ADVERTISEMENT

Lincolnton vs Reidsville Regional Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlooked here is the great job Reidsville Defensive Coordinator Doug Marrs did with the schemes to limit Surratt touches.

When you drop 8 in coverage and a 3 man line can pressure the Lincolnton QB it made for a tough night for the Wolves.

Rams #73 (Johnson) was a man among boys out there tonight. He was a one man wrecking crew with his pass rush pressure.

Congrats to Lincolnton on a great season. You just got beat by the great Rams defense tonight.

We`re 1 win from 19. Like "Boogie" said...Lettts Goooo!
Congratulations to Reidsville and hope you guys win next week truly.

And again another reference to #34? Really?

Happy for him. Hard worker on the field.

Where is alwaysawolf at was lighting up the boards just want him say u was right about that 21 points at halftime Geeesh didn't score 21 the whole game. Guess that bell of y'all's has a cold ride back. And weak schedule didn't see nothing weal but the wolves offense. The end

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
14 could possibly been ruled down before strip fumble for td. Just my opinion. Didn't matter anyway.

I guess the concession stand sold out of chewing gum because there was no a** kicking going on.

Wolves fans were shocked at the score board. They could not believe that their offense was being stuffed. In their hearts they really thought that the Reidsville D was overrated. Every week the proof has been in the pudding. They have to show you better than they can tell you.

Reactions: Stanimallector
Lincolnton was trash ...heard all week about this offense "greatest show on turf"...I only saw 3 plays...and #1 Austin Chestnutt from Reidsville has shown up and showed out again against another "D1" prospect...he is the Rams MVP hands down

Well played game by two talented teams.The game was in doubt until the Rams stopped the Wolves on 4th down with about 4 minutes to go. Talked to some nice Lincolnton folks except for one guy. Lincolnton folks should be proud of their team playing hard and having a good season.

Lincolnton's 7-point total actually hurt Reidsville's scoring defense average as it soared from 6.78 points allowed per game to 6.8.

Lincolnton was trash ...heard all week about this offense "greatest show on turf"...I only saw 3 plays...and #1 Austin Chestnutt from Reidsville has shown up and showed out again against another "D1" prospect...he is the Rams MVP hands down
Chestnutt balled out Again..Even the Refs cant stop his Swagg!

Reactions: Stanimallector
Lincolnton's 7-point total actually hurt Reidsville's scoring defense average as it soared from 6.78 points allowed per game to 6.8.

Yeah, well.... Tommy's BBQ in Thomasville > Short Sugars! Now I can say that I've been there (Short Sugars), done that. Wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I guess since our offense didn't live up to the hype tonight that makes us even. ;)

Here are some stats:
Rushing: Rams' Jaron Letterlough 111 yards on 12 carries; Bryson Durham 59 yards on 8 carries; Wolves' Zavier McClain 19 carries, 68 yards. Team rushing: Reidsville 189, Lincolnton 108.
Passing: Rams' Tanner Wilson 8-15-1, 112 yards, 1 TD; Wolves' Cordell Littlejohn 12-25-1, 79 yards, 1 TD. Team totals: Reidsville 112 yards, Lincolnton 79.
Receiving: Rams Austyn Chestnut 5 receptions, 95 yards, TD; Wolves' Sage Surge 10 receptions 75 yards, TD.
First Downs: Reidsville 14, Lincolnton 13.
Total yards: Reidsville 301, Lincolnton 187.
Tackles: Reidsville's Quiron Johnson 11, Alec Abel 10, Brandon Lee, Travoin Canada and Jaquan Hairston 7 each. Rams had 4 sacks - Brandon Lee 1, Quiron Johnson 1.5, Alec Abel 1, Jaquan Hairston 0.5.

Last edited:
Well in fairness guys it does take a while to drive from Reidsville to L'ton.................some of Wolves posters did post congrats.....but you are right...the slew of posts leading up to this game has slowed considerably.....................

Reactions: ramking2012
Well in fairness guys it does take a while to drive from Reidsville to L'ton.................some of Wolves posters did post congrats.....but you are right...the slew of posts leading up to this game has slowed considerably.....................
Like I said..The tears have drown out the wifi

Reactions: ramking2012
Hey Deana...The Mule and myself were wondering if you were here....I asked about you in the press box at halftime....but TGT said he had not seen you....Did you watch from the stands or field??

Hey guys!! Just got home. Just wanted to thank all the folks I met at the game. Two great programs battled it out on the gridiron. Despite the cold, I had a great time in Reidsville. Best wishes!!
Deana ... missed seeing you in the press box. Which venue are you attending next weekend?

I was on the top row on the right side of the bleachers. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the pressbox or to where you guys were. I honestly was too cold to move.

Hey guys!! Just got home. Just wanted to thank all the folks I met at the game. Two great programs battled it out on the gridiron. Despite the cold, I had a great time in Reidsville. Best wishes!!
You should`ve stopped by Short Sugars..The BBQ and Brunswick Stew would`ve warmed you up from the cold.

It's 2016 rambbq..they on those cell phones trolling right now..lmbo

Well let's say I just had some of that when I got home courtesy of Mr. Richard Lipscomb. He hooked me up with some great BBQ.

Not trying to be a jerk but please don't walk away quite. You crowed all week and never gave Reidsville credit. You talked monster trash all week. You said you would score in the 40s. I always said if you beat us I'd tip my hat. Come back on here and give credit is due. I did it last year. Don't run and don't hide now

Give us some time. Had to drive a couple hours.

Congrats to Reidsville. You were the better team. I think the cold weather had an impact on the passing game for both teams, but not necessarily the outcome. The TD at the end of the half was huge. We never could overcome the 14 point deficit. Game was a lot more even than the final score would indicate. Reidsville defense was right there with South Point when it comes to best I've seen this year.

Ramking you're just a moron. How lame and disrespectful to get on here and call a team trash. No one from Lincolnton called you guys trash after beating you last year. Have some class.

Reactions: lhsmamawolf
Where is alwaysawolf at was lighting up the boards just want him say u was right about that 21 points at halftime Geeesh didn't score 21 the whole game. Guess that bell of y'all's has a cold ride back. And weak schedule didn't see nothing weal but the wolves offense. The end
Sir, I honestly don't know to respond to this gibberish, as I can't figure out what you are trying to say...and sorry, I do not recall being part of any 21 points argument. I did however, have a great time posting on this thread! I will positively say you were right about that 21 points at halftime if you'll frame the reference more specifically.
After 18 Championsips, I'd think you'd have learned to win with a little more grace? Anyways, congratulations on the win, and good luck to your Rams next week. I know as little about your opponent as I did about you, so I can assure you I won't be making any halftime score prognostications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT