ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek (25) at Asheville (9)

Charlotte Catholic is at around 1200 and people are thrilled they have to play in 4A. But they don’t mention it in their posts. They just go out and play.
Charlotte Catholic is a private school where lots of players come to play football, and have a feeder middle school that feeds just one school. Charlotte Catholic also has a 25 mile geographical border with 6 counties players can come from. So residency isn't much of an issue. 82% of the schools voted to remove parochial/private schools from the NCHSAA. be sure to mention it all.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and Veejay4
Charlotte Catholic is a private school where lots of players come to play football, and have a feeder middle school that feeds just one school. Charlotte Catholic also has a 25 mile geographical border with 6 counties players can come from. So residency isn't much of an issue. 82% of the schools voted to remove parochial/private schools from the NCHSAA. be sure to mention it all.
I'm kind of an outlier here. Personally, it wouldn't upset me too much if Catholic had to leave the NCHSAA. They could play fairly good competition from other private schools. Plus like they've done before, they could play teams from other catholic and private school leagues from out of state. Cardinal Gibbons and Charlotte Catholic could be the beginnings of a pretty good catholic/private school league.

Yes, Catholic has a better program and football tradition but will it really happen? Will Catholic, Gibbons, Bishop, CTK EITHER be removed from the NCHSAA or bumped up (Bishop/CTK)?

Hey Asheville fans, you lost to Robbinsville and Kings Mountain earlier in the year. What happened those games? Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious.

Hey Asheville fans, you lost to Robbinsville and Kings Mountain earlier in the year. What happened those games? Not trying to start anything, just genuinely curious.
Covid and injures. Our kicker was literally playing on the OL and DL. Both games we had 4 OL/DL out. And lost starting QB 2nd qtr of KM game. Taking nothing away from them teams… good teams. No excuses.

Many good games on NFHS tonight. But this game is not listed. Is it being streamed?

Asheville High Fans,

I am staying in nearby Candler and looking to go to the game. With traffic and trying to get in. How much time should allow for parking and walking? Also, no judgment are fans required to wear masks inside the stadium? I have noticed there is a difference in expectations from Asheville to Candler.

Thanks for any advice looking forward to seeing an actual western NC playoffs

Be sure to state the truth.. you seem to have an issue with the truth 82% of the schools voted to remove Catholic... again you don't tell the truth becuase that is not a factual statement , which is why you do not have credibility. You also fail to state that all the kids from Holy Trinity don't all go to Charlotte catholic. or how man kids move to other schools than come to Catholic... or that catholic draws its 90% + of its students from a population that makes up about 5% of the population. ( I understand that doing some basic math is hard for you). Especially if it does not support your BS narrative. I would be willing to bet that most of the good programs in Charlotte have had more transfers in one year, than Catholic has had in a decade. You can not even say the word parochial school because a private school is not allowed to play in the public school league.

You can't even say it...

Fina
Good game. Defense stood strong. QB1 got a concussion on scoring td to take a 12-0 lead. MC scored 13 unanswered in 4th. Congrats creek
Oh well! We have the National All Star team next week. Starting at SS out of G-Boro, Starting at RB out of Fayetteville, Starting in the secondary from SC, Starting on DL from Texas, flying in from Hawaii ....etc etc :)

8 teams left in West 4a- They all come from three conferences.
Yes, and six of those eight are from two conferences. Who would've thought the predominantly Union County conference would have three teams remaining . Weddington perhaps, but I didn't see Cuthbertson and Porter Ridge still standing. The way they started the season, I didn't expect Mallard Creek to still be here either. Good luck to all the teams remaining. You've played well and all deserve to be here.

Reactions: onioncfb and nepsy7
I think probably the biggest surprise is the South Meck and Southwestern got nobody past the 2nd round. Lots of people in Charlotte were screaming about Olympic not being in but now it doesnt look like a big oversight.

I think probably the biggest surprise is the South Meck and Southwestern got nobody past the 2nd round. Lots of people in Charlotte were screaming about Olympic not being in but now it doesnt look like a big oversight.
Mallard Creek, Hough, chambers (vance) left. Crazy

8 teams left in West 4a- They all come from three conferences.
I expect this for the next 3 years as well. Larger schools have an advantage, tough for smaller schools in smaller cities to match the depth. Asheville did very good this year, but realistically no one expected ACR or Asheville to compete for a state title.

Reactions: KM2ASU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT