ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek Fans ?

No Dog in the Fight

Aug 30, 2012
What position did Jaylen Samuels play at MC?

On one of the Steelers' broadcast, I heard it mentioned that his 100yd rushing game was something he didn't do in college or HS. I'm guessing he was used mainly as a wideout, or got the ball on jet sweeps, or shovel passes, and as a returner on special teams?

And, I'm guessing that Lawrence Pittman was mainly used as the RB?

He played safety as a sophomore. His junior season he played slot. Senior year he played TE, Slot, RB, Wild Cat QB. Finished the season with 55 TD's. His senior year Pittman finished with over 2000 yd rushing. I know I was shocked on that statement. MC does not keep stats, but he definitely had over a 100yd game while in High School . His 1st TD for MC was a 105yd interception playing safety as a sophomore.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I would be surprised if Samuels did not have a game with over a hundred yards rushing in high school.

Absolutely one of the very best all around high school players I have ever watched play. I truly believe he could have played any position on the field. A weapon on offense from any position and spot on the field. In a more limited program he would have never came off the field.

Pittman handled the majority of the carries. He plays in the CFL after a very good career at Wingate.

Someone asked me what position he played and I replied, "football player."

If he would have been 6'2" I think he would have been a high four star recruit. NC State got a steal with him.

Seems weird that he has yet to find a position. Or that his coaches wouldn't just put him at RB? MC is different in that they had so much talent. Saw Pittman in several games at Wingate and couldn't believe he was at a D2.

Why did NC State not put him at RB? He was listed as an H Back, but is a little short for a TE, a bit too heavy for a WR, too dynamic to be a blocking back, but just right as a RB.

On the other hand, I had him on my fantasy team and because of how he is listed, I could play him at RB, TE, or Flex.

Seems weird that he has yet to find a position. Or that his coaches wouldn't just put him at RB? MC is different in that they had so much talent. Saw Pittman in several games at Wingate and couldn't believe he was at a D2.

Why did NC State not put him at RB? He was listed as an H Back, but is a little short for a TE, a bit too heavy for a WR, too dynamic to be a blocking back, but just right as a RB.

On the other hand, I had him on my fantasy team and because of how he is listed, I could play him at RB, TE, or Flex.

NC State when recruiting him specifically told him they would use him exactly like he was being used in HS. Mallard Creek backfield 2013 most likely would have been Samuels at the feature tailback position but during the summer Lawrence Pittman and his family moved to the Creek area. Pittman was being bad mouthed by his Coach at East Meck (I will not say his name) as a injury prone kid who had a work ethic problem. Pittman thrived in the Creek culture and with Samuels incredible catching ability and blocking he was designated the swiss army knife and the two scored 80 plus TD's just between the two of them and the offense took off with James Smith at QB, Vernon Grier & Kyle Horton at WR's and Maylen Medley at TE. Samuels will do the exact same thing in Pittsburgh once they start to throw the ball to him more they have a very potent 1 - 2 punch with Samuels/Connor which reminds me of the Pittman/Samuels combination. Now if someone can get Antonio Brown on some "humble" pills they could quite possibly make the playoffs easily in the near future. LOL

Exceptional athlete

Those two guards 50 and 55 pulling good lord thats how its done... Did those two go anywhere? They really caught my eye watching this video, outstanding blocking I mean tremendous and never stopped the entire play every time ....

The Best OLine in Mallard Creek History. They were 30 & 40 yards down field blocking. Lenoir Ryhne & UNCC. #55 could have went pretty much anywhere he wanted. He played defense also. He was a late qualifier, everyone was after him his senior year. He decided to stay with UNCC since they offered him 1st.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT