ADVERTISEMENT

MAC week 3.....

I think kids can play 6 quarters a week in TN. So a lot of the kids on a team could be Freshman and Sophomore. In some cases 8th graders can play.
No worries. Erwin got that but handed to them. Not a word from my little Erwin buddy called warrior. Sleep good. You will need it next week also. Go Science Hill.

Lol. That's all I can say. With the exception of the little twerp flamer cqajdd most people are not laying it on Erwin too bad. I really cant explain what happened last night other than a complete snowball. Erwin had three quick turnovers in the their red zone that resulted in scores. Before you blinked at was 21-0 and Erwin panicked. For those of you asking what happened, do you remember the games a few years ago were Erwin dropped 60 on Reynolds and Asheville. That happened tonight. It was just a complete snowball. Those teams from ACR and Asheville were not terrible teams. A matter of fact the cougars came back and almost beat us the next week. Sometimes these games happen. Ootewlah was one of the best teams I have seen in person with the exception of the Indy teams with Chris Leak. Their defense was amazing. They are big and fast at every position. I go to NC playoffs games all they way through the state championship every season. Defensively this team was a mirror image of Crest last year. There is a reason nobody had scored a td on them this season including scrimmages. With that being said, I think Erwin will rebound nicely. Once we get the Science Hill game past us we will be alright. Franklin will feel like playing a jv team compared to these, and I'm really not disrespecting the Panthers. Go Warriors...

Last year when we played west high school, they brought 75 players over and not one of them was a little shrimp who was just happy to be on the team.

Nobody from Erwin gave you a hard time about losing that game. My buddy went to that game and this one. He said the teams had similar builds and numbers, but their demographics were completely different.

Macfan1..., it's tough playing a against a team with 75 players huh? Last year west high school brought 2 full youngs buses to Asheville high. Not one player went both ways. However I don't see how these Tennessee teams have 80 players but only have 1,600 students. I don't see Roberson or McDowell up here with 80 man rosters.

I totally agree. I was sitting there thinking "How the hell do they get this many good looking players on one team".

Did Poore not play in the game? I wasn't there. Did you guys go with your usual spread or did ya'll run the ball like last week? Just curious.

COUGAR-90, thanks for the support against the inbred from Tennessee. I have said it before, you are one of the classier fans on here. I love how he is taking shots at Asheville as a city when he is from a dump. One city can say presidents come here to vacation and Good Morning America recently named it the best city to live in America. Chattanooga is trash. They have a awesome football team there, but who really cares. I'll take our mountains any day.

COUGAR-90, thanks for the support against the inbred from Tennessee. I have said it before, you are one of the classier fans on here. I love how he is taking shots at Asheville as a city when he is from a dump. One city can say presidents come here to vacation and Good Morning America recently named it the best city to live in America. Chattanooga is trash. They have a awesome football team there, but who really cares. I'll take our mountains any day.

Please show me were at made an shots toward the city of Asheville? It's pot calling the kettle black when you throw the word inbred around when I grew up one county over from Asheville in the mountains. I don't live in Chattanooga, knoxville to be exact which isn't a dump and has mutiple awards to boot too. (Most patriotic city, most romantic city, etc)

BD, you and I are never gonna swap spit in the shower or take long walks on the beach together, but I'm always gonna pull for the MAC team no matter what anyone says. Like I've said many times before, we can all hate on each other during conference play, but when we're playing out of conference and especially in the playoffs, we should still be like family. A big messed up dysfunctional family, but family none the less. I honestly thought you guys had a chance in last nights game, but even if it was a forgone conclusion I was still pulling for the Warriors.

the 5a,6a,7a,etc stuff is misleading. it doesn't mean those schools are bigger than our 4a it just means that instead of dividing the total number of schools by 4 like nc does the divide them by different numbers. one could argue that nc has up 8a when the state playoffs are subdivided

Reactions: Swipes
This is what I responded too swipes
And you took that as putting down the city of Asheville? It's just pot calling the kettle black when calling me inbred when I can be in Asheville in 30 min from were I grew up. He basically called himself in inbred too....

the 5a,6a,7a,etc stuff is misleading. it doesn't mean those schools are bigger than our 4a it just means that instead of dividing the total number of schools by 4 like nc does the divide them by different numbers. one could argue that nc has up 8a when the state playoffs are subdivided

True, but how many have rosters with 80 players. Very few. Erwin had 63 a few seasons ago. That was a lot for wnc.

Wow. Would like to see some of these Western Tennessee teams play Charlotte/Greensboro/Raleigh-Durham/Fayettville area schools. Don't think they would enjoy the same success. Kudos to Erwin for scheduling a tough OOC schedule.

And you took that as putting down the city of Asheville? It's just pot calling the kettle black when calling me inbred when I can be in Asheville in 30 min from were I grew up. He basically called himself in inbred too....
I don't care who you guys sleep with up there as long as you keep jarring up that damn good hooch. Hugs from the big city and Charlotte Catholic High School.

Wow. Would like to see some of these Western Tennessee teams play Charlotte/Greensboro/Raleigh-Durham/Fayettville area schools. Don't think they would enjoy the same success. Kudos to Erwin for scheduling a tough OOC schedule.

I'm sure Maryville wouldn't mind playing some of those schools. That what kills me. People act like the football in TN sucks.The Private Schools Division has some really good teams.

We all are surprised at what happened to my Warriors Friday. I have seen multiple posts asking what happened. I don't post often and don't pretend to know everything about football but I believe we were playing a superior team size wise, athletically, talent wise and of course numbers wise.I have been to 8-10 games a year now for several years and in my opinion that was the best team we have played in the last 8-10 years. I would guess we will not see a better team this year period! Just my opinion.

I don't care who you guys sleep with up there as long as you keep jarring up that damn good hooch. Hugs from the big city and Charlotte Catholic High School.

What he said. We don't need to lose sight of what we are really good at producing. I feel Foot will forgive our average football teams if we keep producing Grade A quality charred.

Reactions: footsoldier
I'm sure Maryville wouldn't mind playing some of those schools. That what kills me. People act like the football in TN sucks.The Private Schools Division has some really good teams.

That is because you recruit, if we could go to multiple counties to get players, we would be better also.

Avery dont recruit but I have watched Maryville play a few times who has one of the best coaches in the country.

True, but how many have rosters with 80 players. Very few. Erwin had 63 a few seasons ago. That was a lot for wnc.
shelby had about 60 on their jv's and 50 on their varsity at a 2a school. freedom used to dress arond a hundred back in the 90's

[QUOTE="artvandelay, post: 168261, member: 118" ] just googed ooltewah hs they have 1404 students grade 9-12 shelby had about 60 on their jv's and 50 on their varsity at a 2a school. freedom used to dress around a hundred back in the 90's[/QUOTE]

We all are surprised at what happened to my Warriors Friday. I have seen multiple posts asking what happened. I don't post often and don't pretend to know everything about football but I believe we were playing a superior team size wise, athletically, talent wise and of course numbers wise.I have been to 8-10 games a year now for several years and in my opinion that was the best team we have played in the last 8-10 years. I would guess we will not see a better team this year period! Just my opinion.
I'm not surprised and not sure why everyone else is. Erwin has gotten away with playing a cup cake schedule for years. The only game they have won this year was against Mountain Heritage. That says it all. They could potentially be 1-4 after the next 2 games. Franklin no slouch.

I'm not surprised and not sure why everyone else is. Erwin has gotten away with playing a cup cake schedule for years. The only game they have won this year was against Mountain Heritage. That says it all. They could potentially be 1-4 after the next 2 games. Franklin no slouch.

Every single post you have made on this board is about Erwin. Obsessed much? Your team would be 1-3 with our schedule too. I promise you that.

Every single post you have made on this board is about Erwin. Obsessed much? Your team would be 1-3 with our schedule too. I promise you that.
Don't think so. Look at the schedule. Asheville Plays a hard schedule every year.

Don't think so. Look at the schedule. Asheville Plays a hard schedule every year.

You are trying to bait Erwin fans on here. I am not sure why because none of us have disrespected other teams fans on here the entire season. Like I said, NOBODY from wnc could have beat that team Friday. That is not disrespect, just truth.

Seasons past are hard to forget. Especially when Andrew Pearson and "Chubbs" Jarret wrote all those weekly articles about the undefeated Warriors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT