ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek

Thought Hellams was a good guy and a good coach. Did a nice job with the QB's he had at MC and has had a great track record of developing QB's along the way.

Not a fan of the Air Raid. Just think its passive and took away alot of the MC identity the past 2 years especially in 2019. I like pieces of it but MC was built on physical football and I thought the heavy emphasis on the pass along with no TE changed their culture on both sides of the ball.

That said, I really havent been crazy about any offense since Cox left in 2014. Garcia took over the Lamborghini in 2015 but after that they have averaged 17 points a game in 8 playoff games. With the kind of talent they have thats not real solid performance.

Reactions: btango and tdl6242
I remember during many of the games against MC, i was actually hoping they threw the ball because more often than not a team couldn’t stop the run. Maybe the Creek gets back to that

Thought Hellams was a good guy and a good coach. Did a nice job with the QB's he had at MC and has had a great track record of developing QB's along the way.

Not a fan of the Air Raid. Just think its passive and took away alot of the MC identity the past 2 years especially in 2019. I like pieces of it but MC was built on physical football and I thought the heavy emphasis on the pass along with no TE changed their culture on both sides of the ball.

That said, I really havent been crazy about any offense since Cox left in 2014. Garcia took over the Lamborghini in 2015 but after that they have averaged 17 points a game in 8 playoff games. With the kind of talent they have thats not real solid performance.
Just so you know because I talked to Hellams last night - I said the same thing And he said both at Mooresville and at MC he avg 60% run and 40% pass he said when he 50-50 that when the team preformed the best

Just so you know because I talked to Hellams last night - I said the same thing And he said both at Mooresville and at MC he avg 60% run and 40% pass he said when he 50-50 that when the team preformed the best
Ratio's can be a bit deceiving. He was an OC for 19 games with MC. I would say that 11 of them would be classified as blow outs and over early 2nd half. Guess what you do in those contests....run the ball. I do think they ran it more this year than last though he had a senior QB last year.

Beyond the ratio's he sets up 4 and 5 wide a ton. Without knowing the numbers I am guessing it was 60-65%. MC at its best and most physical were 11, 12 or 21. Now , sometimes they would split that TE wide but Zane Talley, Thad Moss, Jaylen Samuels, Mahlon Medley were huge pieces of the passing and running game.

He is a dynamite coach and really good with his QB's. I just believe that the strength of the MC team has always been huge Olineman and TE and a physical run game mixed in with some explosive kids on the edges. He has forgotten more than I know about football. Its just a casual observation.

Does
A ton of talent in the pipeline but in these days it can all change quickly. Start getting beat badly and the talent will just move and usually to one of your rivals. Again, its a very tough year to gauge anything. My gut tells me this is a two loss team even with Palmieri as HC but that is just conjecture.

First things first= Weight Room. This team just doesnt LOOK like a Creek squad. Next step is physicality which is a mentality and culture driven. They have always been a physical defensive football team but really havent truly run the rock against good teams since 2017 and havent had a real D1 type RB since 2013.
MC schools have an open door policy for kids?

Funny, everyone is in love with Stone. Been around awhile, lot of Meck County openings. Any thoughts on why he wasn't offered any of the dozen openings previous to MC??

One other thought.....You think Palmieri suggested Stone or LJ?? Think before you answer.

Tinsley gets a full year to get it rolling but I loved a local guy who I think would have been a game changer. Got a little edge to him like Brand. Never got an interview......maybe next time.
From my understanding, Stone turned down a couple HC jobs because he wanted to stay at MC and eventually take over when Coach P left. I believe Coach P endorsed Stone when he left as well. Tripp Stone will be a HC soon IMO.

What’s going on at the Creek? I think they have a chance to be good this coming season, am I missing something?

What’s going on at the Creek? I think they have a chance to be good this coming season, am I missing something?
I have no earthly idea who "Footballfaninthequeencity" is. That is why I made a simple question "What do you mean by MESS"

When Vance/MC rather not talk about it, they try their very hardest in front of a wide world audience to make it seem as if there's nothing wrong. Or if the story is in the past tense then they will use their favorite line "OMG it is over. It is in the past. You are delusional. Let it Go. You are annoying. you made 15 million screen names"......LOL

The greatest achievement they try their hardest at is when they are not familiar with a screename on this platform. then automatically the finger is pointed at me.

So for example if a screename is "DADDY" - then they automatically tell everyone I am "DADDY"

In conclusion, I asked a simple question(what do you mean by mess?) and 704Cougarsdad tries to squash it before people start asking more questions by simply trying his very best to belittle me.

I hope I answered what has you concerned.

I have no earthly idea who "Footballfaninthequeencity" is. That is why I made a simple question "What do you mean by MESS"

When Vance/MC rather not talk about it, they try their very hardest in front of a wide world audience to make it seem as if there's nothing wrong. Or if the story is in the past tense then they will use their favorite line "OMG it is over. It is in the past. You are delusional. Let it Go. You are annoying. you made 15 million screen names"......LOL

The greatest achievement they try their hardest at is when they are not familiar with a screename on this platform. then automatically the finger is pointed at me.

So for example if a screename is "DADDY" - then they automatically tell everyone I am "DADDY"

In conclusion, I asked a simple question(what do you mean by mess?) and 704Cougarsdad tries to squash it before people start asking more questions by simply trying his very best to belittle me.

I hope I answered what has you concerned.
No it happens to b whenever a "random" person comes on here and asks a trolling question u have to come in and consign in any way. If u added any value to convos then I wouldn't say anything but because u always have to add ur 2 cents when there's controversy I point it out. In the judicial system they call that credibility and ur credibility is dogshit on this site...aka filler. No substance...no nutritional value jus straight nonsense. Stop with the bullshit and no one will call it out...plain and simple....but we know u wont...so when I'm bored ill call u on it to entertain me...u troll people...I troll u.

No it happens to b whenever a "random" person comes on here and asks a trolling question u have to come in and consign in any way. If u added any value to convos then I wouldn't say anything but because u always have to add ur 2 cents when there's controversy I point it out. In the judicial system they call that credibility and ur credibility is dogshit on this site...aka filler. No substance...no nutritional value jus straight nonsense. Stop with the bullshit and no one will call it out...plain and simple....but we know u wont...so when I'm bored ill call u on it to entertain me...u troll people...I troll u.
What?

Coach Grice formerly of Hopewell is a great offensive mind. Will do really well at MC.
I saw him on Talking Preps with Langston Wertz, he was entertaining. It would be difficult to establish a coaches offensive mind, as a OC coaching at Hopewell. We’ll see what happens. MC was once, one of the top programs in the Southeast, if not top programs in the Nation. Now guys are speaking on how successful a coach will be, coming from one of the worst programs in the state. Alright now!

Last edited:
I saw him on Talking Preps with Langston Wertz, he was entertaining. It would be difficult to establish a coaches offensive mind, as a OC coaching at Hopewell. We’ll see what happens. MC was once, one of the top programs in the Southeast, if not top programs in the Nation. Now guys are speaking on how successful a coach will be, coming from one of the worst programs in the state. Alright now!
🤔

Reactions: bigdadd11103
I never try to bash coaches because they do an often thankless job for such little return financially but I too was wondering what qualifies this coach as a "great offensive mind". His team averaged less than 10 points a game this year and was not much better last year. I understand he was not working with the talent that he will have at MC so I guess this will be a better chance to truly prove himself. Was he somewhere before Hopewell? Tough to replace a guy like Hellams who I think is a pretty respected OC.

I never try to bash coaches because they do an often thankless job for such little return financially but I too was wondering what qualifies this coach as a "great offensive mind". His team averaged less than 10 points a game this year and was not much better last year. I understand he was not working with the talent that he will have at MC so I guess this will be a better chance to truly prove himself. Was he somewhere before Hopewell? Tough to replace a guy like Hellams who I think is a pretty respected OC.
I have had many conversations with him. I guess as a coach, I just judge things differently. Being a great offensive mind doesn't always produce results on the field when you are less talented than 99.9% of the teams you play. I will happily take back my statement if MC flounders under his leadership on the offensive side of the ball. I can tell you one thing though, he knows offensive football.

I have had many conversations with him. I guess as a coach, I just judge things differently. Being a great offensive mind doesn't always produce results on the field when you are less talented than 99.9% of the teams you play. I will happily take back my statement if MC flounders under his leadership on the offensive side of the ball. I can tell you one thing though, he knows offensive football.
Wait a sec. not to bash a coach in any way but you said. "Being a great offensive mind doesn't always produce results on the field" Your quote not mine. That's exactly what a great offensive mind does. Produce unexpected results given the talent at hand.

Lets take comparable schools WC, Mooresville, and NM. They scored 20, 20, and 16. That's not an offensive explosion. Then even in losses teams like WC scored against Lake Norman, Hough, MC. whereas Hopewell was inept. Just saying NM even scored points against MC, Hough, and LKN. So even when compared against similar teams Hopewell offense wasn't that great. Just saying. No shots. A "great" offensive mind is not an avg. offensive mind. Think most offensive coaches can talk offensive football at a respectable level, but a great mind has to equal results.

Reactions: nepsy7
MC player’s are being recruited by other programs, like females shopping at a buy 1, get 1 free 👠 shoe sale. If kids stick around, the potential is Championship caliber. If not? Coach will be at Hopewell 2.0 🤷🏾‍♂️

The list of " Great Offensive Minds" at the HS level is a pretty short one. I have no idea who Jonathan Grice is but there is little as far as results to date that would reflect that this was a gamechange kind of hire. Like just about everything with MC football we will see what this next year brings. Tough non- conf schedule combined with the typical Hough, Vance games. I need to see a pretty large jump from where they were this year to say I am bought in.

As long as we are on results I think you have to take another look at Hellams results before we say he was a genius.

Zero playoff wins and in the games against Hough and Vance he got essentially 7 pts. ( not gonna count garbage time 14 against Hough). Hardly Bill Walsh kind of production.

So, we will see. My gut tells me you probably gonna lose some kids in the off season but the core hangs in and there is a bunch coming back. I am a positive, optimistic guy.

The list of " Great Offensive Minds" at the HS level is a pretty short one. I have no idea who Jonathan Grice is but there is little as far as results to date that would reflect that this was a gamechange kind of hire. Like just about everything with MC football we will see what this next year brings. Tough non- conf schedule combined with the typical Hough, Vance games. I need to see a pretty large jump from where they were this year to say I am bought in.

As long as we are on results I think you have to take another look at Hellams results before we say he was a genius.

Zero playoff wins and in the games against Hough and Vance he got essentially 7 pts. ( not gonna count garbage time 14 against Hough). Hardly Bill Walsh kind of production.

So, we will see. My gut tells me you probably gonna lose some kids in the off season but the core hangs in and there is a bunch coming back. I am a positive, optimistic guy.

Who would be a great offensive mind in high school football currently? I think Hales (Butler) is a good offensive mind, how do we measure great.

I know coach Grice - He is a hard worker and He cares bout his players. He work as well at Youth/7on7 stuff as well!

I think he is a Good OC but only time will tell if he is a Great offensive mind or not - Hellams is one of the best and Grice does have big shoes to fill but I believe he can get it done

By no means was i trying to make any slight against the hiring of Coach Grice. I am very passionate about the program. and the future. Let's just give him the opportunity to show his worth, before acknowledging how successful he's going to be, or not be. Now let me STHU and take a seat. My apologies if i offended anyone.

Who would be a great offensive mind in high school football currently? I think Hales (Butler) is a good offensive mind, how do we measure great.
I have always been impressed with Hales schemes and play calling. I was always impressed with his " feel" during games. Certainly Knotts is elite. Always had alot of respect for AB. He was a guy who ran something until they stopped it. Never got too caught up in being cute. I thought in his very short time at MC Joe Cox was pretty impressive. He took a team that had Jsam and Pittman in 2013 and morphed it into a speed and throw it downfield offense that was dynamite.

I dont know who was calling plays for East Forsyth in 2015 but I thought he got a ton out of Beal and the real good wideout they had.

Reactions: nepsy7
I have always been impressed with Hales schemes and play calling. I was always impressed with his " feel" during games. Certainly Knotts is elite. Always had alot of respect for AB. He was a guy who ran something until they stopped it. Never got too caught up in being cute. I thought in his very short time at MC Joe Cox was pretty impressive. He took a team that had Jsam and Pittman in 2013 and morphed it into a speed and throw it downfield offense that was dynamite.

I dont know who was calling plays for East Forsyth in 2015 but I thought he got a ton out of Beal and the real good wideout they had.
Nique Martin was the wideout they had in 2015

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT