ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Beam

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
WORD ON THE STREET
John Devine was seen leaving the Boiling Springs area....
He went to GWU right? Probably wanted to check out that new student center.

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
WORD ON THE STREET
John Devine was seen leaving the Boiling Springs area....

And Mrs. Backer had a big smile on her face!!

She just couldn't figure out why. All he did was crawl around on all fours.Biting at her ankles and mumbling .....'' I'll crab you...I'll crab you ''
Guess the players get it honest.

That's what she told you? We need to talk, my friend!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Matt Beam. Matt Beam. Matt Beam. You Cleveland County guys have made him a celebrity. Did he get an Oscar last night?

Matt Beam. Matt Beam. You Cleveland county guys have made the man a celebrity. Did he win an Oscar last night?

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Matt Beam. Matt Beam. You Cleveland county guys have made the man a celebrity. Did he win an Oscar last night?
This thread was started to aggravate Burns fans. It didn't work. Anybody with an ounce of sense knew Beam was done in Cleveland County, once the Shelby contingent lied and said he shot them the bird. Plus we've already told you we play defense down here.

I'm in agreement with the defense statement. Although he may have not.set an all time record for Newton, he had the most points I have seen scored on the Red Devils. I wonder, do kids get softer standing around watching bomb after bomb get thrown in practice?

Originally posted by crestrulz:
This thread was started to aggravate Burns fans. It didn't work. Anybody with an ounce of sense knew Beam was done in Cleveland County, once the Shelby contingent lied and said he shot them the bird. Plus we've already told you we play defense down here.
mad0025.r191677.gif
I personally could not tell which finger he held up.

GoDevil, before you post about defense maybe you should go check just how good
Beams' defenses were at Burns. I know two years they gave up less than 14 points a game.
Remember he took over a team that was in complete disarray, that finished the season with 17 players the season
Before, inherited a jv team that won a few games. He wins seven games at Newton with a defensive cordinator
That had never been on that side of the ball and you want to hate on him. Love him, hate him you have to respect
What he does every time he takes over.

Hahahaha. When have I ever hated on Matt Beam. Are you that damn stupid.

But yes I do believe teams that throw all practice and defenses that watch it happen do play pretty much like they practice. And having seen Burns video of practice and seen many, many years of Newton practices, Burns kids welcome contact more. Beam is very good at creating a quarterback and coming up with offensive fire. But he is not a defensive minded coach at all.

As for new defensive coordinator who never worked that side of the ball- excuses, nothing but excuses. And excuses don't stop 50 plus a game totals.

Heard last week that it was pretty much a done deal that Harbison is going to Mallard Creek next year. Any truth to that? What's the word?

Lol He ran indoor track for Crest last week. He came in 1st and Jabbari Foster (DB) Crest came in second.

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Lol He ran indoor track for Crest last week. He came in 1st and Jabbari Foster (DB) Crest came in second.

Just pumping up the resume, crestuff. He wants to start!

He would never transfer. He most likely wouldn't start at running back as an unknown tot the program and may break in starting at another position.. Good running back indeed but depth at speed and skill is no issue at Mallard Creek. There's a long line. Never gonna transfer to MC.

Harbison could play anywhere in NC. If he showed up at MC or anywhere else he would start because he is a great player.

Go devils u can bet your bottom dollar mc knows who harbison is......he starts there from day 1....what is the connection to mc and how did this rumor even get started ?

LD12, Harbison's cousin is a former Shelby native and the quarterback of Mallard Creek. He has another cousin on that team as well. He's extremely close to both of them, and they all have expressed interest in playing together for some time now.

This post was edited on 2/26 1:14 PM by Lion Attack

As usual, GDG is all over it.
4.81 is a Fullback at MC....and they don't use Fullbacks to my knowledge in their present scheme.

He needs to stay at *crest.

There is not one single benefit Harbison would get from moving from Crest to Mallard Creek. They had 12 kids sign this year. He wouldn't be featured at Mallard Creek. Run the ball, maybe. Featured, most likely not. Crest is a different story. He is the marquee player. By the way everybody at Shelby is a cousin to everybody all over the country. Just ask one of them.

Ralph, you're going by a time he posted as a 15 year old. You're seriously sleeping on Harbison's speed. He consistently runs in the 4.4-4.5 range, and he's emerging into a standout in track, runs the 100 under 11 seconds.

Article from June of 2014 said Harbison ran a 4.49 at State's camp. Whom to believe in this instance. Kingtard Ralphflaccidio or all the scouts evaluating him and offering.

Hey Lion Attack. If you think he runs a 4.4 like all these other people say about thousands of kids then you need to jump on being his agent and get the kid signed up for the Olympic Trials. He needs to be training in Colorado like the other thousands who people keep quoting these so called times. Harbison according to Cleveland County guys has a time faster than 95% of the entire NFL. Has Clemson, LSU, and Tenn track coaches been advised of these times?

Some of the ridiculous things said in Cleveland County. Jeez.

Originally posted by seadog28:

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Just pumping up the resume, crestuff. He wants to start!
SEADOG, THE NEXT RUNNING THAT HARBISON WILL DO WILL BE ALL OVER YOUR RED RAIDERS!
laugh.r191677.gif

We all know.... Crest is bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic than any HS team
in the country, I watched Harbison run in the state championship, and if he runs a 4.4
than BJ Emmons runs a 3.9

There is not one single benefit Harbison would get from moving from Crest to Mallard Creek. They had 12 kids sign this year. He wouldn't be featured at Mallard Creek. Run the ball, maybe. Featured, most likely not. Crest is a different story. He is the marquee player. By the way everybody at Shelby is a cousin to everybody all over the country. Just ask one of them.
- Opportunity to play a national schedule on a nationally ranked team

- Possibly win a state title with his cousins

- Run behind a Oline that will have 4 and possibly 5 Division 1 players averaging 6'3 and 285lbs

Those are 3 benefits he would have. He's a talented kid and he would play at The Creek but he would be guaranteed nothing. Every year there are multiple rumors about kids moving into the MC district to play ball. Most never materialize.

He should stay at Crest and finish his senior year with the kids he grew up with in my opinion.

Yall are crazy. If it isn't (real) laser timed at a legit camp that has no interest in the kid, then don't believe the lie that is the 40. In other words, if you are recruiting him, representing him or paying him...and you have a stable laser timer available, then go nuts. It's real easy. Go to NIKE, Under Armour camp, etc. Don't go to the hand timed places and definitely don't go by what your HS coach or staff member is telling you if you really want to know. I think that is the big disconnect...people would rather dream than hear the true number. There is plenty of info and people out there that laugh at all this HS coach timed 40s, etc.

All the "scouts"? LMAO....who are these scouts? People who get paid to report 40 times being faster so people will get excited like you? Fanbase groupies and the like?

No- please read this one article. It's not unique. There are more like it. I think it hits the nail pretty much on the head. Or just watch the NFL combine every year. Certain body types run certain times. Very few exceptions.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/everything-youve-ever-wanted-to-know-about-the-forty.php

This post was edited on 2/27 10:10 AM by RalphMachio99

GDG,
This is why you and I get along.
Logic.
A taste for realistic discussion.

Like...not picking on the young man. He's better than (probably) all the other *crest players right now. He's the best athlete (one of) in that greater boiling springs area. That doesn't make him an Olympian though. You guys have HAD actual Olympian speed on campus....and it was plain to see for everyone. Consider evaluating the two side by side..........

Former Crest speedster Travis Padgett has nothing to worry about. When I have people tell me these crazy 40 times I can never take them serious ever again. Some people need to get out of these obscure counties more than once a year to puke city Myrtle Beach. There's a great big world outside of Hootersville.

lol
Even putting the All Male glory hole capital of the world aside (boiling springs, nc) there are a lots of "4.4" talk all around unfortunately. Usually 4.39 equates to 4.55-4.6 in reality for HS fan talk. Still really good speed....but not quite in the top 99.999999999999999999999% of fastest people on earth.

Fastest guy in 3A or 4A was at Mallard Creek. They also had a kid finish fifth. Wonder how many more at Mallard Creek were close but never got a chance because of those two kid's speed? The Creek is very deep.

Thanks LA. If he has family there then i can see where the foundation is.

Harbison posted on facebook today that hes gonna end his a career as a Charger. He also wishes people would stop approaching his family with these rumors! CHARGERNATION

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT