ADVERTISEMENT

Loris @ South Columbus

Looks like Dove is cook.East coast Man U see there schedule.3-7 at best.Even west Columbus will beat them.

Reactions: UNC_91
Coach Dove has 3 really good seasons under is belt at South where he’s won 12 games each season….

problem is the last 3 years he hasn’t won a combined 12 games….

did the talent drop that far ? I dunno … I’ve seen some south teams I didn’t think was very talented only to end up going deep in the playoffs…

i dunno the problem and I sure don’t know how to fix it a head football coach on any level is a very difficult job and I hope he can turn it around soon…

and West Columbus is gonna beat a lot of teams this year….

Last edited:
Coach Dove has 3 really good seasons under is belt at South where he’s won 12 games each season….

problem is the last 3 years he hasn’t won a combined 12 games….

did the talent drop that far ? I dunno … I’ve seen some south teams I didn’t think was very talented only to end up going deep in the playoffs…

i dunno the problem and I sure don’t know how to fix it a head football coach on any level is a very difficult job and I hope he can turn it around soon…

and West Columbus is gonna beat a lot of teams this year….
Haven't played anybody yet at WC. There's still no toughness to them I've seen. I think they lose to Whiteville,N.moore,SC. Pender,maybe Ttadk But what do I know? They beat Union,team that didn't even play football last year,West Bladen south beat pants of of them. Team they play this week canceled game already. Just being real man.

In my opinion they looked better against West Bladen than South did but I watched the replay where they streamed the game online not in person so I can’t say for 100% sure…. They might’ve beat two bad teams but they beat them convincingly like how you’re suppose to beat bad teams… they might fall flat on there face the rest of the season but I thought they looked like a solid football team …. Hell they almost beat South last year so I don’t think it’s to far fetched that they get em this season

Reactions: dirty stallion
Loris is definitely going to be a tough game to win for anybody this year. South has some skill players that can take it to the house at any moment but the lack of size on the defensive line is gonna be hard to overcome. This has been an ongoing problem for Coach Dove the last 3 seasons, he had size and speed his first 3 seasons and he made the most of it with deep playoff runs. He does a great job with the talent he has but that lack of size on the lines wear on teams. South’s players work hard and are game day ready but can get worn down after battling larger opponents. I still would like to see the qb under center sometimes for a different look and also the counter seems to work better under center when the backs hit the hole at full steam. That’s just my take. Go Stallions!!

Loris is definitely going to be a tough game to win for anybody this year. South has some skill players that can take it to the house at any moment but the lack of size on the defensive line is gonna be hard to overcome. This has been an ongoing problem for Coach Dove the last 3 seasons, he had size and speed his first 3 seasons and he made the most of it with deep playoff runs. He does a great job with the talent he has but that lack of size on the lines wear on teams. South’s players work hard and are game day ready but can get worn down after battling larger opponents. I still would like to see the qb under center sometimes for a different look and also the counter seems to work better under center when the backs hit the hole at full steam. That’s just my take. Go Stallions!!
There’s nothing I hate more than a RB getting the ball standing still…. I rather run the wildcat than the qb get the ball then turn around and hand it to the guy beside him…

Eastcoast, I personally have heard nothing but support for Coach Dove, he has put his heart and soul into the South Columbus football program and always doing what he can for the other sports as well. I surely don’t want anything said that will distract him or this football team from focusing on the goals they have set for this year, so we can nip that rumor in the bud. Stallions have a brutal early schedule this year but I believe Coach has the kids prepared to play each and every week, then hopefully stay healthy and have a shot to win another conference title.

Eastcoast, I personally have heard nothing but support for Coach Dove, he has put his heart and soul into the South Columbus football program and always doing what he can for the other sports as well. I surely don’t want anything said that will distract him or this football team from focusing on the goals they have set for this year, so we can nip that rumor in the bud. Stallions have a brutal early schedule this year but I believe Coach has the kids prepared to play each and every week, then hopefully stay healthy and have a shot to win another conference title.
U r in a fantasy land .Never heard of team 3-7 winning a conference championship.

• Haha
I don’t think anyone wants him gone ….I personally don’t want him gone… I’m more interested in seeing what he can do next season with a more seasoned team then maybe having that conversation…. South maybe wins 5 games this year though realistically…. The next 3 probably not even being close ….

I don’t think anyone wants him gone ….I personally don’t want him gone… I’m more interested in seeing what he can do next season with a more seasoned team then maybe having that conversation…. South maybe wins 5 games this year though realistically…. The next 3 probably not even being close ….
Exactly Core, you don’t have to win 10 games to win the conference since the first 5 games don’t count when you’re talking about winning the conference

Reactions: dogs79 and Core31
  • Haha
Pretty sure Wallace will send their JV team in first round to 5-6 conference champion.
Good for Wallace and maybe South Columbus doesn’t have a chance to win the conference, I don’t have a crystal ball. But if you think that I am throwing my team under the bus when it has only one loss, then you are the one living in fantasy land. I’m not getting on here bashing my team when I know for a fact that they have busted their behinds all spring and summer to try and win a conference championship, so good luck to your team but lay off mine. If the Stallions don’t win another game, so be it, but our fans will still support them simply for the effort they put forth and the love of South Columbus football.

• Haha
Not bashing just wish u look at realistic goals
I have a realistic goal, User. Maybe read between the lines a little bit on my last post and some I left at the top. I’m not crazy nor am I here to discourage our players. I am well aware of our situation. Not here to argue with you but I didn’t say South was gonna win the conference, I said that was our goal. What team doesn’t have goals when they start the season. Are a WRH fan, do they have goals? Not arguing man, just sayin…

Last edited:
I think some people forget we’re talkin bout kids here…. them just showing up all summer and putting in the work is reason enough not to talk about how bad they might be as a team… they’re kids just keep that in mind before you trash em….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT