ADVERTISEMENT

Maiden at Reidsville

Just noticed that NCHSAA has lost count of the rounds ... they say third round pairings in this news release ...too many rounds in my opinion. 10 regular season games, then 6 playoff round$.

The pros have only 4 rounds so this is a bit much to ask of teenagers, many of whom will immediately transition into another sport.

Just noticed that NCHSAA has lost count of the rounds ... they say third round pairings in this news release ...too many rounds in my opinion. 10 regular season games, then 6 playoff round$.

The pros have only 4 rounds so this is a bit much to ask of teenagers, many of whom will immediately transition into another sport.
Couldn't agree more. Having 64 teams per classification and having to win six playoff games in order to win a state championship is ridiculous. I liked the old days of playing 11 regular season games, then having a 2A and 2AA champion. Even the older days of having a Western "State" Champion and an Eastern "State" Champion, basically the same as having 2A and 2AA divisions, was, IMO, superior to the current money-grabbing scenario. Both champions would be legit "State" Champions as far as I'm concerned, because they would have gone as far as they were allowed to go in their given category. I remember the days when the state would allow only two playoff games, and only conference champions made the playoffs. In 1965, Maiden played Sylva-Webster for one of four "state" championships. They had a Western Champion, as well as a Midwest, Mideast, and Eastern Champion. Sylva-Webster won the game 26-13, and were considered the Western Region "State" Champion. Definitely not in favor of going that route again, but I think the 11 game regular season and having a 2A and 2AA champion was working just fine.

In 2 weeks Reidsville's confidence went up 100 fold, especially when the brackets came out.

they're all peacocking around like:

walk-strut.gif

I can’t get enough! If they took a month off and started back in January it be alright with me. I know it’s not feasible and many coaches and players would balk at the idea, for good reason. I just love high school football.
They could play flag football in the spring. That would be a good compromise. Lol.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
Kyle Pinnix was better in all aspects I think. Anthony Crews could put it wherever. Ain't nobody talking about our 2 peat that got us back on the map with Crews And Jerome Simpson! One thing about it Community Stadium has had a better WR than Culliver!!! The Front Flip TD Man himself Jerome Simpson. Who else in NC or anywhere had the SC Top 10 number 1 play ALL YEAR LONG!!....Don't Forget Breon Pass left a Full Ride to Texas A&M and more on the table to hoop with NC State and Trequavion! Not mistaken Breon was top 500 around 460 very close to a 4 star rating. 247 I believe. Queshyne Flippen hit 21 Receiving TDs last year (Ram Record) and they almost all were him running that 4.39 and HIS PADS DIDNT SLOW HIM DOWN! He's not Small he's thin. But anybody that has seen him last year knows he is just as fast as Culliver. We have seen Sage Suratt and Dwight Jones and beat them. Quantavius Sturdivant was supposed to Dominate us forgot the year. Not a WR. But I'm just gonna keep firing. Northwest Guilford WR that was a monster. Tarheel Commit I believe. Beat him too . (We finally got him. Keenan Allen we have him fits. Northern didn't Rout us. We played them very respectable. We finally got over the 4A Hump! Northwest Guilford Fans were BUTTHURT when we went to the big water tower and beat that big OL and shut them damn "Them small 2a Reidsville boys can't beat us and NWG by 30" mfs up! It took some crow to eat a few years. Then 07 08 09 came and we all know what happened with that for all you Early Onset Dementia MFs that don't realize we had 5 rings in 7 years in this format including a 2 and 3 PEAT and the 48-0 3 years in which we were top 400 in the nation in 09. Not only could any 2A team get close Id bet my left nut we would HAVE ROUTED ANY 4A team that year. Best Defense I've seen! We were holding teams to negative yards Think we averages 55 a game and allowed 5. Without looking that includes the playoffs. And that's with our Hall of Fame HBC Jimmy T leaving and being coached by Doug Rob. Who beat us this year! And we went 7-0 and was 55-0 (longest win streak in the NATION) Before our QB threw a hissy fit at halftime against ER I believe and gave the game away 2nd half and we took our first L since Shelby in 06 I believe. 2011-12 we were robbed after going to Cummings and demolishing them. Kinston down 20-16 with 6 seconds I believe in Kinston threw a HAIL MARY that hit the ground (on video) and they got the TD nod and went on to lose to WEST STOKES who we dominated for 4 years and STOLE OUR GLORY. WE WOULD HAVE ROUTED THEM! SO SAD WE COULD NOT GET THAT CALL OVERTURNED WITH 100 PERCENT PROOF OF A DROP. That hurt. Then Shelby and Ltown took us out deep the next few years. We got our face back against Suratt. But Shelby embarrassed us like Burns just did them. Then came back to community Stadium and that Big ass QB just made plays against our #1 D and our #2 offense couldn't finish drives on Shelby's #2 D. We Blocked that punt and we had life. But Shelby put up 3 to go up 17-7 at the half and beat us again. Then comes 16 17 18 19 and COVID 20 in which we made all 5 appearances in those Title games! I'm sure Edenton Holmes Northeastern and MT Heritage are Maiden Fans Friday! We were 1 STUUUUUUPID LATE HIT ON WRH's QB from a 5 peat barring a miracle 4th and goal from the 13 passing TD from a QB that averaged 2 passes a game without looking. They kick a FG and we walk it in. A 14 point 4th quarter comeback that includes a beautiful Game Tying drive after we finally stopped the best RB UNC has ever had and I have ever seen in HS. A Selfish late hit and a fumble into the end zone after a 9 yard breeze gain on 1st. Heartbreak City again . And 2020 was finally our year to get a Game back on Shelby! I was FURIOUS. Gavin Gosnell beat us to it! We just had to be threw in the east! But Poor MT. Heritage ran INTO BLUE DEATH for the 3rd year in a row. As did Northeastern! Kyle Pinnix BABY!!! 2019 Weather was Northeasterns DREAM. Our Defense STIFLED THAT RUN GAME! AND WE HIT ON 2 BIG DEEP BALLS! AND THAT AFTER MT. HERITAGE CAME TO REIDSVILLE AND SHOWED UP AND SHOWED OUT!!! I SAY ALL THAT TO SAY THIS.... Chris Culliver is No Jevontae Williams...
No D Jones... No Jerome Simpson...No Sage Suratt...No Quantavius Sturdivant (in High School) yes I know he's ranked way higher than Sturdivant was. And I know he wasnt a wide out. But no Reidsville his senior year then he gets a ring .one man band. And if y'all think we aren't going to play man against Culliver then you must not know how confident we are in the secondary. I know Eastern Alamance QB isn't a Stud. But he is a game manager. You don't go 9-0 (9-1 if they didn't dodge the Blue Death last year) and get the #1 3A East Seed a year after they lost to Western Alamance in the 3A Semi Finals and get the #2 3A East nod this year. EA was unbeatable a few years. So it is a big feat to Stop a 400 yard agame rushing attack and capitalizing by picking a good QB off 5 times to essentially get home field 5 games in the west playoffs. If maiden wants a shootout then we are y'all's Huckleberry!!!!! Y'all think we ain't got 4 we can terrorize y'all's suspect secondary with. Flippen (Mark my words I'll be standing with his dad) Is hearing all this Culliver talk. If yalls front doesn't disturb Al Lee then QUEYSHYNE IS GONNA SHINE. DIONTE NEAL IS GOING TO DO EVERYTHING . Ayden Mansfield Poteat J Redd and Widerman will punish you if you try and bracket Flip and Neal. Not to mention our MONSTER FRESHMAN. YALL ARE GONNA JOIN THE HE MAN REIDSVILLE RAM HATERS CLUB. KEEP THE CAR RUNNING. GONNA BE A MASS EXIT MAYBE AT HALFTIME..... Chase averaged 50. We GOOSEGGED EM. YALL HAVE PLAYED A BETTER SCHEDULE.BUT SAINT STEPHENS BY 10? YALL HAVE ALLOWED ALOT OF POINTS TO MEDIOCRE TEAMS AND THEY WAS 4-7!!!! AND YALL DONT PUT 30 UP . Y'all will need 60 to beat us in good weather! Raaaaaaaam PRIIIIIIDE....youuuuuuu knowwww!!!!
I bet the only way you

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramblings of a mad man...too long didn't read. Had to bury my dog yesterday and I don't have the energy to muster a rebuttal...doesn't matter anyway you wouldn't take any stats I put down seriously. Culliver is the #2 receiver in the nation. RB Gibbs and QB Thompson are also nationally ranked. Our defense has been missing players all year until recently and now we're rolling and peaking.

Your confidence is arrogance...deserved I'm sure bc of Reidsville success...

You seek praise for the work carried on other men's backs.

You said something about hating Reidsville...I don't hate anyone...but I dislike a few and you'll be on that list soon. An insufferable buffoon set in his ways.

I won't argue with you anymore...just know on Saturday morning I'll have @Lincolnton whip up a Playlist you can listen to while you pull your head out of your ass.
Such a Gentleman. Grizzly thinks he is writing Cullivers Travels, but this stop will not be Lilliput. Hope he makes a Swift exit.

Idk with football being a dying sport in some areas rewarding as many teams with playoff berths is not a bad idea IMO....makes it a lot easier to build programs

LOL, AAW, that was WLON's version of taking a walk on the wild side... For the sake of a little trivia, WLON had a sister station in Rockingham County. Seems like the name of it was WLOE in Eden.

Also, AAW, I don't know why this just dawned on me today, you're the only person living in town I know of with a small creek that runs through a portion of his front yard. Now, that's unique...And it looks good, too.

Last edited:
LOL, AAW, that was WLON's version of taking a walk on the wild side... For the sake of a little trivia, WLON had a sister station in Rockingham County. Seems like the name of it was WLOE in Eden.

Also, AAW, I don't know why this just dawned on me today, you're the only person living in town I know of with a small creek that runs through a portion of his front yard. Now, that's unique...And it looks good, too.
And interesting little confluence of streams from both sides! Made all the more interesting when influential, upper crust neighbors descend from the heights to add a little class to the landscape!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Population of Maiden is 3,700 abouts

Population of Reidsville is 14,500 abouts

No chance they get that title...plus their title is pretty good too.

Fella earlier pointed out that Reidsville high school is smaller than Maiden....I'm wondering what other high schools are in Reidsville? A lot of talent in 14,500 population
Then again, they aren't likely attracting talent from as large a geographical area or population than yall, lol. If the message boards are to be believed😂

Rockingham County High School is about 7 miles away from Reidsville High. Rockingham High is 3-A. Two other high schools in Rockingham County are in Reidsville's conference - Morehead (Eden) and McMichael (Madison-Mayodan-Stoneville) ... there's also a charter high school in Bethany.

Rockingham County High School is about 7 miles away from Reidsville High. Rockingham High is 3-A. Two other high schools in Rockingham County are in Reidsville's conference - Morehead (Eden) and McMichael (Madison-Mayodan-Stoneville) ... there's also a charter high school in Bethany.
Not unlike Lincolnton. Our publicly funded private school is the closest. They sap some of our talent. We lose some other students to neighboring schools for less-than-honorable reasons, and then some more to glitzy programs.

I'd suppose Reidsville has some of that going on as well. Impressively successful, considering the small enrollment. Heck, impressive no matter how the numbers get squeezed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT