ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek

Was Hough that good or Mallard Creek down this year?
More of Mallard Creek being down, along with new staff. Hough the same team, they’ve been the last couple of years. Hough’s a good team. I believe they’ll have numerous problems with Vance though.

Last edited:
The loss wasn’t surprising just the margin. I was thinking it would be a 24-21 type game

MC is young, tons of juniors and sophmores and undersized especially on defense. Looked to me like they were missing or had a couple kids with limited availability last night. They have been pushed around by Vance-Hough and LKN. Hard to tell if its just talent , coaching or circumstance. Probably a little of everything. They are exactly what they have shown, they will blow out alot of lesser squads but against the top 3-4 teams they will struggle. I think Tinsley's staff will get a pass this year but will need a real strong off season and start next year if they plan on getting anywhere near the level the program has been the past decade.

Hough is very good. I think its the best they have ever been on both lines. QB is the real deal. Gonna be special the next couple of years. Good arm, release is quick and he throws well on the run. Extended several plays with his feet last night and instead of just tucking it and running his eyes were downfield and he completed passes. Very poised for a sophmore.

Vance-Hough game will be dynamite. Think Vance's speed will cause Hough some problems but I think it will be a ballgame. Havent seen much ball this year but if there is two better teams in this state then those two teams I would love to see them.

Reactions: tdl6242
MC is intriguing because excluding their first year or so they have always been really good. Power shifts throughout Mecklenburg. West Charlotte was a powerhouse, then Independence then Butler. The difference is those programs started having losing seasons and fell completely off. Butler although not as powerful is usually 9-3 or 8-4 for down year which is impressive. I want to see if MC will be more like Butler or Indy/WC.

MC is intriguing because excluding their first year or so they have always been really good. Power shifts throughout Mecklenburg. West Charlotte was a powerhouse, then Independence then Butler. The difference is those programs started having losing seasons and fell completely off. Butler although not as powerful is usually 9-3 or 8-4 for down year which is impressive. I want to see if MC will be more like Butler or Indy/WC.

A ton of talent in the pipeline but in these days it can all change quickly. Start getting beat badly and the talent will just move and usually to one of your rivals. Again, its a very tough year to gauge anything. My gut tells me this is a two loss team even with Palmieri as HC but that is just conjecture.

First things first= Weight Room. This team just doesnt LOOK like a Creek squad. Next step is physicality which is a mentality and culture driven. They have always been a physical defensive football team but really havent truly run the rock against good teams since 2017 and havent had a real D1 type RB since 2013.

A ton of talent in the pipeline but in these days it can all change quickly. Start getting beat badly and the talent will just move and usually to one of your rivals. Again, its a very tough year to gauge anything. My gut tells me this is a two loss team even with Palmieri as HC but that is just conjecture.

First things first= Weight Room. This team just doesnt LOOK like a Creek squad. Next step is physicality which is a mentality and culture driven. They have always been a physical defensive football team but really havent truly run the rock against good teams since 2017 and havent had a real D1 type RB since 2013.

They definitely don’t appear to have the same level of talent that they have had in the past at MC. Do they have any players with D1 offers?

I said I b4...not keeping any of Palmieri staff on kind of confused me. I know Tinsley wanted a new start but damn one of the most successful coaches in the last CPL decades in the state why not keep on a lot of the staff. Me personally I would of hired Stone as the head...tried to keep everything else in place. I know creek is our rival but I knew a lot of kids and parents that went there and admired a lot of what theyve done. I'm not optimistic about Tinsley because of this rocky start.

They definitely don’t appear to have the same level of talent that they have had in the past at MC. Do they have any players with D1 offers?
Not a lot of Seniors on this Squad. 2 of the D1 players Elijah Metcalf (Middle Tenn) Coleman Jeffcoat (Temple) both opted out early. They're currently on campus at their perspective schools. With 2, D1 kids decided to stay. That's about it. On the bright side, the team is loaded with FBS kids that are currently 11th & 10th graders. The difficult part, is keeping kids on campus. If the New Coaching staff can convince parents to stick around. They'll be a tough out for anyone next year. If not? Oh! Oh! Mike Palmieri's a tough act to follow.

Last edited:
Not a lot of Seniors on this Squad. 2 of the D1 players Elijah Metcalf (Middle Tenn) Coleman Jeffcoat (Temple) both opted out early. They're currently on campus at their perspective schools. With 2, D1 kids decided to stay. That's about it. On the bright side, the team is loaded with FBS kids that are currently 11th & 10th graders. The difficult part, is keeping kids on campus. If the New Coaching staff can convince parents to stick around. They'll be a tough out for anyone next year. If not? Oh! Oh!
"Puts on Vance/Chambers apperal and drives over to Johnson Ohler Rd." Lol

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Seeing the highlights and MC doesn’t look like previous teams. It will be interesting to see what type of non conference schedule MC will have next season. MC will play anybody but with a tough conference schedule perhaps they will dial it back. MC had a tough time scheduling in Charlotte in the past so hopefully that opens up. For a while it was usually Butler.

Seeing the highlights and MC doesn’t look like previous teams. It will be interesting to see what type of non conference schedule MC will have next season. MC will play anybody but with a tough conference schedule perhaps they will dial it back. MC had a tough time scheduling in Charlotte in the past so hopefully that opens up. For a while it was usually Butler.

They have Soutpointe/ROck Hill next year.

Not just MC. MOre than a few teams look physically 'soft' this season. I think Covid has something to do with it. I think it has affected time and quality in the gym/weight room in some ways.

I said I b4...not keeping any of Palmieri staff on kind of confused me. I know Tinsley wanted a new start but damn one of the most successful coaches in the last CPL decades in the state why not keep on a lot of the staff. Me personally I would of hired Stone as the head...tried to keep everything else in place. I know creek is our rival but I knew a lot of kids and parents that went there and admired a lot of what theyve done. I'm not optimistic about Tinsley because of this rocky start.

I'm pretty sure that they kept people from the previous staff on in key positions.

That would be a negative. They did not.
Man I really liked Stone..I was sad when he left from over here and went to Creek. I felt like that was the perfect transition from Palmieri to him. He would have kept the same Toughness and physicality but would have added his own touch. That dude will get his HC job one day....maybe if Tinsley isn't successful?????

Looks like Hellams is the OC. He was on staff in 2019 before the coaching change from what I can tell.

Robert Hellams
I don’t believe he has the input from the previous year. Hellams’s is 100% Air Raid. Not a lot of passing going on with the Creek

I don’t believe he has the input from the previous year. Hellams’s is 100% Air Raid. Not a lot of passing going on with the Creek

Ah, I see. So it seems as though the the staff members may be there, but not having much impact on the direction of the program. Thanks for the info.

Ah, I see. So it seems as though the the staff members may be there, but not having much impact on the direction of the program. Thanks for the info.
Kinda reminds me of the jimmy johnson/jimmy jones dallas situation. The head wants to make a point now that the winning coach is gone.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
MC should have gotten Stone, Littlejohn, or tried some way to get Brand back. Hell I might have even tried Josh Harris at WC as a risky high potential hire vs. Tinsley. A bunch of folks on this board mentioned following Palmieri would be very hard and it would be best to stay on staff. Someone mentioned Butler vs. Indy/WC. Butler choose a coach that had been on staff. WC didn;t choose Strong or Geiler but went outside. If they had to go outside should have gotten Gilchrist , but got him year too late as the damage had been done with Helms. Indy went outside trying to fix the program and is now in the rut. When you have super successful coaches who come with a distinct personality you have to get a strong minded great coach, and keep some of the past. Vance did it the absolute right way. Great hire by AD Richardson.

MC was built by Palmieri and excellent parent support. Dont think Ive ever seen a start up program with that much support so fast. Then they added in great coaching that supported the coach. It was a perfect mix. That's why going outside of MC or outside of CMS was risky. True QC fans of HS football understand the ebbs and flows of parent/player movement. MC didn;t need a bad season at all. MC REALLY didn;t need a bad season after Vance 2019, and this Spring season. LOL

Reactions: Kylar2018
Funny, everyone is in love with Stone. Been around awhile, lot of Meck County openings. Any thoughts on why he wasn't offered any of the dozen openings previous to MC??

One other thought.....You think Palmieri suggested Stone or LJ?? Think before you answer.

Tinsley gets a full year to get it rolling but I loved a local guy who I think would have been a game changer. Got a little edge to him like Brand. Never got an interview......maybe next time.

Funny, everyone is in love with Stone. Been around awhile, lot of Meck County openings. Any thoughts on why he wasn't offered any of the dozen openings previous to MC??

One other thought.....You think Palmieri suggested Stone or LJ?? Think before you answer.

Tinsley gets a full year to get it rolling but I loved a local guy who I think would have been a game changer. Got a little edge to him like Brand. Never got an interview......maybe next time.
I don't know all the ins and outs of what happened...things jus doesn't seem right...I'll blame the coaching change happening during a pandemic, I'll have to admit those reasons are legit so imma give it an off-season with the weight room and workouts to see what happens. I don't care what they say a great Creek helped the the imeck out...where else can u get a deep playoff matchup in conference every yr???

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
How will this impact the Creek?
Hellam's is 100% Air Raid guy. We threw the ball about 9 to 10 times a game. His offensive impact this year, was a minimum at best. The reason why? who knows. The writing was on the wall.

That QB at Mallard looks like the JV backup. Is that normal at the creek? Put your worst athletes at the QB position? Watched a few games this year, thought I accidentally clicked on the JV game.

Hellam's is 100% Air Raid guy. We threw the ball about 9 to 10 times a game. His offensive impact this year, was a minimum at best. The reason why? who knows. The writing was on the wall.
So are you saying he wasnt good or just didnt fit in the new coaching staff?

I believe he’s one of the best Air Raid guys out there, and it’s evident the new staff was not sold on the Air Raid.
I wish Mooresville would gave him a chance but again main in NC didnt so im not shocked he went back to SC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT