ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam

crestrulz

Oct 18, 2003
Come on back to Cleveland County and drive the nail in the coffin. The time is now.

That's what I am hearing to its a shame but what can you do?

Beam sounds great with our talent I don't even see a fall off!

Just think Shelby fans if our leaders make a bad choice for replacement (and it very possable) you might have a chance to be back on top in the county!

Is the South Carolina job a done deal?

When will NC start to pay their teachers/coaches what they deserve and how can SC pay so much more than NC?

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Originally posted by SHS LION:
I started this thread last year.
How about staying off of it this year.
You seem a little agitated.
Not agitated one bit Bob. Just don't want you stinking up the joint. We're not Burns. Shelby don't pick our coaches or run them off. We just own YOU.

If Matt Beam comes...I hope he plans on playing defense...we play defense in Cleveland County...I've seen the scores vs L-town...Crest doesn't get blowed out by anyone...losing is one thing...losing by a lot is totally different...I still want Lloyd and company.

Lloyd = mistake!

Mark it down we will only be a notch or 2 above when we was when Barnes came!

Originally posted by crest91:

..I still want Lloyd and company.
PUH-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before I forget it when Beam was at Burns they played defense. He's been at NC for one year. Give him time and they'll play defense too.

Much respect for Coach Barnes. Proud he was our coach. A class act plain and simple. I wish him and his family the best. He did things the right way. He used what he had to their ability. Good luck coach.

Much respect for Coach Barnes. Proud he was our coach. A class act plain and simple. I wish him and his family the best. He did things the right way. He used what he had to their ability. Good luck coach.
Agreed. Always liked him.

He holds one record. The only coach to ever be the head coach in the Shrine Bowl twice.

I've also heard the D coordinator was brought in to take over the HC job at some point.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
No pressure for Jeff Melton in his biggest hire. Good luck.
Boy you are not lying. That's awful pressure.

Originally posted by crest91:

..I still want Lloyd and company.
PUH-LEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before I forget it when Beam was at Burns they played defense. He's been at NC for one year. Give him time and they'll play defense too.
I just remember when Beam had two of his best teams at Burns 2011 and 2013 maybe? I remember being dominated by West Rowan and completely destroyed by SP...Now, I know we lost to SP those years too...but if I recall correctly, Burns lost to the tune of like 51-7...unacceptable.

Wow... I was thinking Barnes had one more year left in the tank in North Carolina. Best of luck to him and his pay raise. Congrats to Coach Beam at Crest. I know he will do quite well. Solid hire.

Beat the mighty Red Raiders and win a state championship? Anyone would know it's time to move on. Lightning doesn't strike twice and cramping gets old!

Originally posted by Tarheel Warrior:
Wow... I was thinking Barnes had one more year left in the tank in North Carolina. Best of luck to him and his pay raise. Congrats to Coach Beam at Crest. I know he will do quite well. Solid hire.

BS TW, Matty will stick his middle finger up the mule's ahole and hope he pokes a lion's eye out!

I heard this was a done deal. You won't find me whining or being angry about It. Great hire for crest. Best of luck to coach Barnes..... Truly one Of the good guys in high school sports.

Newton will never recover from it if Beam decides to leave. Crest is a gold mine with tons of talent always coming through. Have met coach beam a few times when he was at burns and he is a humble and coach that will do anything to get his players in school. Willie Greene Tre Harbinson the names and studs are unlimited in boiling springs. If he decides to leave. Will he bring his own staff on or keep some of the crest entourage around? Who would be the next coach to fill those shoes? I think that one of his coaches lowery is his name correct me if wrong is a newton grad real intense and a motivator like beam and has ties to the community? It will be tough on who ever steps in if beam leaves.

I've been thinking about this all day and have finally made sense of it. If Matty can't get the SP job, why not jump on 2nd best?

Matt beam.... Humble????.... so you have met him right? Matt is a great guy who works his butt off but humble he is not. Lol...to say Nc will not recover from a one year coach to me is a little strong. I'm sure coach pack will go with him. I think he still lives in shelby.

No way anything is a DONE deal. I just typed Matt Beam's name to aggravate Burns fans. How can it be done. Give me a break. The seat is still warm.

CREST 91 is correct, we play defense down here. PERIOD!........................ PERIOD.

I have no idea who the next coach will be. Why should I? It may be Clark. If they open it up, they'll lineup two deep. Barnes left the cupboard nice and full, nothing to rebuild, in fact the gun is loaded, if you ask me.

Whomever it is, is walking into the pressure cooker. Can't be weak on the Southern end of Cleveland County. Just WIN baby!

No way anything is a DONE deal. I just typed Matt Beam's name to aggravate Burns fans. How can it be done. Give me a break. The seat is still warm.

CREST 91 is correct, we play defense down here. PERIOD!........................ PERIOD.

I have no idea who the next coach will be. Why should I? It may be Clark. If they open it up, they'll lineup two deep. Barnes left the cupboard nice and full, nothing to rebuild, in fact the gun is loaded, if you ask me.

Whomever it is, is walking into the pressure cooker. Can't be weak on the Southern end of Cleveland County. Just WIN baby!
Bottom line John Crest is one of the top football programs in the state and they will receive a lot of applications from a lot of qualified coaches.There will also be a lot of pressure for the coach that takes the job with all the talent Crest has coming back.You can only go down from 16 and 0.

The real question is....will we see mass defections like at Burns a couple years ago? Are Shelby, Burns, Polk County, Gaffney, Boiling Springs, KM and Chase all about to become better with those players returning to their home schools?
There has already been talk of transfers. Maybe Stuart Barnes just knew he couldn't replicate this year, so the getting out was good.

Originally posted by Lawn12Dog:
I think shelby fans will be more upset when it happens.
You ain't lying. They can't stand him. LOL!
This particular Shelby fan could care less what Matty Beam does....Don't care if he flagged a bird, held up four fingers,don't care if a bomb was dropped on the middle of the field, or on the bus on the way home after eating a burrito from Don Ramons, don't care if he sprouted wings and little red devils flew out of his hind end when he flapped them....Or horseshoes for that matter...Cant speak for any other Shelby fans, but he did make things interesting, and he is in fact a very good Coach that gets the best out of his players..

Whomever does the hiring of the next Coach better really stop and think, and really make a wise decision or those cow rustlers will run him out of town faster than a greasy fan eating a Foot Long at the Bulldog Quick Snack can gobble three up...

Rulz is right, whomever replaces Barnes better be ready, win now or else..... Of course you coud hire a monkey on a rock (Letterman Reference) for this coming season, and have them call plays in the sand with a bottle cap , a twig, and an empty bottle of mad dog 2020 and they'll win...

Barnes will be missed, classy individual....

This post was edited on 2/12 8:17 AM by Shelby Lion

Originally posted by Shelby Lion:

Originally posted by Lawn12Dog:
I think shelby fans will be more upset when it happens.
You ain't lying. They can't stand him. LOL!
This particular Shelby fan could care less what Matty Beam does....Don't care if he flagged a bird, held up four fingers,don't care if a bomb was dropped on the middle of the field, or on the bus on the way home after eating a burrito from Don Ramons, don't care if he sprouted wings and little red devils flew out of his hind end when he flapped them....Or horseshoes for that matter...Cant speak for any other Shelby fans, but he did make things interesting, and he is in fact a very good Coach that gets the best out of his players..

Whomever does the hiring of the next Coach better really stop and think, and really make a wise decision or those cow rustlers will run him out of town faster than a greasy fan eating a Foot Long at the Bulldog Quick Snack can gobble three up...

Rulz is right, whomever replaces Barnes better be ready, win now or else..... Of course you coud hire a monkey on a rock (Letterman Reference) for this coming season, and have them call plays in the sand with a bottle cap , a twig, and an empty bottle of mad dog 2020 and they'll win...

Barnes will be missed, classy individual....

This post was edited on 2/12 8:17 AM by Shelby Lion
Run this way with Harbison one play and then run the other on the next play. Hell I think I could get a pretty productive offense out of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT