ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

Yup. They eased Duck in as he's been out for a long period of time and they didn't want to give him too much. Ready for both him and Grimes to man both ends of the field for an entire game.

Whats your inside on Rice? Saw him at the game this weekend, he looked excited. After unc waxing UVA like they did, does that push UNC to the top. Va buddy of mine said, he heard it was down to UVA and UNC?

Whats your inside on Rice? Saw him at the game this weekend, he looked excited. After unc waxing UVA like they did, does that push UNC to the top. Va buddy of mine said, he heard it was down to UVA and UNC?
His mom is really close to Tony Grimes' dad, and Tony and Rice are good friends. Feel like he will pop to UNC soon.

Reactions: UNC91
My take on UNCs rushing success Saturday night was because UVA only put 5 in the box most of the night. That would make any RB look good, Hopefully our Heels continue to get better on defense, oline and RB production. With us losing to VT every game is a must win, no room for error. On a side note if we are fortunate to play for ACC title, Clemson looks very beatable.

My take on UNCs rushing success Saturday night was because UVA only put 5 in the box most of the night. That would make any RB look good, Hopefully our Heels continue to get better on defense, oline and RB production. With us losing to VT every game is a must win, no room for error. On a side note if we are fortunate to play for ACC title, Clemson looks very beatable.
Or look at how bad TN has been over the past few years in the OL and especially at QB. Maybe Ty Chandler is finally living up to his ranking as a recruit. He was a top 80 player in the country high 4 star. Look at the RBs ranked ahead of him in the 2017 class.

E_vnQHIWUA06c3K.jpg

I don't buy into the whole "we had success because ". UNC dominated both in the air and on the ground. If they schemed to take away something, and UNC balled out both ways, think we need to give UNC a little credit. Bateman and the D have done really well in the second half this year but no doubt they need to play better in all 4 quarters. #25 and #33 had really good games, and both were reserves coming into the game Saturday. I think if they play more of the young guys on D, they'll be surprised by the results.

I don't buy into the whole "we had success because ". UNC dominated both in the air and on the ground. If they schemed to take away something, and UNC balled out both ways, think we need to give UNC a little credit. Bateman and the D have done really well in the second half this year but no doubt they need to play better in all 4 quarters. #25 and #33 had really good games, and both were reserves coming into the game Saturday. I think if they play more of the young guys on D, they'll be surprised by the results.
wasnt meant to slight UNC at all, They did ball out both ways, of course our air attack is good no matter how you line up, I guess we will see Saturday night if our ground game is truly getting better. I am right there with you though on playing our young defensive guys.

wasnt meant to slight UNC at all, They did ball out both ways, of course our air attack is good no matter how you line up, I guess we will see Saturday night if our ground game is truly getting better. I am right there with you though on playing our young defensive guys.
Yea they need to continue to build off the performances the last few weeks, no doubt. Defense needs to play a complete game. Hoping we get Power, RaRa, Ritzie, Pinder, Bingley Jones, SIlver etc some snaps moving forward.

They're looking good. Really interested to see how Friday shakes out with their trip to UVA. Also wanting to see what Clemson does in Raleigh. At some point, the Tigers have to get it rolling on O with all of that talent.
I think the Clemson game got less interesting with all the NC State injuries. Wilson loss is huge.

Are you surprised to see Hopper go to App. He will be App highest rated recruit ever if he stays committed.
I like him and wanted him but was told UNC expressed no interest. For all the success UNC has had in recruiting, I still question some guys they haven't gone after in addition to the tactics of some guys they have gone after. App St has kinda always been the red headed step child compared to UNC, State, Wake, Duke, ECU etc but you can't discount what they've been able to do lately. Glad they got Hopper and hope they get more of the higher ranked NC kids.

I like him and wanted him but was told UNC expressed no interest. For all the success UNC has had in recruiting, I still question some guys they haven't gone after in addition to the tactics of some guys they have gone after. App St has kinda always been the red headed step child compared to UNC, State, Wake, Duke, ECU etc but you can't discount what they've been able to do lately. Glad they got Hopper and hope they get more of the higher ranked NC kids.

App is a good fit for Hopper. I think he's a tad undersized for what we typically look for in a NT and we're stacked at 4i.

OL is about the only position where I kind of wonder what we're doing. Couple headscratchers there. But it's a notoriously difficult position group to evaluate.

The frustrating thing about UNC is they tend to over-complicate things. Last week, we had the ball in the redzone, averaging almost 10 yds per carry, and we turn it over on a slow developing POP play. They finally figured it out in the second half - just do what works.

That bowl game against Baylor in 2015 (?). They were missing both first and second string QBs. Briles went to that spread single-wing look and ran the ball over 80 times against us because it worked. Art Briles was a no-nonsense coach. I see a lot of that in Clawson. I hope Longo eventually takes that approach. But he had the same reputation at Ole Miss - all vert concepts and makes boneheaded calls in the redzone. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:
App is a good fit for Hopper. I think he's a tad undersized for what we typically look for in a NT and we're stacked at 4i.

OL is about the only position where I kind of wonder what we're doing. Couple headscratchers there. But it's a notoriously difficult position group to evaluate.
I'm wondering if Anderson comes back next year at Center, due to the extra year from last season. If not, do you think Adorno starts there? If Rice commits, any shot in hell he plays week 1 at LT/RT?

I'm wondering if Anderson comes back next year at Center, due to the extra year from last season. If not, do you think Adorno starts there? If Rice commits, any shot in hell he plays week 1 at LT/RT?

I've heard that LCA coaches have been giving positive feedback re Rice for weeks now. I'm not sure if he'd start and lean towards Anderson not coming back for a covid year. With Howell likely leaving, I'd like to see us go ahead and get as much experience as possible for the young guys.

One more solid year recruiting would give us four consecutive top-15 classes. That's when you should start to see the biggest difference on the field. That talent will start working its way into the 2-deep. Unfortunately, we won't have Howell. But we should hit on Maye, Criswell or Hudson. Time will tell on the OL. That's the only room that's a bit of a concern.

The frustrating thing about UNC is they tend to over-complicate things. Last week, we had the ball in the redzone, averaging almost 10 yds per carry, and we turn it over on a slow developing POP play. They finally figured it out in the second half - just do what works.

That bowl game against Baylor in 2015 (?). They were missing both first and second string QBs. Briles went to that spread single-wing look and ran the ball over 80 times against us because it worked. Art Briles was a no nonsense coach. I see a lot of that in Clawson. I hope Longo eventually takes that approach. But he had the same reputation at Ole Miss - all vert concepts and makes boneheaded calls in the redzone. So I'll believe it when I see it.

No non sense coach? He had like 18 players accused of rape? How is this no non sense?

No non sense coach? He had like 18 players accused of rape? How is this no non sense?

Yeah lol. I thought about that as I was typing it. I meant strictly on-the-field stuff. Longo, I feel like gets too cute sometimes, and it costs us. That play in the 1st half against UVA was huge. Be that as it may, he's still dialing up some good numbers.

Last edited:
I've heard that LCA coaches have been giving positive feedback re Rice for weeks now. I'm not sure if he'd start and lean towards Anderson not coming back for a covid year. With Howell likely leaving, I'd like to see us go ahead and get as much experience as possible for the young guys.

One more solid year recruiting would give us four consecutive top-15 classes. That's when you should start to see the biggest difference on the field. That talent will start working it's way into the 2-deep. Unfortunately, we won't have Howell. But we should hit on Maye, Criswell or Hudson. Time will tell on the OL. That's the only room that's a bit of a concern.
Yea I've heard Rice is a lock for a few weeks now. I would be shocked if Maye doesn't start in 2022 and 2023. Maye, Hampton, Pett, Nesbit, Downs, Brown, Blackwell, Paysour, Jones etc will be fun to watch the next few years.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Yea I've heard Rice is a lock for a few weeks now. I would be shocked if Maye doesn't start in 2022 and 2023. Maye, Hampton, Pett, Nesbit, Downs, Brown, Blackwell, Paysour, Jones etc will be fun to watch the next few years.

Maye has to start, much more potential then any others. Howell has got to leave, not very strong QB draft this year.

Yeah lol. I thought about that as I was typing it. I meant strictly on-the-field stuff. Longo, I feel like gets too cute sometimes, and it costs us. That play in the 1st half against UVA was huge. Be that as it may, he's still dialing up some good numbers.

Yes on the field briles a hell of a coach. Much better then longo, but we shall see if the talent Mack brought in can overshadow some of the cute play calls

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT