ADVERTISEMENT

MAC week 3.....

Don't worrie bear nation, yall not playing a NB or enka this week, you'll see the difference soon

Well Hello pot meet kettle? Really? I've never heard of a Asheville kid jawing or getting off easy? You've took players thrown out of other schools for years..expect a big crowd from Canton to much Asheville in the end Cougars by 14 but don't act like your guys have never jawed played them my freshman year before the series stopped and I can assure you they do. As for the ejection he deserved it but one in particular enka player had done the same thing all night long and never even drew a flag.

FYI, AVL99 is an enka supporter.

Every now and then Asheville will have a real good jv team but most years they are very average. From what I understand they have had trouble putting points on the board so far. If pisgahs jv is solid they will likely win.

I haven't posted on ncpreps in years due to the bickering that went on between Pisgah and Tuscola fans that was not pertinent to football; and it seems that still goes on to a certain extent, but this discussion seems mostly civil. Everyone knows the skill players; and we all know about Pete, but who else stands out in the Asheville line?

Cade Pearson, he is a beast on both sides of the ball. Very strong, quick feet, and he has a high motor. I know Pete has the big upside, but Cade has had some of the best blocks I've seen the first couple games. Pete's little brother Andrew is also a solid lineman that plays a lot both ways. Not as big as Pete but he is just a Sophomore, and he played a lot of minutes last year as a Freshman.

I haven't seen little leota do much this year but by the time he graduates he's gonna be just as highly recruited as his brother. We call him "little leota" but he's 6'3" 210 pound sophomore who has started every game at ashevile high. He is already big. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be 6'4" 6'5" 240 by the time he graduates

Yeah I think if he does end up being recruited pretty heavily that it will be as d-end.

Every now and then Asheville will have a real good jv team but most years they are very average. From what I understand they have had trouble putting points on the board so far. If pisgahs jv is solid they will likely win.

Most of those kids are coming from the middle school spread offense and have to learn everything from scratch at the JV level. In years past the middle school ran a mini version of the high schools scheme.

I haven't posted on ncpreps in years due to the bickering that went on between Pisgah and Tuscola fans that was not pertinent to football; and it seems that still goes on to a certain extent, but this discussion seems mostly civil. Everyone knows the skill players; and we all know about Pete, but who else stands out in the Asheville line?

BearFan, as the other guys have mentioned already Cade Pearson is a beast. Plays a lot both ways and never takes a play off. Also one of the most soft spoken and all around decent young men you'll ever run into. Little Leota is also a go getter. He's the white..."whitish"....version of Pearson. Dang good boys with no mouth or attitudes. Shivers is at TE for us this year and as a blocker he'll knock your teeth out when needs to. He's also got a good set of hands. The other guys on the line are basically just being plugged in and doing the best they can.

I like 71 the center. He's a big guy too. Please let us get brewer and Drummond the ball this week lol.

lol....I forgot about Keonta. One of the funniest guys on the team and will also make some big holes.

Don't worrie bear nation, yall not playing a NB or enka this week, you'll see the difference soon
we all follow football i think we all know the difference in NB and Enka and playing Asheville, i expect the bears to give you a similar game to what Franklin did

In all seriousness though, will pisgah have a guy out this week? I'm real interested in seeing how many fans pisgah brings

From what I've heard the ejection was changed to a disqualification so he will be playing. I want to see us play pisgah with all their players so I think it's good.

I guarantee you you will bring more fans to Asheville high Friday than we will bring to Asheville high Friday.

Reactions: GATA 88
Pisgah fans respect Asheville's football team. Asheville over the years has pretty much dominated Pisgah. As far as how many of us will be there Friday night is a question mark. I've been going to games pretty faithfully since about 96. The fan base is not what it use to be. We still do bring more fans than most schools in the mtns. Our fans expect a good solid football game. Hopefully we can stay on the field with Asheville's monster line and speed.

Packer, he looks pretty dang good. Definitely an athlete playing QB. Didn't realize how big he had gotten. Don't know if he's quite on that level but he is pretty close. He's for sure up there with the Brown brothers and Holloway. Could definitely make the case he's the best skill player from this area since Crezdon and Johnny if he continues to put up those types of numbers all year.

Coach Wilkins said in the paper he expects a lot of the same things from each team. Downhill running, play action passes and good defense. Asheville has the edge, but our defense has been a disappointment so far. Pisgah will bring the most fans this year most likely to Asheville high and Asheville high will be the best stadium Pisgah will play in this year. The biggest crowds I have seen at Asheville high was a tie between South Point and Tuscola, both in 2003 and they not only filled the entire away side, but there hundreds if not thousands on the hill and standing on the top. South point was louder (because they won). I imagine Pisgah will nearly fill up the away side, which is a ton of people. Most outsiders don't realize how big Asheville's away side is, or the home side for that matter. Asheville doesn't have the fan support they deserve, but on the same note, our home side is literally 2-3 times bigger than most other schools in the entire state of north Carolina. So when Asheville has 2,000 fans on the home side it looks like pathetic fan support, but when Roberson has 2,000 fans on its home side, it looks packed. Its pretty awesome to see Asheville High Memorial stadium full because it so rarely happens. I hope it happens Friday.

i expect we will nearly fill the vistors side, its early in the year and some people will still be taking the weekend to enjoy warm weather and stuff out of town. It will be the biggest gate that Asheville gets from an away team this year tho no doubt. Im looking forward to playing Asheville again its a good measuring stick for where we are and it will help come playoff time. If we can win the turnover battle who knows but im afraid Asheville will be to much in the end. Not been to a Asheville game since 2000 but i always enjoy it and i think the style of play better prepares us for our conference now then Erwin did now that they are spreading the field more,Asheville is down hill much like Franklin and us. I would like to drop Madison and keep the Erwin games going the crowd was great and games were good but thats just my prefrence

The best stadium the bears play in is in Canton...not Asheville.... Home field is always the best...Asheville has a big home side but never fills it and certainly won't fill our visitors side next year

Outsider looking in.... Not a fan of Peeesguh or the Cooooooguhs but let's get one thing clear. Asheville's stadium is the best looking stadium in WNC bar none. It's really not close. Sorta reminds me of a small private college.

Packer, he looks pretty dang good. Definitely an athlete playing QB. Didn't realize how big he had gotten. Don't know if he's quite on that level but he is pretty close. He's for sure up there with the Brown brothers and Holloway. Could definitely make the case he's the best skill player from this area since Crezdon and Johnny if he continues to put up those types of numbers all year.

The AC-T has him down for 500 rushing yards, 235, passing yards and 9 combined touchdowns. Wow. If anyone hasn't seen this kid play football you are missing something special.

Jubal2sfriend please go hide somewhere for the remainder of the year.

Asheville's stadium may hold more fans but Pisgah's is more fan friendly. For one thing there's more parking. Its all flat. No hills or steps to climb to get in the stadium. Concessions and bathrooms on both sides. Big grassy area for the kids to play.

In all seriousness though, will pisgah have a guy out this week? I'm real interested in seeing how many fans pisgah brings

If Pisgah fans think they are going to lose only the die hard and parents will show up and if they are getting a beatdown they will start to leave in the third quarter. I doubt they have a guy out. Rules are different in Canton. Their AD has a lot of pull. I am curious as to who their best player is though. Asheville stadium is beautiful. Only people from Canton enjoy the sight of the mill pollution in the background.

Last edited:
Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
If Pisgah fans think they are going to lose only the die hard and parents will show up and if they are getting a beatdown they will start to leave in the third quarter. I doubt they have a guy out. Rules are different in Canton. Their AD has a lot of pull. I am curious as to who their best player is though. Asheville stadium is beautiful. Only people from Canton enjoy the sight of the mill pollution in the background.
LOL @ Mulekicker14... you must have been on the south end beating the Bears gave the Jets in the 4th.

As far as this game goes... Asheville is and should be the favorite. I hope the Bears can match their physicality and come away injury free. Really looking forward to making the trip and watching this game.

That mill is partly responsible for the best stadium in WNC.Champion employees now Evergreen along with other businesses and people in Haywood Country gave money, as much as 450 dollars each to build both Pisgah and Tuscola's stadiums back in the seventies.As far as I know the mill meets all air and water standards set by the state and federal gov.I had rather live in Canton anytime that live in Buncombe.Less crime,less traffic, and lower taxes.
As for the rules, that's the NCHAA that makes those.You need to read them.Does make me wonder if you guys are so sure your going to beat us why are you worried about which player we play Friday?

That mill is partly responsible for the best stadium in WNC.Champion employees now Evergreen along with other businesses and people in Haywood Country gave money, as much as 450 dollars each to build both Pisgah and Tuscola's stadiums back in the seventies.As far as I know the mill meets all air and water standards set by the state and federal gov.I had rather live in Canton anytime that live in Buncombe.Less crime,less traffic, and lower taxes.
As for the rules, that's the NCHAA that makes those.You need to read them.Does make me wonder if you guys are so sure your going to beat us why are you worried about which player we play Friday?
I don't think that Mulekicker14 is an Asheville fan. Pisgah respects Asheville, Reynolds and the Erwins of the world. I think he's an Enka fan and still mad about our "rivalry" game the other night.

Someone with more computer savvy than I should post a picture of Asheville's stadium alongside Pisgah's and let's take a look. I could be wrong. I don't think so but I could be. Also, don't take my comment personally about the mill. I'm sure it has provided many job opportunities for people of Haywood and surrounding counties. I'm just saying when you are talking about beautiful places, Canton don't immediately come to mind with that butt ugly mill sitting right in the middle of it. Now if you are talking about job opportunities, Champion/Evergreen whatever it is would probably rank pretty high especially if you are able to take advantage of affirmative action.

Do you remember Martese Jackson from Erwin. He was very explosive. It is a shame he only played one season.

I forgot about him. Does he still play at FLorida International? He reminded me of Darius Spencer from Reynolds who signed with ECU in 2007. Dowdle is on a different level as a D1 recruit as I remember Jackson was on the smaller size. Dowdle is a legit 205lbs and probably the best offensive player to ever come through Reynolds.

Jubal2sfriend= Tommy's boy...A Pursley person...pals..real chummy.... You know you are a SUPPORTER...of some kind!

Oh yeah Mr. Jubal2....yep it may look like a college stadium ...I can hardly to go thru the pat down and metal detectors to get in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT