debt because we know those places aren't giving full rides and then have them end up back in hometown with "nothing more than the trophy on the shelf."

Seniors from Crest 2014 football team will end up on college rosters at some point. Much like those yearly signings from Mallard Creek will flush out of college because it happens everywhere. Then you can take pride in trying to help those guys out with their 3 semesters of first year college degree completion.

CC02 I don't think you get the point. Although it is not the responsibility of the program to get every kid a college signing day it is in the best interest of the school to provide an education to their students. Given the fact that 4 of the 6 best defensive athletes were seniors not any have an avenue to further their potential for obtaining a better career. This is where you separate programs when it's all said and done. Kids play sports for many reasons. But many are led to believe the performance will get them money to continue toward a degree. Obviously there is a huge disconnect in Cleveland County on championships, stars, and the ultimate goal of getting into school with a paid or partially paid education.

It's easily obvious the better schools don't sustain winning traditions. A kid who studies night and day doesn't spend all day in the weight room or gym. That same kid has the intelligence to see through the propaganda spewed by fans and coaches. These same kids parents know the reality of the future. But it is the responsibility of the coach, athletic director, and principal to communicate the fact that athletic ability is great but academics are greater.

Whether it be Winston-Salem State, Mars Hill, or Duke the end result is they have an avenue. One that a coach and school helped provide. A coach should make every kid aware of the facts. Clearly and often. It's a sad commentary when the trophy case is full and so is the streets. And this doesn't just apply in Shelby but many other districts across the state.

The priorities of the program are not to funnel unprepared kids up to colleges, saddle them with student loan debt because we know those places aren't giving full rides and then have them end up back in hometown with .
Priorities?? Here is a thought how about help to prepare them while they are there? Shamar Finney?? LMAO... Did you really have to go back 17 years to come up with 5 kids who graduated from Crest and went on to play college football.

You guys keep dealing in the " What could have"..

- We could have beat you
- We could have kids who go to college later
- You could have kids that don't finish their degrees.

I will deal in fact, not fantasy world

The past 5 years Mallard Creek has had 51 kids sign LOI's to play football and go to school at 4 year colleges. The list is way too many to type but the schools include. Wake Forest, UNC, Florida, Tennessee, NC State, Virginia Tech, Minnesota, Charlotte, Duke, App Stat, Miami of Ohio ,Toledo, Harvard, Navy and a Florida State commit for 2016. along with 8-10 others at minimum. Priorities..... get a clue

Those aren't what could have's..that is what happened and will continue to happen.

Somebody or something has dropped the ball at Crest in terms of academics. I don't put all the blame on coaches and administration but they need to take some if you couldn't prepare at least one student athlete off that team to play at the next level. You guys are flat out in denial and frankly should be embarrassed and asking some questions.

Crestrulz--- 7 is all we would have needed.

I think it's you uys that DO NOT get the point. You're crying about 1 year.

Here is facts.

Crest - is a highly regarded public high school for and education. Just look it up.
Crest - has sent numerous football players to college
Crest - will send more football players to college
Crest - has most of it's team coming back - How could most of them go to college when they have not left high school.

Crest - has not failed anyone.
Crest - won all 16 games.
Crest - did not let Butler beat them
Crest - would never let 50 get dropped on them
Crest - was the best football team regardless of classification in North Carolina this past season.
Mallard Creek would have needed 21 and they would not have gotten more than 7

^Facts, ignore them if it makes you feel better.

Go sit in the Wiston Salem/Mars Hill recruting office on campus and stare at the walls until Hoboken Tech comes calling for more of you players. When they come back broke owing Obama money for 3 semesters of sham college courses maybe the fine folks at the Creek will pitch in and help them out.

I'm going to watch film of Jon Bullard playing for the Florida Gators and try to figure out what round he'll be drafted into the NFL after next season.

Ya Dig!

Here is a list of the top 20 public high schools in North Carolina. I see Newton Conover @ 13 and Crest @ 16, there is one missing.

Mallard Creek, needs to get to work. Got all them trophies, and it seems as if the football team gets to go to college, but the rest of them are left out to dry.

How about Those FACTS!
laugh.r191677.gif

I told you, that you were a clown!
This post was edited on 3/3 2:15 PM by crestrulz

The Creek

BG22, I'll help you out. Mallard Creek is over there on page 15, if you can count that high.

That's prestigious.....

flush.r191677.gif

We only had 50 scored on us two times last year. The others were 49, 48, 41, thank you. The team was a little out of syn those games. I think it was the food before the game. I'll have the kids explain it to you when they get out of college.

Shout out to all those Crest kids- Matt Beam got two kids to the Shrine Bowl and five football letters of intent. When you Crest boys are getting your offers from Crest don't forget to make your campus visit to Newton-Conover. We take it beyond the ring ceremony. Our training table is like the Golden Corral- endless.

We got Burns' coach, now we want that defense. We have eleven open spots on defense. Oh by the way our former AD and coach was a Shelby boy. We're going after all your peeps. You can keep your hookers. They smell like dead carp.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
We got Burns' coach, now we want that defense. We have eleven open spots on defense. Oh by the way our former AD and coach was a Shelby boy. We're going after all your peeps. You can keep your hookers. They smell like dead carp.
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT